alibobwah
    alibobwah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

What is the best way to pay taxes from online gambling

I'm new to online wagering, where can I find information on how to pay taxes and not get audited in the states?

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

There is a line on your tax return for gambling winnings. If you use e-filing, you should be able to find the input with a search function.

If you are gambling offshore, no reason to pay your taxes because gambling offshore is illegal, Paying taxes on offshore gambling is like reporting income for your meth lab.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BreadWinner

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

There are people who are involved in illegal activities but still pay taxes on that money they receive.....it's one way to keep your "jail" liability to a minimum. Remember, not paying taxes is what got Al Capone. The IRS is not allowed to release your info without an other agency aquiring a court order. With that being said, screw the taxes. You're more likely to get audited IF YOU INCLUDE your gambling in your taxes!!!

alibobwah
    alibobwah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I moving to Australia then.

dreamlanding
    dreamlanding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2382

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    There is a line on your tax return for gambling winnings. If you use e-filing, you should be able to find the input with a search function.

If you are gambling offshore, no reason to pay your taxes because gambling offshore is illegal, Paying taxes on offshore gambling is like reporting income for your meth lab.
    It's my understanding from everything I've read that no one has ever been prosecuted for wagering at any of these offshore sites, but many people have obviously been prosecuted for tax fraud.

I don't really think you're going to get in any trouble for wagering online, but you could get in a whole host of trouble for not reporting income.

d_mad
    d_mad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Risky to claim anything. Don't pay.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

chances of getting audited are 10,000-1. chances of winning enough money to get audited 100,000-1

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlanding View Post

It's my understanding from everything I've read that no one has ever been prosecuted for wagering at any of these offshore sites, but many people have obviously been prosecuted for tax fraud.

I don't really think you're going to get in any trouble for wagering online, but you could get in a whole host of trouble for not reporting income.
    Good advice. Of the millions of examples there was one case maybe 10 yrs ago of a guy in Utah I think it was who got in trouble. I think he paid an $80 fine or something and moved to another state to bet.

*No one here is qualified to give you legal advice on a forum.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

I wouldn't even think about that unless I cleared over $10K in a year. Even then I'd probably not say anything on my tax forms and cite ignorance if for whatever reason someone came after me

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Don't report its illegal in the 1st place

Mike1029
    Mike1029's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

I would cross that bridge when you get to it. Most sports gamblers loss.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Straight cash homie
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Straight cash homie
    And Bitcoin

Muller Rose
    Muller Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by d_mad View Post
    Risky to claim anything. Don't pay.
    yeah! might as well!

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

What do you mean with "offshore"? Do you intend websites that don't have the location in your own country?