Larrythelegend
    Larrythelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

Colts/Texans discussion

Line is at Colts +9 right now. MoneyLine +350. Colts a good play here on both the +9 and the ML? Collins did lead the Tennessee team from a few years ago to an outstanding season that almost went undefeated....

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

This spread makes me nervous on the TEX side but I can't bring myself to believe Collins (a decent but old/out of the loop QB) can get up to speed enough with the playbook (that is basically run out of Manning's melon at the line) to win outright. INDY with the points is probably the play but it's down on my list of action so we'll see. Cheers

Larrythelegend
    Larrythelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    This spread makes me nervous on the TEX side but I can't bring myself to believe Collins (a decent but old/out of the loop QB) can get up to speed enough with the playbook (that is basically run out of Manning's melon at the line) to win outright. INDY with the points is probably the play but it's down on my list of action so we'll see. Cheers
    Agreed

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

texans ftw

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Check out the track record of Kerry Collins versus Wade Phillips. Wade owns Kerry.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Check out the track record of Kerry Collins versus Wade Phillips. Wade owns Kerry.
    Strong info. Very good point.
    I can see Kerry maybe catching a little lightning in a bottle. He's got the arm strength and the talent, but does he have comfort with the players around him and the offense?
    We'll find out, but I think even short Foster tommorrow, the Texans should be fine.
    Indy's got a work in progress O line... And not a lot of depth. Manning mauls the team's cap number leaving them not a lot of wiggle room to keep players. I really don't like much of Indy's roster, save their bookend rushers.

I'm playing the ML on the Texans. I don't like laying that much wood with the spread.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Yeah, I saw the W. Philips gig too but still give Collins enough to cover the spread. Pretty iffy game in my books though. I'm still likely to give it a pass, but possibly INDY plus the points. Cheers

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Good team to play a 6 pt teaser on

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

i like the over 43, gl all

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
    i like the over 43, gl all
    I wouldn't count on to many of that 43 coming from Indy's offense led by Collins. It will be plain vanilla play calling. How much of the play book could he possibly absorb in 2 weeks? Indy might be lucky to get to double digits. I'd be careful with this game.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

The colts without peyton are a 2 win team at best, just look up and down the roster there talent is on line with carolina. People dont realize how good peyton is.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Dont really think this team will respond too well off the bat with Collins, can see them running the same exact offense with him behind center and cant see him making the throws Peyton made in this offense.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 09-10-11 at 11:15 PM.