Did anybody hear the interview Bill Self from Kansas had with Jim Rome today? It was interesting as last week I heard John Calipari and really got me even more interested in Memphis

I thought it was interesting how today Jim Rome asked him what he thought of Memphis, he said I think at beginning of year, I would say nobody could run the table up to the tournament but the way Memphis is playing right now I think they can.

Jim Rome then talked about how can Self keep his players motivated when they are 19-0 and Self mentioned right now its easier to tell them critical things because they arent losing as well. Later he mentioned if he felt his team could go undefeated as well, and it was curious because he said something to the effect that "yeah I mean obviously its a possibility" but then not recalling what he said but to me it sounded like "yeah we can, but reality is were going to lose a game or 2 and" and was wondering what everybody thinks of this?

I mean I guess on one hand you can say yeah that is good that he is realistic and not sure of himself but on other hand, the guy is coach of #2 in the country, I would hope he would have more confidence then that.

I guess another angle is he is just build up Memphis to get their ego's going but that doesnt seem right considering they have enough on their table now being #1 and knowing everybody is going to be coming after them to knock them off.

Maybe I am analyzing too much but it was just curious to me how Bill Self made it seem he didnt have confidence in fact they could go undefeated and how he thought Memphis could.

He did include in this answer that its better to have starters clicking together, less injuries, luck, etc all meshing together start of tournament because you can be best team in country and still get knocked off so maybe that is reason its like he wants to have his team lose a game so then he can focus and tell his team alright so you got your loss out of your system now lets finish this till the championship game.

Anybody thoughts on this or if they heard it as well think of something else?