rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

gotta give rex grossman props

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 4TH AND STUPID, chrisharvard01, and Nats' Fan

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta give ur mom props as well for taking it like a champ

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

lmao

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I wonder why he's wearing a mask ?

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

grossman was under pressure all day long and the run game did jack all, with gains of 1 yard on first down 99% of the time ...

and yet he still delivered! grossman was fuking elite tonight and i hope he shut haters the fukk up!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He played really well

Raker show your face

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    grossman was under pressure all day long and the run game did jack all, with gains of 1 yard on first down 99% of the time ...

and yet he still delivered! grossman was fuking elite tonight and i hope he shut haters the fukk up!!
    Are you kidding?? Let's see him do it against a team that doesn't have 700 injuries on defense.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Let's hope Rex keeps it up. Glad to see him doing well as a Gator fan myself...he hasn't exactly been doing great in previous years.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    I wonder why he's wearing a mask ?

Yeah man I really wonder why

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Are you kidding?? Let's see him do it against a team that doesn't have 700 injuries on defense.

last time i checked washington was the underdog and rex grossman came through 300+ passing yards despite 4-5 dropped catches and heavy blitzes in his face thanks to an ineffective run game...

so yes for a guy who had no run game , lots of dropped passes, and lots of pressure both from the defense and from fan expectations, he delivered to lead his team to a solid 14 point division win in a home opener.

i dont know what you're babbling about but i dont buy it sorry

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Don't forget about "Good Rex, Bad Rex". Rex can look like a HOFer one week and look like a practice squad guy the next week.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post

last time i checked washington was the underdog and rex grossman came through 300+ passing yards despite 4-5 dropped catches and heavy blitzes in his face thanks to an ineffective run game...

so yes for a guy who had no run game , lots of dropped passes, and lots of pressure both from the defense and from fan expectations, he delivered to lead his team to a solid 14 point division win in a home opener.

i dont know what you're babbling about but i dont buy it sorry
    1 pt underdogs. Amazing.

Redskins don't play a legit defense until week 6 when they play the Eagle. Get back to me then.
    Last edited by Bluehorseshoe; 09-11-11 at 08:53 PM.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Obviously he wont do sh*t vs the birds week 6... but regardless, I wanna see him do something vs a team without 5 of their defensive starters standing on the sideline... c'mon guys, we have seen this nonsense out of rex before.. hes a fraud and a bum

Bluehorseshoe

1 pt underdogs. Amazing.

Redskins don't play a legit defense until week 6 when they play the Eagle. Get back to me then.
    And bingo......4 interceptions.

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

Rakeeeeeeee! Heeeeey buddy

Bluehorseshoe

John Beck replaces Rex Grossman

ASHBURN, Va. -- There's no other way to put it: Rex Grossman turned over the Washington Redskins starting quarterback job to John Beck.

Beck was anointed as the new No. 1 on Wednesday, chosen by coach Mike Shanahan to start Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers. Grossman gets the demotion after throwing four interceptions in a 20-13 loss to Philadelphia.

"You can't constantly turn the football over," Shanahan said. "And if you do, you're going to lose your opportunity to lead the football team."

Beck, the 30-year-old former second-round pick, will make his first NFL start since 2007, when he was a rookie for a Miami team that went 1-15. He played the fourth quarter against the Eagles after Grossman was benched, leading the Redskins' only touchdown drive of the game.

NFC East blog

Graziano ESPN.com's Dan Graziano writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"There's been a lot of hard work that's gone into this," Beck said. "You never know when your opportunity's going to come, and you've always got to stay ready. I've tried to do that."

Beck and Grossman took turns at the podium expressing their respective excitement and disappointment, reversing their roles from six weeks ago when Grossman won the job at the end of training camp.

"Things change," Beck said, "in the blink of an eye."

Shanahan called the quarterbacks into his office Tuesday to inform them of the switch.

"I was frustrated," Grossman said. "Not completely surprised, but I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to come back off that game."

Although the Redskins (3-2) have a winning record, Grossman hasn't been able to shake reputation as a turnover machine. His nine interceptions tie him for the NFL lead with Carolina's Cam Newton, who has 42 more attempts.

Grossman has 11 total turnovers -- including two fumbles -- through five games this season, and 18 in eight Redskins starts dating to last season. He has 46 touchdown passes and 49 interceptions in a career that reached its peak when he led Chicago to the Super Bowl after the 2006 season.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

1 pt underdogs. Amazing.

Nice call, Bluehorseshoe. Hard to believe people were getting excited about Rex. WTF Shanny?

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Skins fans get excited about any kind of change. the team gets a new water boy and the whole city is claiming superbowl.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

gross man was the problem. its not just any change. he doesnt even throw the ball- he flicks it in the receivers direction.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

What else do we have to cling on to, Jimmy?