unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Heels (-2) Will Be Too Much Inside For Nova

As always have to go with the team that will own the boards and dominate the paint. Heels ability to send waves of big men to the boards just gives them so much of an advantage. They get easy layups while the other team has to knock down contested jumpers for 40 minutes. This should be a good game as Nova has been playing well and have capable scorers. The problem is going to be the tough man to man that their guards have been playing will be forced to pack in as Heels will pound it inside time and time again and then after that again and again.

UNC -2

Tarheels imo will cut the nets down and finish off the epic run in March.

As always good luck, Philly the bus stops here pal.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    As always have to go with the team that will own the boards and dominate the paint. Heels ability to send waves of big men to the boards just gives them so much of an advantage. They get easy layups while the other team has to knock down contested jumpers for 40 minutes. This should be a good game as Nova has been playing well and have capable scorers. The problem is going to be the tough man to man that their guards have been playing will be forced to pack in as Heels will pound it inside time and time again and then after that again and again.

UNC -2

Tarheels imo will cut the nets down and finish off the epic run in March.

As always good luck, Philly the bus stops here pal.

1st it was the best guard play wins it all (obviously nova)....now its bigs in the middle win it all (obviously NC) Christ man, do you just cater you homer pics based upon what excuse is convenient for you against whatever team you're up against

I honestly can't even argue that Carolina is the better team anymore. Nova playing with A LOT of confidence and ITS ONE GAME. Good luck though pal but please, pick a argument and stick with it

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    1st it was the best guard play wins it all (obviously nova)....now its bigs in the middle win it all (obviously NC) Christ man, do you just cater you homer pics based upon what excuse is convenient for you against whatever team you're up against

I honestly can't even argue that Carolina is the better team anymore. Nova playing with A LOT of confidence and ITS ONE GAME. Good luck though pal but please, pick a argument and stick with it
    guard play is key to tournament play usually but as we have seen that isn't how Carolina wins. I haven't said UNC is winning games because of guard play, not once. I said they have played more consistent but when you can score 50% of your points from a few feet away from the basket, out rebound, and defend the middle makes it hard on the other team. Guess I don't remember arguing with you on who has better guards.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

guard play is key to tournament play usually but as we have seen that isn't how Carolina wins. I haven't said UNC is winning games because of guard play, not once. I said they have played more consistent but when you can score 50% of your points from a few feet away from the basket, out rebound, and defend the middle makes it hard on the other team. Guess I don't remember arguing with you on who has better guards.
    well when your team is shooting almost 70% from the field that pretty much offsets the 50% from the paint

in your mind I'm assuming carolina beats Oklahoma by 60 last night huh

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

UNC turns Orange back into pumpkins. Heels just too big for that 2-3 zone. Give 'em slight edge over Nova, but will be very interesting.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Height usually wins

unde0087
    Did we win?

well when your team is shooting almost 70% from the field that pretty much offsets the 50% from the paint

in your mind I'm assuming carolina beats Oklahoma by 60 last night huh
    No, I have zero opinion on what UNC outcome would be against OU because they never played. But lets not kid ourselves and say that Nova is going to shoot 70% from the field for 2 full games. Not trying to take away anything from Nova, they have played a great tournament until this point and have proved many of us wrong. Can they win the championship, sure they can, obviously they have shot a very high percentage all tournament long. I just like the chances of Heels covering this number.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    UNC turns Orange back into pumpkins. Heels just too big for that 2-3 zone. Give 'em slight edge over Nova, but will be very interesting.
    I agree, should be a very entertaining game

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

No, I have zero opinion on what UNC outcome would be against OU because they never played. But lets not kid ourselves and say that Nova is going to shoot 70% from the field for 2 full games. Not trying to take away anything from Nova, they have played a great tournament until this point and have proved many of us wrong. Can they win the championship, sure they can, obviously they have shot a very high percentage all tournament long. I just like the chances of Heels covering this number.
    WHY???? ITS ONE GAME......

Flipper, err I mean undy, listen, you seem like a nice guy, I respect that fact that you're rooting for your home school....I didn't go to Villanova, Im a philly guy so of course I'm going to root for a home town team....Ive met jay Wright on several occasions as he does lots of work with Coaches V Cancer.....its been a nice run and the exposure for a school like Nova is amazing.......good luck brother

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Under I'm gonna trail here for a few units. I also have UNC to win it all in both of my brackets, so I'm kind of excited.

Best of luck to us!

unde0087
    Did we win?

WHY???? ITS ONE GAME......

Flipper, err I mean undy, listen, you seem like a nice guy, I respect that fact that you're rooting for your home school....I didn't go to Villanova, Im a philly guy so of course I'm going to root for a home town team....Ive met jay Wright on several occasions as he does lots of work with Coaches V Cancer.....its been a nice run and the exposure for a school like Nova is amazing.......good luck brother
    Philly, good luck to you as well. To answer your question to why? They just are better than everyone else when they are rolling on all cylinders just like in 2009, when I bet them every game as well. I know you don't agree and I don't expect you to understand it. It's not like I bet unc very game because I want to see how much I can lose on my favorite team. Hell going into March I wasn't even planning on betting them as they under achieved all year. But then the Heels became the team everyone thought they would be when they started the season #1. This game is going to be jump shots vs layups again like every other game. I like their chances.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Under I'm gonna trail here for a few units. I also have UNC to win it all in both of my brackets, so I'm kind of excited.

Best of luck to us!
    Let's finish this

unde0087
    Did we win?

By the way philly, I also like Jay Wright, always have. I am glad to see he finally got a team to the championship game. He is a good coach and seems to be even a better person.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

2 best teams made it to the final

should be a good one

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    2 best teams made it to the final

should be a good one
    Yes Rudy, both playing at a very high level

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Villanova is 1-5 against UNC all-time in the tournament.

The one win? That magical 1985 run.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Villanova is 1-5 against UNC all-time in the tournament.

The one win? That magical 1985 run.
    Yep, they were giving Kenny Smith shit last night on the post game he had just 4 points in that game. Charles was teasing the fuk out of him. I thought it was pretty funny

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yep, they were giving Kenny Smith shit last night on the post game he had just 4 points in that game. Charles was teasing the fuk out of him. I thought it was pretty funny
    I saw Kenny Smith at a Popeyes once. I didn't go in, but I spotted him through the window.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    I saw Kenny Smith at a Popeyes once. I didn't go in, but I spotted him through the window.
    How is popeyes? Looks good but never had it

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

How is popeyes? Looks good but never had it
    Any restaurant that puts big blown up pictures of the food on the building should be avoided like the plague

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    Any restaurant that puts big blown up pictures of the food on the building should be avoided like the plague
    I suppose so

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

I trust you bro! Lets win

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

In case you didn't notice but Villanova won yesterday's game with DEFENSE! They forced turnovers and bad shots, took the ball to the hole many times. This will be a game where the winner will be the one who makes the least mistakes. Amazed that both games went over yesterday but this one will be a lock down battle with lots of fouls. I agree that most of the scoring will be NC inside and Nova outside, but this might go down to the wire. Villanova defense wears teams down, NC defense will limit the three point shot. Two good coaches with teams at the top of their game, you couldn't get a better matchup.
    I'll take Nova +2
    Doubt that NC blows them out.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave klemopixx 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

I'm all over Villanova (+3.5)...Heritage has the line at 3....bought an extra half point for insurance...Villanova is the most balanced team UNC has faced this year...not only that, but all of the Wildcat starters average double figures in scoring....Nova passes the ball around better than any team in the country, they scrap and play defense, know how to box out and get rebounds, etc....and Jay Wright has them hustling on every play...If the Cats knock down their shots....game, set, match...
    Points Awarded:

Qasdf gave Da Manster! 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Qasdf
    Qasdf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15256

No reason to fret on this bet, cuz I'm layin' it down on Nova;
    their strategy is opulent, they're ncaa's conglomerate like queen B's Hova.

Passin' swift an Neva hoggin it; Firin' bomb's, but Neva launchin bricks;
    Winnin' a gr8 championship, blowin by TarHeels who I'm seeing cramp-and-Slip.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    In case you didn't notice but Villanova won yesterday's game with DEFENSE! They forced turnovers and bad shots, took the ball to the hole many times. This will be a game where the winner will be the one who makes the least mistakes. Amazed that both games went over yesterday but this one will be a lock down battle with lots of fouls. I agree that most of the scoring will be NC inside and Nova outside, but this might go down to the wire. Villanova defense wears teams down, NC defense will limit the three point shot. Two good coaches with teams at the top of their game, you couldn't get a better matchup.
    I'll take Nova +2
    Doubt that NC blows them out.
    The thing about that is you don't wear unc down, they wear other teams down because they play 10 players. I am well aware that Nova plays good defense but this isn't a team that Nova can pick a guy and say we have to stop him because they have 8 players that score. It will be a good game and it should be be pretty close. The only thing is this is by far the biggest team Nova has faced and that is going to show up. You can sit there and talk about Nova's team defense all you want but the under rated defense is the Tarheel defense. Length and strength around the rim is where this game will be won and if it is a foul fest that also favors Carolina as they have 4 good post players and 6 guards deep that are more than capable of playing at a high level. Good luck on your play sir, I just disagree on the winner

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I'm all over Villanova (+3.5)...Heritage has the line at 3....bought an extra half point for insurance...Villanova is the most balanced team UNC has faced this year...not only that, but all of the Wildcat starters average double figures in scoring....Nova passes the ball around better than any team in the country, they scrap and play defense, know how to box out and get rebounds, etc....and Jay Wright has them hustling on every play...If the Cats knock down their shots....game, set, match...
    If you are buying points then you are on the wrong side

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder if the score will be high?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

If you are buying points then you are on the wrong side
    stay in your lane Unde0087!...you're talking to one of the best cappers on this site!...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

drbellhead
    drbellhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3274

Hey Unde...these are the same clowns that were trying to talk us off the heels cause Cuse was the bet....shit I'm with u and will be riding the heels right the bank.............UNC

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by drbellhead View Post
    Hey Unde...these are the same clowns that were trying to talk us off the heels cause Cuse was the bet....shit I'm with u and will be riding the heels right the bank.............UNC
    That's fine man, everyone has there reasons.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    stay in your lane Unde0087!...you're talking to one of the best cappers on this site!...
    Okay manster, I will keep that in mind. Just think you bought a half point for no reason that's all. I guess you can come tell me I was wrong tomorrow night but Nova either wins this outright or doesn't cover. If I was betting Nova it would be moneyline. This isn't going to be a one possession game at the end.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Jt, I enjoy these encounters, how is fading the Tarheels going for you bud? You must be killing it

1234 ... Last