seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Peyton Manning NFL Conspiracy Theory

Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL. The NFL knew Peyton Manning would miss this entire season, and the news of the highest paid player contract was announced to give hope to NFL fans who order direct tv, nfl network, advertisers, etc that Peyton was fine. Then less than 5 days before the season its announced that Peyton won't be playing. Sounds like the NBA and Jordan. Feedback. Everyone knew this was going to happen in March and the NFL kept it a secret.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

That doesn't explain why the Colts didn't sign Collins or a better back up earlier. He had surgery after the season ended....all he was supposed to do was rest...and apparently it wasn't getting better so they were becoming more concerned.

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing would surprise me and if thats the case somehow it would get leaked ..........eventually!! But Naz18 you're right.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

don't get me started on conspiracy theories...

They make everyone interview minority coaches, so obviously the make them hire minority coaches..

SO...

If they are making them hire minority coaches, they must be making them start minority Quarterbacks..

If you think guys like Jim Caldwell are NFL coach material, then you are crazy...

If you think Tavaris Jackson or David Garrard are NFL Caliber QB's, then you're crazy...

IT IS A BUSINESS!!!!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    That doesn't explain why the Colts didn't sign Collins or a better back up earlier. He had surgery after the season ended....all he was supposed to do was rest...and apparently it wasn't getting better so they were becoming more concerned.
    They didn't think they would need Collins until the obvious. Signing Collins early would have been an admission that Peyton was not going to play early or at all. Did you see any other team trying to lure K Collins out of retirement?

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Just stop. Are people going to stop watching the NFL because Peyton isn't playing? You can still cancel your Sunday Ticket if you are so bummed about it and go hang at the mall on Sundays.

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    don't get me started on conspiracy theories... They make everyone interview minority coaches, so obviously the make them hire minority coaches.. SO... If they are making them hire minority coaches, they must be making them start minority Quarterbacks.. If you think guys like Jim Caldwell are NFL coach material, then you are crazy... If you think Tavaris Jackson or David Garrard are NFL Caliber QB's, then you're crazy... IT IS A BUSINESS!!!!
    Exactly it's a business so teams are going to put the best coaches or players possible on the field to make money.

Sure David Garrard isn't a great QB but he has a career 35 more TDs then INTs and a career passer rating of 85.8. Now go look at the QBs on the Buffalo Bills or the Miami Dolphins. Don't know why you scrutinize the average/mediocre black QBs so much when theirs plenty of mediocre white QBs in the league....

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

I could care less if Manning is playing, I'm not paying the nfl for anything.

Football is more of a team sport than basketball so silly to compare to Jordan.

Everyone cancel everything because manning is not playing. lol He's boring anyway.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

there are 31 other teams in NFL.

JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

right. **** peyton manning...that division is up for grabs now? texans or titans hopefully??? its time for someone else to win that division

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

I commented on my Collins conspiracy at EOG. I think he was intalks with them for a long time. I even wnet as far as to say I think he had a playbook. Which may or may not be valid since Peyton was goof on the line. So any new play book would be exponentially easier to understand and implement.

I seriously think Collins might work out better for the Colts. While he probably isnt as 'good' he is certainly passable. His health is a little suspect right now. but if he can stay healthy and get into a rhythem he is a pretty good QB. He will certainly not make any major mistakes, whch despte all the accolades manning was prone to do. So rather than ahving a gambler who wasted time changing or calling plays he didnt need to you have an efficient and solid guy who can manage a game pretty well. So while he wont give you the possibility of getting out of a hole with some dazzling display of talent, he isnt likely to put you in a hole by overestimating that talent and making a mistake. Does it even out? Only time will tell.

obviously it would have been better to see him in a game or two pre season but this preseason was an abortion and teams looked like ass out there so the losses in not playing a preseason game this year are greatly diminished. In other words he isnt as far behind the guys who played this year as he would be in years past.

But like I say I think he was in talks he was looking at film he was studying plays and they obviously wouldnt bring him in too early, and bringing him so late just shows how far they were willing to keep the charade going. I mean seriously if the colts didnt know as soon as the lock out was over that manning wouldnt be playing this year it would be a major shock to me. manning might even be stand up enough to tell them before he was 'supposed' to talk to them that he wouldnt be ready if/when the season did happen.

The lock out is the key. Nothing was said because if the season didnt happen no harm no foul. So plausible deny ability. Same as they have it now. The lock out stopped manning was pretty sure he could go, and thus they didnt need to seek help. They had their regular guys and if they were any good they wouldnt need to call in Collins. So they took a free roll maybe. I think collins really was always in the loop, exactly when can be debated. ButI think it was a long time before it was made 'official'. I also think that Collins may not have been their first choice, but he was the one that took them up on their offer first.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

NFL doesn't rely on one player

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

lol redic....if brady, peyton, and brees announced they wouldnt be playing, the nfl would still be more popular then ever. if anything it would give 31 other team's fans more hope and reason to cheer bc one less likely sb contender is out of the picture

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This might end up like the Spurs did in 97...They lose their best player for the season (David Robinson) and end up with the worst record in the league and the 1st pick in the draft. They take Tim Duncan and end up winning a few championships and never fall off.
    The Colts could somehow end up with the 1st pick, take Andrew Luck, give him a year or 2 behind Peyton IF Peyton ever gets healthy and then stick him in there and be contenders right away again.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Brady and Rodgers are the faces of the NFL now.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

so from reading this thread, i can guess that the OP played a bunch of $$$$$ on the colts -3 to pk as soon as the lines were available, and now he is mad because his chances are very slim

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

How about the Fantasy Leagues where people fell on their swords? I'm a Colts fan...but you could see a real trainwreck with the Colts this year....laying down to get Andrew Luck because Peyton will never play again. Now there's a bold statement

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    This might end up like the Spurs did in 97...They lose their best player for the season (David Robinson) and end up with the worst record in the league and the 1st pick in the draft. They take Tim Duncan and end up winning a few championships and never fall off. The Colts could somehow end up with the 1st pick, take Andrew Luck, give him a year or 2 behind Peyton IF Peyton ever gets healthy and then stick him in there and be contenders right away again.
    Wow you really think the Colts are that bad without Manning....get real. Indy have a great offense...heck Tim Tebow could start for them and they would still win a few games.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The password is: crazy

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

you are waaaaaaay overrating the lure of Manning.

But keep in mind that team doctors and officials weren't actually allowed to evaluate Manning until the lock out ended at the end of July. Any admission of such could cause the league to take action against the Colts of violating the lockout.

Assuming they followed the rules, they didn't get look at Manning until the start of August, after a week or so they may have had the feeling it was bad, but they would most likely need a couple of weeks to evaluate him and look at the surgery and history, by then its the middle of August. A week or two of talking and boom they sign Collins.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I didn't think about it that deeply, but that is a definite way to avoid disaster on the colts part.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    This might end up like the Spurs did in 97...They lose their best player for the season (David Robinson) and end up with the worst record in the league and the 1st pick in the draft. They take Tim Duncan and end up winning a few championships and never fall off.
    The Colts could somehow end up with the 1st pick, take Andrew Luck, give him a year or 2 behind Peyton IF Peyton ever gets healthy and then stick him in there and be contenders right away again.

I was thinking the same thing. Peyton down for the season just about insures a high draft pick and with a good pick they can contend for the title next year and still groom Peyton's successor.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Peyton down for the season just about insures a high draft pick and with a good pick they can contend for the title next year and still groom Peyton's successor.

yeah because so many high drafty picks in the NFL end up being big time players. if anything the top players are more of a burden. because they demand way too much in terms of guaranteed money and signing bonuses. Not sure how much that has changed with the new CBA, but it probably wasnt enough.

if you took the top 10 picks in the draft in the past 10 years, or the top 100 players taken how many made an impact?

I will let someone else look it up but I would say it is less than 20%. I would also bet that less than half of them are still in the league.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Wow you really think the Colts are that bad without Manning....get real. Indy have a great offense...heck Tim Tebow could start for them and they would still win a few games.
    Indy has a great offense? Lol. Get real. You mean they have a great QB. How do you know they have a good offense? To say they have a "great" offense is a joke. You don't know that. They have a great QB. We'll see what they're offense is made of.
    They have a bad offensive line. Who knows how good Austin Collie, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon and all those guys are without Peyton. Just look at how good Deion Branch is when he plays with Tom Brady. He goes from average to Pro-Bowl caliber just by switching QB's. There's so many examples of that. A QB is that important. Of course their skill players seem talented with Manning back there. Now we'll see what they're really made of.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

didnt even know peyton was the face of the nfl...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Tim Tebow would probably ben an upgrade over a retired old hack coaxed off the retirement couch 2 weeks ago.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    didnt even know peyton was the face of the nfl...
    You have not been watching the games. Name someone else, coach, player, exec, etc, who has been in more commercials over the past 5 years.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    yeah because so many high drafty picks in the NFL end up being big time players. if anything the top players are more of a burden. because they demand way too much in terms of guaranteed money and signing bonuses. Not sure how much that has changed with the new CBA, but it probably wasnt enough.

if you took the top 10 picks in the draft in the past 10 years, or the top 100 players taken how many made an impact?

I will let someone else look it up but I would say it is less than 20%. I would also bet that less than half of them are still in the league.
    I realize that being a high draft pick doesn't automatically mean becoming an impact player in the NFL, but the Colts are definitely one of the better teams at evaluating talent. Considering their average draft position over the last decade or so, they have done a very good job at evaluating talent and developing players. The Colts are never big players in the free agent market but have been able to consistently add talent to their roster through draft picks. The Colts won't be the worst team and get first overall, unless they do some dealing which is very possible, to get Luck. An already good team, when Manning returns, and getting a top 6-7 pick could be huge for the Colts in 2012.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Indy still makes the playoffs...book it.

Pats win the Super Bowl...book it.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

Pats are stacked and have a great chance of winning it all this year. They haven't faired well the last few years in the playoffs even though they were the better team, home field advantage, etc. Brady doesn't have many years left. I have to agree that Pats and Brady get it done this year.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL. The NFL knew Peyton Manning would miss this entire season, and the news of the highest paid player contract was announced to give hope to NFL fans who order direct tv, nfl network, advertisers, etc that Peyton was fine. Then less than 5 days before the season its announced that Peyton won't be playing. Sounds like the NBA and Jordan. Feedback. Everyone knew this was going to happen in March and the NFL kept it a secret.
    paco said he was betting on Kerry Collins

well betpoints that is

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I don't smell liquor on your breath, so you must be crazy.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

no the plain and simple is that jim irsay gave him the deal as a "bonus" knowing that he couldn't probably play and that it might be infact over, which i say he's retiring. in the end it's nothing to him as manning alone has made the colts brand into somehting huge once again and irsay has laughed to the bank making 100s of millions during peyton's time there so this deal is simply a thank you....manning will end up being the face of franchise after playing and possible gm down the road...MARK IT DOWN!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    no the plain and simple is that jim irsay gave him the deal as a "bonus" knowing that he couldn't probably play and that it might be infact over, which i say he's retiring. in the end it's nothing to him as manning alone has made the colts brand into somehting huge once again and irsay has laughed to the bank making 100s of millions during peyton's time there so this deal is simply a thank you....manning will end up being the face of franchise after playing and possible gm down the road...MARK IT DOWN!
    If indeed it is over, why throw away this season getting Collins two weeks ago. Are they going for the Luck Lotto?

VicVega91
    VicVega91's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I first saw the thread I thought it was a joke, but you are frickin serious !?!? Please stop doing the drugs and come back to reality.

12 Last