jjayoliver82
    jjayoliver82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Choosing a Sports Handicapper

Greetings,

I’m new to handicapping and was interested in hiring the services of a capper on a year long subscription as an investment. I have been following the 2016 leaderboards and was excited by the units won and ROI from the leading cappers. I was all ready to subscribe to the current leader (Teddy Davis), then I discovered that last years overall winner (Rocky Sheridan) wasn’t on the leaderboard and I can only assume is in the negative for units. I guess what I am asking is:

- How likely is it that a handicapper on the current leaderboard could have finish in the red (or finish say with no more than 200-300 units)?
    - What is an average/good amount of units for a year?
    - Is there somewhere I can find overall and individual leaderboards for the last 5 years. I was thinking this would allow me to select a handicapper that has consistently finished well and in profits (I have looked, but can’t seem to find it anywhere, only for 2016. Does anyone have them on record perhaps?)
    - Is it even possible to choose a handicapper that consistently posts a profit?

Any help greatly appreciated

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Welcome JJ,
    I think all of your questions depend on how many units they are betting. If someone has a 100 unit play then no tellin how much they could lose. A unit should really be one play's worth. A lot of cappers go with novelty amounts of units for play of the day/mo/yr etc.

I dont think there is a documented handicapper up over 5 years. Someone can correct me. Not that there aren't winners but most of them are spending their time betting.

Mike Brenner
    is here at SBR and does a show daily on SBRvideo.com. He's tearing it up right now. He and Peter Loshak interview the cappers on your leaderboard list and get their picks and insight.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Welcome JJ,

I dont think there is a documented handicapper up over 5 years. Someone can correct me. Not that there aren't winners but most of them are spending their time betting.

Right Angle Sports but you are correct that they are few and far between as far as long term winners.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1710

Just pick your own games Those are all scams You can do just as good yourself

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Look for a service that has full transparency. Long term winning services are hard to find but there are a few services that do win long term.

I use sportsbettorswin service and they have been profitable.
    Last edited by clockwise1965; 05-21-16 at 11:48 AM.

danndmann
    danndmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5573

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Just pick your own games Those are all scams You can do just as good yourself
    very true