slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Packers DE Johnny Jolly arrested again for "Purple Drank"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-drug-charges/

His NFL career is over. He was busted last summer on felony drug possession, they got him again today.

He started all 16 games in 2009, but July of 2010 he was put on "indefinite suspension" by the NFL with reinstatement if he could stay clean for one year. Guess he didn't make it. Such a waste of a great opportunity.

jazznfl101
    jazznfl101's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a shame

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess the pack has proven they dont need him

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
    They could have

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what you mean by this. I guess the Packers didn't need the dozen or so players that landed on IR either. The Packers didn't need James Starks until the playoffs, but maybe they'd have been fine without him. How about Eric Walden? He started 3 playoff games but was inactive for the Super Bowl, they didn't really need him either, I suppose. I always find this funny how people can maybe name Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and maybe a few other names, but the rest of the guys "aren't needed". I suppose the Packers might as well only dress a couple dozen players next year because why fill out the entire 53 man roster if they "don't need him".

I guess what I'm trying to say is that depth wins in the NFL. As players get peeled off a team one by one, does any single one really mean a whole lot? I suppose not, except maybe QB. But I'm sure the Packers didn't want to lose a talented young player with 40 starts under his belt, in Jolly, who would have been entering his prime years of his career. As far as pure talent goes, Johnny Jolly had more talent than half the guys starting for the Packers in the Super Bowl.

More interestingly is how this affects Cullen Jenkins, who is currently a free agent. Jenkins moved over to Jolly's spot after Jolly's drug suspension. But Jenkins is getting old and has battled injuries in the last few seasons, similar to Barnett. I figured that if Jolly could step back into his old spot that Jenkins wouldn't be needed. Now Jenkins has a lot more bargaining power in negotiating a contract to stay with the Packers.

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

he was arguably their best dlineman 2 years ago. its a shame he got caught up in a thing as stupid as purple drank