mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

mccoy and jennings.

mccoy will be top ppr back if healthy all season

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

McCoy Jennings.....Arian's hamstring bothers me. And Henne blows too.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Foster > McCoy
    Marshall > Jennings

No brainer Foster/Marshall

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Foster > McCoy
    Marshall > Jennings

No way, not in PPR.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Foster > McCoy
    Marshall > Jennings

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

mccoy jennings win and i would veto it

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

jennings/mccoy no doubt

Iamlong
    Iamlong's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL all you guys saying Gennings Mccoy are retarded. And using the PPR stat is not a good argument b/c Foster caught more balls last year then McCoy and will probably do the same again. Foster is arguably the number one fantasy player in football. Mccoy is top ten possibly.

Gennings was a DECOY last year when Finley was on the field. He was a glorified wr2. There is no way in hell he duplicates last years play, unless you are banking on Finley going down again. Brandon Marshall and Greg Jennings are a wash.

Foster/Marshall by a landslide.

DLunc has tiny balls.

Iamlong

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    No way, not in PPR.

what are you talking about? lol..

Marshall had more receptions last year then Jennings

Foster had more receptions then McCoy..

Comeon..

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I have to assume this isn't a keeper league....in which case, the team who gets the best player typically wins the trade...Foster is the best player in this trade, so...very well could be Foster/Marshall...

The problem I have is in Marshall...I just don't regard him very highly at all in Miami...bad system, average at best QB...

However, I would just go w/ the time proven fantasy rule...team who gets best player, wins trade...and that being said, I'd have to go w/ Foster Marshall here.

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by Iamlong View Post
    what are you talking about? lol..

Marshall had more receptions last year then Jennings

Foster had more receptions then McCoy..

Comeon..
    McCoy had 78 receptions, Foster 66.

Foster clearly has the better season, but can he repeat an amazing year? Already starting with a beat up hammy.

Jennings had 76 receptions, Marshall 86.

Jennings had 12 TD's to Marshall's 3. Jennings is clearly the more talented player. He may get less endzone looks with Finley back but he atleast has a capable Qb to throw him the ball.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    McCoy had 78 receptions, Foster 66. Foster clearly has the better season, but can he repeat an amazing year? Already starting with a beat up hammy. Jennings had 76 receptions, Marshall 86. Jennings had 12 TD's to Marshall's 3. Jennings is clearly the more talented player. He may get less endzone looks with Finley back but he atleast has a capable Qb to throw him the ball.
    I would say that Marshall is a much more talented receiver than Greg Jennings although Jennings is the veteran and knows how to get it done. I have a feeling he goes on a cruise control here and there this season as he's aging a bit and the Packers have some more offensive weapons that are healthy.

Marshall and Henne have developed an unreal rapport in the offseason from what I've read and if you ask any corner back in the league, they will tell you B Marshall is a much tougher person to guard than Jennings.

McCoy might have to give up goal line carries to Ronnie Brown too. It's a tough call, I dunno.

Iamlong

My bad on the McCoy Receptions: I looked at the wrong column on the stat sheet haha..

SO McCoy had 12 more receptions (less then one a game), but Foster had double the touchdowns (18 - 9 I believe). I just dont see the comparison at all.

Jennings last year with Finley in the line up played 5 games. Here are four of the stats: 3/36 yds, 2/18 yards. 2/25 yards, 2/25 yards. Now he did have 3 tds in that span, but still in this .5 ppr league was only around 10 fantasy points as a "WR1" in the best offense in football? I just dont see him being top 10 -15 like that. Marshall however ended the year with 26 catches in three games. He gets a ton of targets. Will he score more then 3 tds? I think so. Will Jennings put up 12 again? I dont see it. I think he will probably score more still of course, b/c as you said he has the better qb, team, etc. But they are close and I think they will finish very close..

So in my mind this is a RB vs RB trade and I think the nod goes to foster very easily..

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

ok this is how it went down.....

I drafted mccoy and jennings.

Less then a week after the trade, I was offered foster and marshall for those two.

After debating it and discussing it with a few people, I decided to accept. Here is my reasoning...

#1) When healthy, I feel Foster is hands down the better fantasy back then Mccoy. I love Mccoy as I am a die hard eagles fan, but when it comes to fantasy, Foster is obviously the better choice. IMO, they will both catch a similar amount of balls. The league is a 1/2 ppr league, so even if Mccoy catches 15 more balls, that is only .5 more points per game in a 15 game season. So that basically is a non factor. When comparing the two, Foster is basically the ONLY option on the ground in Houston... and as shown last year, they are not afraid to give him basically every carry, esp near the goal line. Mccoy on the other hand... for starters, Andy Reid loves to throw the ball as much as any coach in football... even near the goal line. This already frustrates me as an Eagles fan.. I cant imagine how much that would piss me off if Mccoy was my fantasy back. The Eagles also have other options near the goal line.. Obviously, Vick is a huge option on the ground by himself.... then there is Ronnie Brown. I personally do not think they brought him in to play the same role as Jerome Harrison last yr. Brown is a proven stud in this league, even if he lost a small step. I would not be suprised to see him get many touches around the goal line, as he has proven that he has a nose for the end zone. Just as the Reid has been retarded enough to give the ball to guys like Eldra Bunkley (exactly, who?) near the goal line the past few years... I can definatley see him handing the ball to a proven back like Ronnie. Im not saying that Mccoy wont have a great yr and wont get goal line touches.. but I do see reason for concern. Foster should crush Mccoy in terms of TDs, rushing attempts (maybe 100 more then mccoy?), and rushing yards, putting him in my opinion the better fantasy option.

#2) When comparing Jennings and Marshall, I immediately leaned toward Jennings as on almost every ranking sheet you see, experts have Jennings top 5, and marshall not even in the top ten. After remembering how last year played out, I looked a little deeper into it... The first 6 games last year (4 of which which Finley was the focal point of the offense in GB), Jennings compiled a total of 14 catches and 3 tds..going over 36 yards receiving just once. Three straight games he had only two catches. Was this a result of Finley being there and them keying on him, not Jennings? Maybe, maybe not... but definitely a concern. Marshall on the other hand, while having a little less yards, and 10 less tds (which is huge), had 10 more catches then Jennings (which is nothing in a .5 ppr league). What I noticed at the end of last year though, was that him and Henne were starting to work well together. Marshall ended the season with 10 catches, 11 catches, and 5 catches for 106 yards, 102 yards, and 97 yards. While the TDs were still basically absent, that was a very good sign. I have also heard the reports that him and Henne have gotten even more on the same page with each other over the summer. Marshall is also by far IMO the more talented receiver of the two... it just comes down to the QB (where obviously Rodgers takes the cake). So, bc of Rodgers, I expect more tds from Jennings, just as he had last year. But, this year I expect over 100 catches from Marshall (pretty easy I think)... and prob in the neighborhood of 5/7 Tds. Jennings might still have the better fantasy year, but I do not think by much.

Based on that analysis, I chose to accept the trade and go with Foster and Marshall. Foster's hammy is the only thing making me second guess my decision... But, I feel that my team is solid enough to get through a few weeks without him. As long as he is healthy for the homestretch later in the year, I feel like Foster and Marshall were the correct move.
    Last edited by dlunc3; 09-07-11 at 06:12 PM.

mstone897

good luck dlunc.

dlunc3

thanks man... to be perfectly honest, id be fine if all four guys (well, not Mccoy) blew their knees if i hit 60% on my nlf picks this yr haha

gotta love fantasy though... BOL to you too

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamlong View Post
    My bad on the McCoy Receptions: I looked at the wrong column on the stat sheet haha..
    Who is the retard now?

I just can't go with a RB that has a hammy issue, that can linger all season. Also I think he will come back down to earth this year. He isn't going to surprise no one, like Indy in week one last year.

I would rather have the better QB throwing to my WR, so I would opt for Jennings. I wouldn't rely on Henne for anything.

Good luck dlunc.

dlunc3

yea, you are right... it all hangs on that hammy...

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Who is the retard now?

I just can't go with a RB that has a hammy issue, that can linger all season. Also I think he will come back down to earth this year. He isn't going to surprise no one, like Indy in week one last year.

I would rather have the better QB throwing to my WR, so I would opt for Jennings. I wouldn't rely on Henne for anything.

Good luck dlunc.

granted the hammy certainly a issue and cant argue the fact they can linger, but when he is a go i just dont see him "coming back down to earth", seeing how you cannot stack the box against this offense and with this line he doesnt have to sneak up on anyone. think the cat was out of the bag pretty early last year and he continued to produce week after week, just not many teams out there that are capable of stacking to stop Foster w/o hou passing game torching them.

my biggest worry is he knows how sweet it is running in this offense and he pushes it to get back for fear of the backups shining and ends up with a season long issue as you mentioned. He is still making shit so you gotta expect him to be anxious to produce again so he can cash in. Hopefully the Hammy holds up as i drafted him, hell he won me my league last season and when healthy you can pretty much pencil him in for 20 every week..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    granted the hammy certainly a issue and cant argue the fact they can linger, but when he is a go i just dont see him "coming back down to earth", seeing how you cannot stack the box against this offense and with this line he doesnt have to sneak up on anyone. think the cat was out of the bag pretty early last year and he continued to produce week after week, just not many teams out there that are capable of stacking to stop Foster w/o hou passing game torching them.

my biggest worry is he knows how sweet it is running in this offense and he pushes it to get back for fear of the backups shining and ends up with a season long issue as you mentioned. He is still making shit so you gotta expect him to be anxious to produce again so he can cash in. Hopefully the Hammy holds up as i drafted him, hell he won me my league last season and when healthy you can pretty much pencil him in for 20 every week..
    I hope he is healthy for you BigDan.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Oh yeah. I face the team with Foster on his BYE week, so I don't have to worry about him.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

These guys whining about not trusting Foster because he had "only" one good season & there is no way he can duplicate it then why aren't you saying the same thing about McCoy?? He had one good season too but the same principle doesn't apply?? Foster is going #1 or #2 in the majority of drafts & that's w/ the hammy issue. McCoy has been consistently going 6-10. I'm in 5 fantasy leagues & Foster was drafted ahead of McCoy in 4 of those & that's w/ the hammy issue known. The 5th is an auction league where Foster went for $56 & McCoy went for $43....

As far as the person who says they rather have the better QB throwing to their receiver I could easily rebuttal that w/ I'd rather have the receiver that has no other competition for the ball unlike Jennings who has to battle 4 other options for balls in GB.

Foster/Marshall > McCoy/Jennings

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    not saying who i have...

mccoy/jennings

or

foster/marshall

1/2ppr

any thoughts?
    I like Arian and Brandon waaaaaaaaay better than Colt and Rashad...