Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Live betting as a hedge advice

I was thinking of using live betting as a hedge against a bad bet already placed. Like last night's Heat -5 debacle. There was plenty of opportunities to get on the Spurs live at +2 or +5.5 but I never pulled the trigger to save myself.

Any good rules of thumb to follow? No lead in the NBA is safe in the first half, so I was going to wait until it got closer to the end of the game.

mewalke11
    mewalke11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Sometimes I will use live betting in that way. I put some money down on the Heat money line before game 4.....and after watching a bit of the 3rd quarter just knew they weren't going to win so I put down some money on the Spurs money line with live betting.

One of the problems is (and I learned this the hard way) is that in a close game the spread is almost useless in a live betting situation. If the game is close and you think "hey the heat are totally gonna beat the +5.5".....but then the NBA late game fouls start and the spurs rack up 8 points in the final minute as the heat launch 3s to catch up. Ive seen that blow a spread in a very tight game many times.

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Much thanks for the advice