BigEasySL
    BigEasySL's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL 2011 Week 1

Minnesota's Leslie Frazier was promoted from "interim" to "full time" head coach replacing Brad Childress. The Viking's also have a new starting Q-back in Donavan McNabb who should provide more offense than Last year's Q-backs. San Diego returns Norv Turner as head coach and Philip Rivers as starting Q-back respectively.

Minnesota sholud be an improved team just with the change in Q-back but I don't think it will be enough to offset a San Diego team that was awfully good at "home" last year. The Chargers won 75% of thier homes games straight up & against the spread, while the Vikings won only 25% of their away games straight up and covered only 37.5% of the time ATS.

I don't usually like to give points but in this case I like San Diego -8 1/2.

Other plays:

Pittsburgh +2 1/2. The Steelers should win outright!

Chicago +3. The Bears are a hard team to beat at home!

Kansas City -6 1/2. The Chiefs were almost unbeatable at home last year!

NY Giants -3. New York has to get off to a good start!

Philadelphia -4 1/2. I don't like the way Vick mouthed off earlier in the week but the Eagles have to musc talent for St. Louis.

Out On A Limb:

With a healthy Matt Stafford and the attitude Ndamukong Suh provides the defense I like Detroit plus the points against Tampa Bay.

Good luck & have a great season!

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

San diego is notorious for starting slowly to the season. Minnesota still has a good defense, I just don't see the value in a multiple score line this early with this matchup. What am I missing?