KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

How Overrated Is Baylor?

I still don't think they are all that good. They're probably about as good as last year. I still think they finish 3rd in their conference behind KU and WVU. They have benefited from playing a lot of home games and not many true road games.

I just noticed they are #1, and thought it was kinda funny. They deserve the ranking as they have beaten some good teams and haven't lost, but they are far from the best team in the country.

michlafon15
    michlafon15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Not very

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by michlafon15 View Post
    Not very
    I'm just saying they aren't close to the best team. They probably finish the season with a ranking in the 10-20 range and get a 3 or 4 seed in the tourney. Head to head they probably lose to most of the top 25 teams on a neutral court.

michlafon15

But they have beat every team they have played and they beat some good teams in the process

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

But they have beat every team they have played and they beat some good teams in the process
    They were down double digits to MSU, down 20+ to louisville in the 2H. They made some amazing comebacks but sooner or later their luck will run out.

michlafon15

Oh I didn't kno how much your down matters.... I thought it went off final score ......They are no good then

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Really talented, coach drew sucks at in game coaching though.

But to be fair...pretty much no good teams have played many true road games yet.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Oh I didn't kno how much your down matters.... I thought it went off final score ......They are no good then
    Hey I agree they deserve to be #1. If tournament started today they'd be my number one seed overall. BUT there are a dozen teams I'd take over them in neutral sites.

Resume is different than overall ability & potential

michlafon15

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Hey I agree they deserve to be #1. If tournament started today they'd be my number one seed overall. BUT there are a dozen teams I'd take over them in neutral sites.

Well said

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

This 100%!

They totally deserve to be #1 based on what they've done up to this point. But that doesn't mean they are the best team. On a neutral, there are probably 15-20 teams better than Baylor right now.