maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado vs Kansas St

This line suprised the heck out of me and makes me want to take Kansas State. Colorado looked good on national TV against Oklahoma last game. Now their only a "pick" against a Kansas St team that has lost 5 of their last 6 including losses to Baylor & Texas Tech and has a 4-7 conference record. I see that Colorado has played poorly on the road but it seems like the public would be all over Colorado in this game. Can someone talk me out of taking Kansas State in this one??????

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope. I love K St. here.
    Colorado is 2-3 on Big 12 road, with the wins at two of the worst teams, Missouri (by 3) and Oklahoma St. (by 2 in OT)

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe Colorado has lost 25 of it's last 29 road games...I'm on K. State here as well...

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not convinced either way on this contest. If I'm going to take a pickem roadie for today then my money goes on Tennessee. They outmatch Alabama at EVERY position in terms of athleticism and talent.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like Kansas State alot!! They are my best bet!!!

Tennessee is solid also..

maritime

Alright then. Kansas State it is. Thanks for the input.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope I am wrong but I just don't see K St. as a slam dunk. Colorado is coming into this game playing the better BB. Maybe I'm missing something.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

i am on KSU.....the line isn't wrong here fellows.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    I'm not convinced either way on this contest. If I'm going to take a pickem roadie for today then my money goes on Tennessee. They outmatch Alabama at EVERY position in terms of athleticism and talent.
    Tennesse is nowhere near as good as Alabama at PG or C.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Kansas St -1 (-103)
    Alabama +1 (-110)
    Arkansas PK (-105)
    N. Iowa -5.5 (-110)

Good luck guys!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck boys

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Tennesse is nowhere near as good as Alabama at PG or C.
    I love EVERYTHING you say, Razz. In fact, there's nobody's opinion I value more...

But I might have to pull your Bama card here. For Bama supporters, this game is ominously similar to the Tenn/Kent matchup 10 days ago. In that game as with today's, the line was skewed based on historical data. Tennessee went into Rupp and handled a team with a better big man than Bama possesses. The only team that even has a true center receiving minutes in today's matchup is Tennessee. Davidson is out of position at center. When I compare Watson and Steele, the best that can be said is that they are a wash. Watson scores more, assists more, has a better assist to turnover ratio and shoots 3s at a better percentage. I'm stretching to give Bama the equivalent on that, mostly based on Steele's leadership. Unfortunately for The Tide, Watson is not their best guard. That title goes to Lofton who is a genuine star in the making, shooting 3s at a lofty 47% clip and free throws at 93%. The Vols will have much more experience on the court at any point in time, and they get much better production from their bench. Alonzo Gee is the pivotal player for Alabama if they hope to make this game close. He needs to double his typical output on the offensive end for Bama to have a chance of being successful. For a pickem game essentially, I see many more ways for Tennessee to come out victorious. In fact, I think they would win 6 times out of 10.

Razz

I don't really like much of anything about Alabama, but I think Ronald Steele is as good a point guard as there is in the country. I do agree that Davidson plays out of position (I strongly disagree that Morris is a better center than Davidson, as Davidson badly outplayed him in Rupp in Alabama's earlier victory), but it shouldn't matter against a small Tennessee team.
    I do love Lofton, but he thrives on open 3s, and Alabama should contest these, as they have all year. I think this is where Felix comes in, as Gottfried used him in a similar role against LSU's Mitchell.
    There is a problem with taking Alabama, and that is their lack of depth, but if they slow this game down, I don't think it will matter enough for Tennessee to win.

Good luck though. I love the thought-out response you gave.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice going guys on Kansas St. I may not have liked the game but was not stupid enough to go against you guys either.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

congrats to i guess everyone since it seemed a lot of all of us were on KSU...special thanks to Razz and Pags and IMGV for the heads up.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thank you buddybear!!'

And thank you RAZZ!!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

no sweat buddy...it was a wild ride, but I'm glad we cashed...

maritime

sweet win

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice going K State backers.