stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it just me, or does this play look insanely good?

Two team 6 pt teaser:

Giants +9

Under 41

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I honestly dont see how any preseason pick can look "insanely good"

maybe a player prop that says Eli will do something fukking stupid or Rex Ryan will say something fukking stupid
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

stingyrivers

I generally don't bet preseason either... But out here, I have been watching some guys do good insightful homework and score a winning percentage with these garbage games... It seems if you have a solid rationale behind a bet, it is a winnable proposition... I have seen this mostly with totals, obviously sides are total coinflips, but totals are directly related to the coaches strategy for each preseason game, and I have seen that play out well the past couple weeks...

at any rate, in this game Rex stated that he wants to use this game to establish the running game, and the Giants forte in establishing the run, both contribute to an under... also, that coupled with shitty play by back up quarterbacks and receivers in the fourth quarter also contribute to an under... Also consider the weather in Jersey probably still going to be a little damp and rain trodden... another under factor...

All of these factors combined with an extra 6 points on the vegas set total (which have for the most part been set fairly sharp) lead to a strong rationale for an under bet, regardless of when in the year the game takes place

UNDER 41

all of those factors also contribute to the giants being less likely to lose by double digits to their home stadium rival in front of their home fans a week before they are going to be wanting to fill the stadium with ticket sales...

Giants + 9

seems insanely good to me

Its not like I am saying take a 9 point fave to cover in preseason, or under the fixed total... 6 point cushion on both... pretty good bet, even in late August

any takers? Anymore dissenters? I would like to hear from both

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I like the Giants ML so I definitely think +9 is good

Under 41 I would be careful - I would probably tease it the other way and say OVER 29

Burress is going to score (7pts)
    Jets RBs will probably score (7 pts)
    Eli will throw a TD (7 pts)
    Probably atleast 2 turnovers (10+ pts)

stingyrivers

that's a great point Bookie... The total is probably just as good teased down... and probably easier to hit over 29 than knowing its under 41

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants have injury concerns in the secondary. Sanchez to Holmes/Burress/Keller could come up big. Played the over 28 in a tease.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

I go with OVER 28 or 29, dont know about side yet

slyone66
    slyone66's Avatar Become A Pro!

go with over and +9 sounds good