LBJ
    LBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Moneyline help ... Can an experienced player help to clear up this question please ?

Forgive me for asking a question that might have been asked many times before but I was unable to see an explanation as I scrolled through the forum. I am trying to understand my moneyline and make sure it is being calculated properly. I have been setup on a -107 pricing, which applies to all game spreads, totals, moneylines, etc. which is across the board for all sports. When I look at the lines I have available, for instance, I see the totals for all NFL games which are setup as -107 over and under. Then I look at the moneyline for a particular game and I see the spread as +/-3 with respective moneylines attached at +103 and -117 . On the same game the straight moneyline is +148 and -162.

The question I have is ... Do those lines match up with a -107 style pricing ? Am I wrong to think that the moneyline should be a difference of 7 ?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

yes because juice on a book is usually 10% . This means on 110 u put 100 in the middle. so u put up 110 to win 100 or if you take the dog you would receive 100. Now the book isn't given you the regular 10% ;they are dropping it to 7. They also aren't giving you a true money line because they are doing the + or- 3 tacked on to who you bet. When n.e. bet st.l in sbowl the money line was they were getting 7/2 on money line or 350. Under your premises you would be getting n.e. in that game +3 at +103