Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry's week 1 nfl plays

Boyz,

I've had a lot of success with my college plays over the past few years on this forum. These are my top 5 picks in week 1 in what I hope to be a very profitable NFL season.

CHICAGO +2- against ATLANTA

Is it possible that Mr. Oddsmaker is giving too much respect to Matty Ice and the Falcons? Factoring in the customary 3 points to the home team, I have to wonder if Atlanta would be laying 8- at home to these Bears. Doubt it. Have no idea why they are favored in this spot against a pesky Bears team that won their division (over the Packers) last year. Give me the points, the home crowd, and da Bears! They'll win outright.

NY GIANTS -3 at WASHINGTON

The Giants have had a run of bad luck and will come into this one without some of their best players. Still, they've beaten the Skins 6 straight and Eli Manning is a much better QB than Rex Grossman. The Giants should be able to get it done but it probably won't be pretty.

SAN DIEGO -8- over MINNESOTA

The Vikes come to town with a new QB and a very shaky OL. San Diego meanwhile, comes into this season with all their stud receivers healthy for the first time in a while. Rivers will shred 'em in this one as the Chargers do all they can to get off to a good start for once. They better put up a W here because they've got the Pats on deck.

NEW YORK JETS -5 over DALLAS

Folks, it's 9/11 and the game is in New York. Ride the momentum with the better defense and the better team. Jets.

NEW ENGLAND -6- at MIAMI

Miami has a solid defense, probably even better than the Pats'....but on the offensive side, it's Brady and a slew of good receivers against Henne and not too much else. Miami simply cannot trade points with New England. Lay it.

As always, best of luck,
    Harry

str8ridah
    str8ridah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 166

I followed you on Da Bears. It's looking good so far. GL on the rest.