Awilliamson19
    Awilliamson19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Nfl draft rewind! 2001 draft!

Hope all of you enjoy this. Just thought itd be fun to go back 10 years and see how all these players fared and how the picks went for each team. Enjoyyy!

1. Atlanta Falcons - Michael Vick , QB , Virginia Tech -Wow , What a way to start a review of the draft huh? Well , after a great start to a career in Atlanta , we all know how things went for Vick . Its been an up and down ride for Michael Vick since 2006 when he was charged with dogfighting and sentenced to prison. Since then , He has found his way back into the NFL and was just recently franchised by the Philadelphia Eagles.

2. Arizona Cardinals - Leonard Davis , OT , Texas - Davis stayed with the Cardinals untill 2006 , then signed with the Dallas Cowboys in the offseason. Davis has been a great Tackle in the NFL starting in every game that hes played in since his rookie season . He has only missed 5 games in his 10 year career.

3. Cleveland Browns - Gerard Warren , DT , Florida
    - Warren stayed 4 years in Cleveland , then spent a couple years in both Denver and Oakland . He is now a mainstay on the New England Patriots defensive line . He has compiled 35.5 sacks in his ten year career.

4. Cincinatti Bengals - Justin Smith , DE , Missouri - Smith spent his first seven seasons with the Bengals , then signed in the 2008 offseason with the San Francisco 49ers. 2010 was Smiths best year as a pro recording 57 tackles , 8.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble .

5. San Diego Chargers - Ladanian Tomlinson , RB , TCU - Tomlinson spent the bettter part of his career in San Diego before signing with the New York Jets before this past season. Tomlinson is a first ballot pro bowl selection in the waiting.

6. New England Patriots - Richard Seymour , DE , Georgia - Seymour was a mainstay on the Patriots defensive line for years , before being traded to the Raiders a couple of years ago for a 2011 first round pick. Seymour just signed a 2 year deal with the Oakland Raiders worth 30 million dollars. Not too bad for a 31 year old Defensive end.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Andre Carter , DE , California - Carter has spent 5 years with the 49ers , but his past 5 with the Washington Redskins. Carter is still a pretty productive Defensive End , collecting 25 tackles and 2.5 sacks last season in 16 games.

8. Chicago Bears , David Terrell , WR , Michigan - He spent his first four seasons with the Bears and underachieved , so they let him go in free agency. Thats when Tom Brady put in a good word for him and got him signed by the Patriots , where he once again underachieved. After a short stint with the Patriots , his NFL career was basically over. BUST!

9. Seattle Seahawks - Koren Robinson , WR , North Carolina State - Robinson spent his 7 seasons with three different teams . He started off his first four years with Seattle , then went to Minnesota for a year . He then signed with Green Bay for two years , then had one last short stint with the Seahawks before finding his way out of the league. Legal troubles helped bring down his career.

10. Green Bay Packers - Jamal Reynolds , DE , Florida State - Reynolds only spent 3 years in the NFL before flaking out after being dubbed a BUST after his unproductive years in the league. After his 3 year stint , He never caught on anywhere else in the league.

11. Carolina Panthers - Dan Morgan , LB , Miami - Morgan had a great 7 year career that was ended abruptly by concussions. He was a leader on the Carolina defense that made the Super Bowl but lost to the Patriots. Morgan attempted a short comeback 2 years ago with the Saints but decided it wasnt worth it.

12. St. Louis Rams - Daimone Lewis , DT , Miami - Lewis spent the first 5 years with the Rams , then signed a free agent deal with Carolina . He spent this past season with the Houston Texans and was fairly productive . He registered 13 tackles and 4 sacks in 10 games.

13. Jacksonville Jaguars - Marcus Stroud , DT , Georgia - Stroud was a huge part of Jacksonvilles defense for years before being released before the 2008 season. He was signed by the Buffalo Bills prior to the 2008 season but was recently released by the team. He had 29 tackles and 4 sacks on the 2010 season in 15 games.

14. Tampa Bay Bucaneers - Kenyatta Walker , OT , Florida - Walker never really caught on in the NFL . After spending 4 years in the NFL , he had numerous tryouts for different teams but never had any success. Another BUST!

15. Washington Redskins - Rod Gardener , WR , Clemson - Gardner was very productive in his first 3 years in washington , posting one 1,000 yard season. The Redskins let him walk after his 4th year and after stints with Carolina , Green Bay , and Kansas City , his NFL career was over .

16. New York Jets - Santana Moss , WR , Miami(FL) - Moss has spent the majority of his career with the Washington Redskins after being traded back and forth a couple of times between the Redskins and Jets. He is scheduled to be a free agent after this season.

17. Seattle Seahawks - Steve Hutchinson , G , Michigan - Hutchinson has spent his career as one of the best offensive lineman in the game. He blocked for Shaun Alexander in his prime and now blocks for Adrian Peterson as he plays for the Minnesota Vikings now.

18. Detroit Lions - Jeff Backus , G , Michigan - Backus has spent his entire career as a loyal member of the Detroit Lions . He has started every game since his rookie season and hasnt missed a game in his 10 years in the league.

19. Pittsburgh Steelers - Casey Hampton , DT , Texas - Like Backus(mentioned above) , Hampton has spent his entire career with the team that drafted him , The Pittsburgh Steelers. Hampton has been a vital part of every one of the Steelers Super Bowl runs.

20. St. Louis Rams - Adam Archuleta , S , Arizona State - Archuleta spent 5 years with the Rams before 2 , 1 year stints with the Redskins and Bears . Knee injuries cut his career short after his comeback was stopped in 2008 with the Oakland Raiders.

21. Buffalo Bills - Nate Clements , CB , Ohio State - Clements spent his first few years with the Bills before signing a big contract with the 49ers . Clements will be a free agent this offseason and isnt expected to have many suitors. He is in the tail end of his career as his best years are behind him.

22. New York Giants - Will Allen , CB , Syracuse - Allen has split his career between the New York Giants and the Miami Dolphins with his most productive year coming in his rookie season where he recorded 41 tackles and 4 assists.

23. New Orleans Saints - Duece Mccalister , RB , Ole Miss - Mccalister was one of the Saints most storied players ever , ranking right up there with Archie Manning and Rickey Jackson. Mccalister was a huge role model in the New Orleans Community and was a great running back also. Mccalister was an honorary captain in the Saints NFC divisional matchup in 2009 on their way to their first ever Super Bowl Championship!

24. Denver Broncos - Willie Middlebrooks , CB , Minnesota - Middlebrooks spent 4 seasons with Denver and 1 with the 49ers before his career as an NFL player was over . His most productive season was in 2003 where he played all 16 games and recorded 22 tackles.

25. Philadelphia Eagles - Freddie Mitchell , WR , UCLA - Mitchell spent all four of his seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles . He was a pretty big part of their Super Bowl run in 2003 but never was much of a factor after that season. He have numerous tryouts after his 4 year run with the Eagles but never really caught on.

26. Miami Dolphins - Jamar Fletcher , CB , Wisconsin - Fletcher has spent his 9 seasons with 5 different teams . His most productive year was as a Detroit Lion where he had 37 tackles , 3 interceptions and 1 touchdown over 13 total games. His last season was 2008 as a Cincinatti Bengal.

27. Minnesota Vikings - Michael Bennett , RB , Wisconsin - Bennet has played on 5 teams in his 10 year career , with his most productive being his first 4 years with Minnesota. Last season he had a stint with the Oakland Raiders where he only had 2 attempts for 11 yards.

28. Oakland Raiders - Derrick Gibson , S , Florida State - Gibson spent 5 years with the Raiders before giving up on his NFL career . His most productive career came in 2003 where he had 67 tackles and 1 interception. He was a part of the Raiders 2002 Super Bowl losing team.

29. St Louis Rams - Ryan Pickett , DT , Ohio State - Pickett has spent his career split between two teams , spending his first five years with the Rams and his last five with the Green Bay Packers . Pickett was a part of the 2010 Super bowl champion Packers team.

30. Indianapolis Colts - Reggie Wayne , WR , Miami(FL) - Wayne has been one the best wide recievers in the league over the last 10 years. If you've watched the NFL at all , youve heard Reggie Waynes name called right behind Peyton Mannings name. Wayne will possibly be a hall of famer.

31. Baltimore Ravens - Todd Heap , TE , Arizona State - Heap was one of the best Tight Ends in the leauge for his first 6 or 7 years in the leauge , but injuires have hurt his productivity over the past few years . Although injuuries have hurt his productivity , he is still considered as one of the best TE in the league.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Pretty good !! Keep it coming!!

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Nice copy and paste job sir.

Awilliamson19

I copy and pasted from my personal website. All the info on there was written by myself. PM for my website domain if youd like. Its actually been up on my personal website since around March 25th. I did the research myself over about 3 days in March.

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

nice article

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

on copy and pasting. interesting info though

Awilliamson19

haha.. I never copy and pasted. All the info is from me doing research. I copy and pasted from my personal website to this forum for you guys to read. If I wanted to copy and paste I woulda found somehting professional without spelling and grammatical errors..

Awilliamson19

Thanks alka and Zbo! For those of you who think I copy and pasted , go do the research yourself and I GUARANTEE that the only place you will find this exact info is on my personal sports website. So , go look then come talk to me.. haha quit being haters! geez.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

nice...gotta anymore?

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

solid draft year, not many busts.

Awilliamson19

Im working on the 2006 draft right now. I will probably only do a 2001 and 2006 draft . Maybe Ill do a 1996? Im not sure. Ill post it here as soon as I post it on my website. Thanks for checking in.

Awilliamson19

I thought the same thing Boscoe. Not many busts. Robinson at number 9 wasnt exactly a steal though. Alot of picks 15-25 turned out to be very solid players.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

u can get a superbowl team just from that 1st round

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    u can get a superbowl team just from that 1st round
    Well, if a team had 31 first rounders on their roster, they should be winning a SB as well as way over their cap.

Nice writeup, Awilliamson19. I can't wait for your 2006 writeup.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Nice copy and paste job sir.
    I take this back, but not soon enough.

Awilliamson19

Working on 2006 now. Forgot how stacked that draft was going into it , and how many letdowns there have been since this draft. Haha. Probably have it up tomorrow .

Awilliamson19

After reading back over this 2001 draft , I found a interesting stat. Out of the 31 players drafted in the first round in 2001 , ONLY 4 still remain with the same team. Those four being .. Todd Heap , Casey Hampton , Jeff Backus , and Reggie Wayne. Pretty crazy.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Damn, that was a pretty freaking good draft. Of course my Pack took the biggest bust out of there in Jamal Reynolds. Drag. Sad part was they traded with Seattle to take him - and Seattle ended up with Hutchinson.
    Thanks for posting.

Awilliamson19

No problem. Enjoyed doing it. Its fun as hell looking back and actually remembering some of the scouting reports on these guys and seeing how they actually fared. Haha. Tonight is another chapter.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

Very nice. Really enjoyed it. Was there a 32nd pick in the 1st round that year?

Awilliamson19

No. Texans werent a part of the league yet.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

david terrell lol

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

hmm only 1 qb taken thats so rare these days

Awilliamson19

Very true James.

2nd Round:
    Drew Brees
    Quincy Carter
    Marques Tuiasosopo

4th Round:
    Chris Weinke
    Sage Rosenfels
    Jesse Palmer

5th Round:
    Mike Mcmahon
    Aj Feely

6th round:
    Josh Booty
    Josh Huepel

Awilliamson19

Drew Brees and Michael Vick were the top 2 selected and the only 2 that start in the NFL now. Other than those two and maybe Sage Rosenfales , Im not sure if any of these other guys are still in the leauge? Maybe AJ Feely?

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bolts drafted 2 first ballot hall of famers in 2001. Doesn't happen too often

Awilliamson19

hell of a draft for the Chargers for sure man. Who do you think we'll be looking back on in 10 years and saying "thats a steal , he's a bust!" etc etc. Crazy draft this year for sure.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

"traded a couple of times between the Redskins and the Jets"

pretty sure youre talking about Laverneaus Coles there, no? Moss has only been traded once

Awilliamson19

Yep , thanks for pointing it out. you guys believe that I didnt copy and paste yet? lol. Sorry about that. Yeah. Moss was traded once in 05? or 04 maybe? Coles went back and forth one or twice .. Thanks for keeping me up on game! and thanks for reading!