mncosoldier
    mncosoldier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, hedge big bets UNLESS the money means nothing to you and money should ALWAYS mean something to you.

Will UNC win? Maybe... maybe not. We have all seen games where the best team did not win. This is sports. Anything can happen. Why take the chance when you have a sure thing? Buster Douglas wasn't supposed to beat Mike Tyson as a 48-1 dog, USA hockey wasn't supposed to beat USSR. No way in hell would Phi Slamma Jamma lose to NC State. Si-Hun Park wasn't supposed to beat Roy Jones Jr in the 1988 Olympics, where Jones out punched him 4 to 1, totally dominated the match beat the Korean so bad he had to take 2 standing 8 counts. It was later found that the Koreans bribed all 3 officials and it was even proven that they paid them but the decision still stood. Bets had to be paid.

You want more reason to hedge? This same Villanova university beat Georgetown for the title in 1985 when Georgetown was a prohibitive favorite. Nova was like +18. It is considered the biggest upset in title history. And you want to take a chance on that?

If someone gave you a few thousand dollars would you turn it down? Then why the hell would you turn down a few thousand dollars here? Unless the money doesn't mean much to you because you're already independently wealthy. But, you better believe even Warren Buffett would hedge here.

Let me leave you with this image. This guy did not hedge...

Awesome advice what's the best book to setup a new account and maybe get a bonus with no rollover!!!!! I'm thinking of trying Bitcoin.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Take Villanova and the points for any amount that you are comfortable with. You can then hope it is a close Carolina win and not dent the 15k too much. No need in betting a couple of grand when your team is already the favorite on a Nova ML
    Why not just take Nova ML you greedy bastard? lol What are the chances the game is UNC winning by less than 2.5 points? Possible but very slim.

If you go for the ML, you can win 1.25 more if Nova wins. So the ML will win you a bit more which means more to hedge. Actually $1,450 more in this case. 2.5 points isn't worth $1,450 to me to take the chance of a middle.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mncosoldier View Post
    Awesome advice what's the best book to setup a new account and maybe get a bonus with no rollover!!!!! I'm thinking of trying Bitcoin.
    I'm a big fan of http://www.heritagesports.eu/ but I think you are very limited with initial deposits. I think $1,500 is the max on a ** transfer. Only cashier checks and bank wires can be for a lot more but they can take days to clear. Maybe spread it out a bit among other books or try and find a local. I'd probably fly to Vegas this afternoon and get back in time for work. You can always pick up the cash at a later date. I think some Vegas books you can mail the winning ticket in too. haha

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Why not just take Nova ML you greedy bastard? lol What are the chances the game is UNC winning by less than 2.5 points? Possible but very slim.

If you go for the ML, you can win 1.25 more if Nova wins. So the ML will win you a bit more which means more to hedge. Actually $1,450 more in this case. 2.5 points isn't worth $1,450 to me to take the chance of a middle.
    Because in no way form or fashion do you want Villanova to win the game. Because in reality if Nova wins you lose.............unless you hedge enough to win equal amounts on both sides. Who wants that?

mncosoldier

I'm a big fan of http://www.heritagesports.eu/ but I think you are very limited with initial deposits. I think $1,500 is the max on a ** transfer. Only cashier checks and bank wires can be for a lot more but they can take days to clear. Maybe spread it out a bit among other books or try and find a local. I'd probably fly to Vegas this afternoon and get back in time for work. You can always pick up the cash at a later date. I think some Vegas books you can mail the winning ticket in too. haha
    I wish it was that easy as to leave today but its not.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Because in no way form or fashion do you want Villanova to win the game. Because in reality if Nova wins you lose.............unless you hedge enough to win equal amounts on both sides. Who wants that?
    Why not? He's guaranteed to make ~$8,500 either way. Versus riding UNC because he's greedy. Screw that, hedge as much as possible so you don't care who wins. The point I'm trying to make is that even if UNC was a sure thing (which nothing is), we've all seen where sure things lose. Take your guaranteed money and chill. Why take chances on a very small middle? Now if it was a +5 or more middle, it might be worth a shot.

Mac4Lyfe

I wish it was that easy as to leave today but its not.
    Which is why I have several runners in Vegas just in case.

I believe you can place a bet on a phone app from a NV IP address. I have no idea if you can spoof the IP and make a bet though?

seanrachel13
    seanrachel13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4920

If UNC wins it's all cash no rollover? If no rollover i would hedge for at least 2grand if there is any rollover might hedge half that! Good luck!

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by mac4lyfe View Post
    which is why i have several runners in vegas just in case.

I believe you can place a bet on a phone app from a nv ip address. I have no idea if you can spoof the ip and make a bet though?

hmmmm

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by seanrachel13 View Post
    If UNC wins it's all cash no rollover? If no rollover i would hedge for at least 2grand if there is any rollover might hedge half that! Good luck!
    NO rolley!!!!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

You have to get to Vegas. No excuses. off shore, you don't know if you are going to get paid. yes, maybe in 2 months. Beg, borrow, or steal the air fare. you can get hotel for $20 on a Monday. If that was me, id thumb my way to Vegas. penetrate offshore for that kind o money

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm debating on opening a new account at a different book with a couple grand to hedge. What's the best option gentleman. Should I take a bonus from the sign up or no?
    You sound pretty ghey.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

just checked prices. you can stay at Westgate for $17 if you have a Verizon account

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Hedge nothing like knowing you have money on the way. Did you really think you were going to be in this position.

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Also, never had problems with 5dimes.com cash out. Max check cash is 4000.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by invega man View Post
    just checked prices. You can stay at westgate for $17 if you have a verizon account
    i wish!!!!!!!!!!

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

What is wrong with you people?

Don_rayf
    Don_rayf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1937

Is this serious? Can't make it? Send someone you trust, mom, dad, son, daughter, wife anyone..... Fly out tomorrow am fly back tomorrow night. I left Vegas last week on the 11pm flight to Atlanta then the 7am flight from Atl to Tulsa for work on Monday, tickets cost me $400. Well worth it.
    No excuses, if this is true you go or send someone to hedge your bet for at least 4-5K nova ML.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I like Nova on the ML myself.. I think they win the game outright... This Nova team is on it...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Don_rayf View Post
    Is this serious? Can't make it? Send someone you trust, mom, dad, son, daughter, wife anyone..... Fly out tomorrow am fly back tomorrow night. I left Vegas last week on the 11pm flight to Atlanta then the 7am flight from Atl to Tulsa for work on Monday, tickets cost me $400. Well worth it.
    No excuses, if this is true you go or send someone to hedge your bet for at least 4-5K nova ML.
    Exactly man....Pay someone you trust to do it

I would find a way myself personally....I can't think of many scenarios where I would let one day of work get in the way

Maybe you have a huge meeting with a potential client? All I can think of where I wouldn't just call in sick or use a personal day or 2

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Exactly man....Pay someone you trust to do it

I would find a way myself personally....I can't think of many scenarios where I would let one day of work get in the way

Maybe you have a huge meeting with a potential client? All I can think of where I wouldn't just call in sick or use a personal day or 2
    I can't expose my job but it's just not possible.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Dude get your ass out to vegas ASAP......I can get on a 2PM flight from philly...be in vegas by 430 LOCAL TIME and back on a flight home at 1040 Local time (well past end of game) and home at 617AM....literally missing 2 hours of work and the ticket is $455.......youre talking about now having to worry about getting paid from the bracket contest then opening up another off shore and getting paid by them also......this is a no brainer

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Dude get your ass out to vegas ASAP......I can get on a 2PM flight from philly...be in vegas by 430 LOCAL TIME and back on a flight home at 1040 Local time (well past end of game) and home at 617AM....literally missing 2 hours of work and the ticket is $455.......youre talking about now having to worry about getting paid from the bracket contest then opening up another off shore and getting paid by them also......this is a no brainer
    Especially since Nova is winning the game

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I don't understand the question. You put $5,000 on Villanova +2.5 and hope unc wins by one or two. Seems like a no brainer to me. For some reason, a couple guys are recommending you bet the Nova ml. Do not do this. Give yourself a chance to win everything.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Trust me I understand and appreciate the insight I just can't pull it off.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    I don't understand the question. You put $5,000 on Villanova +2.5 and hope unc wins by one or two. Seems like a no brainer to me. For some reason, a couple guys are recommending you bet the Nova ml. Do not do this. Give yourself a chance to win everything.
    I will post the break down later of the nova Plays that are done

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Especially since Nova is winning the game

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Man , not even invested but hope like hell about midnight to hear a profit story.
    Best of luck to you tonight
    Maybe even a ridiculous middle for about 20k

Bryan T
    Bryan T's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1788

http://www.bobbybucks.com/hedge_calculator.php

HEDGE!!!
    Try to middle. Deposit on any big site and bet. 5dimes is good. I got Carolina ML as the last leg of a decent parlay and my plan is to hope they jump out to an early lead and get a better live line to middle. I doubt they get far behind anywhere in the game so I should be able to hedge at some point regardless.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Man , not even invested but hope like hell about midnight to hear a profit story.
    Best of luck to you tonight
    Maybe even a ridiculous middle for about 20k
    Thanks Slipknot

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
    http://www.bobbybucks.com/hedge_calculator.php

HEDGE!!!
    Try to middle. Deposit on any big site and bet. 5dimes is good. I got Carolina ML as the last leg of a decent parlay and my plan is to hope they jump out to an early lead and get a better live line to middle. I doubt they get far behind anywhere in the game so I should be able to hedge at some point regardless.
    Thanks I'm working my hedge now.

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Great spot to be in, congrats. And don't mess it up, huge value going on right now for you. I agree absolutely hedge, absolutely. Put maybe 1k on Nova ML and 2k on Nova +2.5... Then enjoy the game. Hopefully getting 10k from winning the contest if UNC wins, and if they don't then you get a nice 3.5k in the bank with a Nova win, and the small possibility of the middle for about 16k. Just make it so that you're up man! Maybe even throw down 3 or 4k on Nova ML along with the 2k on Nova +2.5 so that you get a solid 5k+ no matter what. Up to you.

Regardless, nice picks and good luck. Just yeah, please do hedge some, you'll be a winner no matter what.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

hedge about $30,000 on nova and thank me later.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Great spot to be in, congrats. And don't mess it up, huge value going on right now for you. I agree absolutely hedge, absolutely. Put maybe 1k on Nova ML and 2k on Nova +2.5... Then enjoy the game. Hopefully getting 10k from winning the contest if UNC wins, and if they don't then you get a nice 3.5k in the bank with a Nova win, and the small possibility of the middle for about 16k. Just make it so that you're up man! Maybe even throw down 3 or 4k on Nova ML along with the 2k on Nova +2.5 so that you get a solid 5k+ no matter what. Up to you.

Regardless, nice picks and good luck. Just yeah, please do hedge some, you'll be a winner no matter what.
    Nice advice

mncosoldier

Hedged 1500 on Nova Ml and Nova -4.5

First 1234 Last