RetiredinPunta
    RetiredinPunta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

NCAAB: Texas/West Virginia...Texas leading scorer is out...

WVU is -10.5 in most books. I don't remember the last time wvu beat texas by double digits. In fact i remember them losing straight up more than winning against Texas.

Is wvu that good this year and texas that bad? That leading scorer, Tevin Mack, who averages about 15 points a game is that important?

readytowinem
    readytowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

WVU is a great team. There defense is relentless. Their only weakness is free throw shooting.

Texas has been in a rut and has been very disappointing. Mack is an intrical part to their offense.

This game I figured ends one of 2 ways. Either Texas gets a cover at the end of the game or they lose by 20+

RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredinPunta View Post
    WVU is -10.5 in most books. I don't remember the last time wvu beat texas by double digits. In fact i remember them losing straight up more than winning against Texas.

Is wvu that good this year and texas that bad? That leading scorer, Tevin Mack, who averages about 15 points a game is that important?
    Scary laying double digits after rolling number 1 I'm gonna layoff

readytowinem
    readytowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Quote Originally Posted by RRNJ13 View Post
    Scary laying double digits after rolling number 1 I'm gonna layoff
    I always find these games to be interesting. Lost their leading scorer. Been playing like shit. Going up against a juggernaut. Yet some how will end up pulling something out of thin air to make it happen.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

With Mack out for an already dysfunctional Texas team it's so tempting to pound WVU -10.... BUT thinking about why Texas swept WVU last season, likely because their coach runs the Havok press type of d (much like west va) so the Texas players are used to facing it everyday in practice and it doesn't work as well for west va as it does against other teams.... Might just stay away.

BEVO1
    BEVO1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1152

Texas has no point guard to handle the Press

RetiredinPunta
    RetiredinPunta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    With Mack out for an already dysfunctional Texas team it's so tempting to pound WVU -10.... BUT thinking about why Texas swept WVU last season, likely because their coach runs the Havok press type of d (much like west va) so the Texas players are used to facing it everyday in practice and it doesn't work as well for west va as it does against other teams.... Might just stay away.
    that is why the underand the points