Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

HOW DID I DO? FF draft please critique.

It was a 12 team PPR league and I was pick 10. This is a pretty competitive money league.

QB- Jay Cutler
    WR- Andre Johnson
    WR- Calvin Johnson
    RB- Beanie Wells
    RB- Tim Hightower
    W/R/T - Brandon Lloyd
    TE- Vernon Davis
    K - Rob Bironas
    DEF - New Orleans
    BN -Ryan Grant
    Sidney Rice
    Steve Smith (Carolina)
    Matt Cassel
    Delone Carter
    Last edited by Resler; 09-06-11 at 08:09 AM.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Your receivers will carry you this year. I expect an average year from Beanie. On the flip side, this is Hightower's chance to prove himself. I bet Cassel will be your starting QB by mid season. Saints defense is getting old and I wouldn't of drafted them (just my opinion). Bironas is an automatic kicker so that was a solid pick. Ryan Grant is going to have a shit year. Grant and Starks will be sharing the carries this year in Green Bay (that is when they decide to run the ball which is rare). I don't know what to expect from Sidney Rice with Tavaris Jackson behind center. Same goes from Steve Smith with Cam Newton being the QB.

Its a lot easier for me to criticize a team that I didn't draft. But I'd have to see the other teams to really be able to tell you how good your team really is or not. Best of luck this year!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

keep an eye on roy helu, i got hightower too and he could lose that job easily, especially to this helu guy. Before the season started I picked up peyton hillis last year as my surprise and I got Helu this year.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Very impressive. Like D3 said, I'd love to see the complete draft and/or roster lists for your league. For you to assemble that much talent, you must've have some real knuckleheads in your pool drafting guys like Brett Favre. Heck, I wouldn't have even touched Peyton Manning until the middle rounds but I wonder if someone in your league took him first round or something. Always sweet making money off idiots.

Resler

No, league is competitive. My first three picks were a. Johnson, calvin johnson, brandon lloyd, because everyone was going rbs. My rb's I am obviously not thrilled about but they are starters on non platoon team and also catch the ball for ppr. Peyton manning was drafted in the 9th round. I was very close to having schaub on my team, when I couldn't get him I was going to wait the next round for freeman or stafford but they both got picked. I think cutler could surprise in a second year martz offense, but we'll see. The saints defense was my last pick. I normally change defense to whoever is playing a trainwreck offense. Ill change defense like 8 times a year.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Players Talk

redzonethreat
    redzonethreat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    It was a 12 team PPR league and I was pick 10. This is a pretty competitive money league.

QB- Jay Cutler
    WR- Andre Johnson
    WR- Calvin Johnson
    RB- Beanie Wells
    RB- Tim Hightower
    W/R/T - Brandon Lloyd
    K - Rob Bironas
    DEF - New Orleans
    BN -Ryan Grant
    Sidney Rice
    Steve Smith (Carolina)
    Matt Cassel
    Delone Carter
    You are loaded at receiver!!!

If your league has a flex start and you get 1 point per reception your team is dangerous!

Resler

Yes, we have a flex position and its PPR. I forgot my TE is Vernon Davis.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Weak @ QB for a 12 teamer. I'm assuming you went (1) A. Johnson, (2) C. Johnson, (3) Lloyd, (4) Hightower, (5), Wells?? Which is a solid nucleus if Hightower & Wells hold UP but I would have been looking for next best QB @ that point. Peyton Manning's been going about this spot & Roethlisberger, Ryan, Stafford, Freeman, Bradford, Kolb & E. Manning all should have been available here & all are a notch above Cutler. If your backs hold UP you should be tough.

No TE in this league or what?? I've never heard of that before especially in a pretty competitive money league.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

GL this yr...