Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Week 1 picks and thoughts

I'm so disorganised and busy that I haven't even done my prep on half the teams in the league, so I'm not even selecting from the full slate this week. Frankly, I should probably pass entirely but this IS supposed to be fun so just three small, small plays:

Colts @ Texans
    I read a report that remarked on how the line movement on this game suggested that Peyton Manning was worth a touchdown to the Colts. That seems like a huge under-estimate to me. No doubt the other Indy players (yes, they have some) will be busting a gut here to prove they're not a one man team, but they didn't win this fixture last season with Peytie-pie.

I like Kerry Collins more than most people do, but I sense a rout here at the beginning of (hopefully) a humbling season for Bill Polian's empire.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Indy 17 - 38 Houston
    4 units TEXANS -8.5

Falcons @ Bears
    I consider the Falcons to be a pretty average team riding Matt Ryan hard. This time last year they failed to beat a team quarterbacked by Denis Dixon, on the road, outdoors on a grass field. The Bears are no Steelers, for sure, but I think their strengths and weaknesses fit well against this opponent. I'd make this a proper bet if not for the ever-present (and legitimate) fear of Cutler interceptions.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Atlanta 20 - 28 Chicago
    4 units Bears +2

Titans @ Jaguars
    Two unconvincing teams. Two quarterbacks about whom we can't really be sure as this season starts, for different reasons - is Hasselbeck past it, is McCown any good? I just fancy the Titans here and will take the money line.
    Mystic Limey forsees: Tennessee 23 - 16 Jacksonville
    4 units Titans ML at 21/20

Enjoy week one!

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

A decent Sunday, 2-1. I predicted the Texans would win by 21, they won by 27. Predicted Bears to win by 8 but they did it by 18. Missed on the Titans, but... um... I got the Jags' points exactly right.

I usually screw up badly on week one so this bodes well.