Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Week 1 - Picking every game

I am not - repeat, not - betting every game. My bets are elsewhere. This is just a bit of fun. All lines are taken from footballlocks.com at the time of posting.

I'm too late for the Packers-Saints game of course. Let's just assume I'd have got that one right.

Ravens -1.5 over Steelers
    How can you not back a team named after a poem?

Buccaneers -1.5 over Lions
    The Lions won this meeting in overtime last season, but even as a sort-of Lions fan I think the late summer heat and young, upwardly-mobile Bucs will do for Detroit on Sunday

Bears +2 over Falcons
    Atlanta's defensive passer rating last season was 82.19, despite facing less-than-stellar QBS in half their games (hello Jimmy Clausen and Charlie Whitehurst).

Bills +5.5 @ Chiefs
    KC faced only three opponents who finished with winning records last season. Poor ole Bills faced NINE. Buffalo showed fight throughout the season and looked half-decent once new coaching had bedded in. Still not sure, but Cassell's rickety ribs say Buffalo.

Texans -8.5 over Colts
    I imagine at least one Texans player or coach has claimed that they wish Manning was playing 'cause "you want to compete with the best". Yeah right. It's stomping time!

Eagles -4 @ Rams
    Not convinced by Eagles, OL issues in particular, but Bradford either keeps dinking-and-dunking (lose) or Rams let him throw downfield (lose).

Bengals +6.5 @ Browns
    If an NFL game is played and nobody watches, does it make a sound?

Titans +1.5 @Jaguars
    I quite like the Jags for no particular reason, and dislike the Titans (Fisher is a nob, ditto Hasselbeck). Since life is little more than a crushing series of disappointing, demoralising blows, Titans sure to win.

NYG -3 @ Redskins
    I live surrounded by Giants fans whose cheery blue shirts somehow make me think 'Retire, Shanahan'.

Cardinals -7 over Panthers
    I actually really want to see this game. It promises to be a real mess, and I enjoy that in some twisted way. Picking the Cards just because it's got to be hard to win first time out, on the road, with new HC and rookie QB.

49ers -5.5 over Seahawks
    I very nearly bet this game, as I'd possibly even bet on the Colorado Rapids versus Seattle.

Vikings +8.5 @ Chargers
    I expect the Superbowl-bound Chargers to win, but they do seem to make life hard for themselves early in the season. Vikings cover, somehow.

Cowboys +5.5 @ Jets
    I just ****ing hate the Jets, alright? I'm picking with my twisted, black, acid-filled heart, not my head.

Dolphins +7 over Patriots
    Is this the last one?

Broncos -3 over Raiders
    Ah, good.
    Last edited by Limey; 09-10-11 at 11:52 PM. Reason: typoes