STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wisconsin is a better team than Kentucky

Ive watched Kentucky vrs Lousivlle early in the year, Kent-LSU mid season, and their last two tourny games. I watched Wisconsin lose to Maryland, kill Ohio State, beat Minnesota, and the last two tourny games. From what I have seen and read all year, I truly believe that Wisconsin is a better basketball team. The only missmatch I possibly see is who on Wisconsin will guard Booker of Kentucky. Booker is the guy I think has to score 15+ for Kentucky to win. I really believe this. Booker is the best guard on Kentucky, and one of the more underrated players in the country, but he is extremely underutilized.

When the dust settles, I think Wisconsin's maturity and Bo Ryan will be the difference. Wisconsin will not be in awe... they will not be intimidated. Kentucky is a hell of a team, but this is Wisconsin's year. I honestly can't believe Kentucky is favored by 5.5...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698, trytrytry, and Ratzz

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

If you say so....After watching that many games you are a professional expert.
    Thanks for the analysis.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    If you say so....After watching that many games you are a professional expert.
    Thanks for the analysis.
    never said i was an expert, just stated which games Ive watched from start to finish... I honestly believe Wisky is better when you factor everything in. Kentucky is deeper, and more talented overall. Wisky is more mature and better coached...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Why make this thread?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

i don't think anyone would disagree that wisconsin is a better basketball team than most of their opponents. kentucky beats you by being better athletes at their positions, and that's why no one can beat them. 6 points may be generous though, it will be interesting to see how that line shifts over the week.

the real question is will cal be smart enough (already there we're getting into dicey territory) to really get kaminsky into foul trouble. arizona showed tonight that you can get the elusive wisconsin d into foul trouble. if they can feed towns when frank the tank is on him, then he will either score or get fouled because he's that good. otherwise the guards can drive to the basket and draw fouls as well. will be a very good game to watch i think. if dekker can keep up his clutch shooting then this will be close.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Why make this thread?
    haha, now i'm wondering why i even said anything.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    haha, now i'm wondering why i even said anything.
    Atleast you had some analysis and not some dipshit comment.

Like mine.

texhooper

Atleast you had some analysis and not some dipshit comment.

Like mine.
    ha, sometimes dipshit comments are better.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

ha, sometimes dipshit comments are better.
    Well it's good to know some people feel that way.

Cuz it's basically all I got.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

The line tells you all you need to know in this one. This is kentuckys year and all the pretend drama to make people believe that other teams have a chance is a joke. No one is beating Kentucky. Arizona was the only chance based on matchups but Wisconsin went nuts on threes so it's over. Kentucky national champs which I hate so much

STAX

Why make this thread?
    why reply in this thread?

STAX

i don't think anyone would disagree that wisconsin is a better basketball team than most of their opponents. kentucky beats you by being better athletes at their positions, and that's why no one can beat them. 6 points may be generous though, it will be interesting to see how that line shifts over the week.

the real question is will cal be smart enough (already there we're getting into dicey territory) to really get kaminsky into foul trouble. arizona showed tonight that you can get the elusive wisconsin d into foul trouble. if they can feed towns when frank the tank is on him, then he will either score or get fouled because he's that good. otherwise the guards can drive to the basket and draw fouls as well. will be a very good game to watch i think. if dekker can keep up his clutch shooting then this will be close.
    great point about the foul trouble... however the refs call this game will be key... obviously if they call it tight that bodes well for Kentucky no matter who they play because they are so deep... I just think even if they do call it tight, Wisconsin is disciplined enough and mature enough and well coached enough to adjust accordingly.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Sfax. Ur wrong about everything other than Kentucky is a hell of a team. Better in every aspect other than decker. He's a stud. Frank is soft and he will get exposed by Kentucky bigs. The spread can be covered but it won't. Kentucky has had there trouble in the turn around games. They will be ready for wisc. Way more talented and booker is just a piece. He's their 4th beat guard. Harrison twins are so underated. Ulies is so good defensively as well. Decker is X factor. I'm very confident UK rolls

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    Sfax. Ur wrong about everything other than Kentucky is a hell of a team. Better in every aspect other than decker. He's a stud. Frank is soft and he will get exposed by Kentucky bigs. The spread can be covered but it won't. Kentucky has had there trouble in the turn around games. They will be ready for wisc. Way more talented and booker is just a piece. He's their 4th beat guard. Harrison twins are so underated. Ulies is so good defensively as well. Decker is X factor. I'm very confident UK rolls
    Harrison twins will be better in the NBA but Booker is the best guard on the team imo (Ulis is very good as well)... Harrison twins are barely shooting 40%, and imo they hurt Kentucky aside from their defense. Cauley Stein is a freak athelete, but he looks lost on the court sometimes.... its like he is one of those guys that starting playing basketball two years ago. Anthoney-Towns is plain awesome... you know he is good for 12/8/3... and I agree that Kaminsky probably won't have a great game stat-wise, but thats OK... he just needs to knock down a couple threes to keep Kentucky honest and keep a big outside the paint. Most importantly he needs to stay on the court, even if it means conceding a few lay-ups early. I think Frank will be playing a lot of decoy, in order to get open looks for his teammates. What makes Wisconsin so hard to defend is that every guy on the court can shoot lights out from 3... Bo Ryan will keep Kentucky off balance this way. The two best teams are playing in this game... should be a great one to watch... I stand firm in saying that I believe Wisconsin is the better team right now...

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Although I would not doubt kentucky is on a clear path to a championship. I would not feel comfortable laying the moneyline. If anything play the spread to your liking. This is a better Wisconsin team than last year. DO NOT sleep on frank kaminsky. He started today 2 for 8 and found his way. He's not only a talented ball player but he's the smartest player in ncaa this year. Badgers def have a chance. That being said kentucky may have not shown the full arsenal. Complete toss up and not going to lay chalk on cats ML bottom line.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Don't think it matter who the best team , whoever handles the pressure the best will win

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Don't wanna get ahead of myself but you see what a freshman in Auguste did tonight think about what frank can do with an all around game.
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave thecutter 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Manuel Labor
    Manuel Labor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Wisconsin gonna be tough out for Kentucky

Kentucky had some close calls this year . Eventually that catches up with you. Wisky has ice in their veins . Should be tight good game but the A-hole refs will screw that up for us.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it will be very close and go to the wire

a must to take Wisky

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

line is solid, -6 is what I formulate

Kentucky dominates in blocks, opponents away shooting%, defensive 3%, and edge in turn over battle

Badgers have a chance but they are NOT the better team

You stating you can't believe the line is -5.5 is hurting your cause

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Harrison twins will be better in the NBA but Booker is the best guard on the team imo (Ulis is very good as well)... Harrison twins are barely shooting 40%, and imo they hurt Kentucky aside from their defense. Cauley Stein is a freak athelete, but he looks lost on the court sometimes.... its like he is one of those guys that starting playing basketball two years ago. Anthoney-Towns is plain awesome... you know he is good for 12/8/3... and I agree that Kaminsky probably won't have a great game stat-wise, but thats OK... he just needs to knock down a couple threes to keep Kentucky honest and keep a big outside the paint. Most importantly he needs to stay on the court, even if it means conceding a few lay-ups early. I think Frank will be playing a lot of decoy, in order to get open looks for his teammates. What makes Wisconsin so hard to defend is that every guy on the court can shoot lights out from 3... Bo Ryan will keep Kentucky off balance this way. The two best teams are playing in this game... should be a great one to watch... I stand firm in saying that I believe Wisconsin is the better team right now...
    Well at least you are standing firm.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    never said i was an expert, just stated which games Ive watched from start to finish... I honestly believe Wisky is better when you factor everything in. Kentucky is deeper, and more talented overall. Wisky is more mature and better coached...
    lol... good luck with that

Manuel Labor
    Manuel Labor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

You guys are EXPERTS compared to my novice betting experience. Would you bet Wisconsin ATS or a teaser?Or both?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I have watched at least 15 games of each team. Wisconsin will beat Kentucky.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: STAX

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    And I will be there to witness it. Going to Indy to see the Final Four baby!!!

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

Sick. how much did you have to drop on tix?

covertops
    covertops's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1426

I also believe wisconsin has a very good chance to beat kentucky. Everybody was saying kentucky was playing bad against note dame...it was actually the other way around note dame was playing such good basketball they made kentucky look bad. It sucks they couldn't finish. I think wiscy will take what was exposed in the ND game and use to their.advantage. they also have the revenge factor and clutch lights out shooting. Wiscy = less talent but more intelligence. +6 pts is a gift from god vegas gonna rake on the kentucky spread just like they did with ND

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by chipshipley View Post
    Sick. how much did you have to drop on tix?
    I have the best girlfriend ever and she got me them for Christmas. Now on Stubhub they're goin for $1,000+ each

goduke

Delusional

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Delusional
    No. I just follow college basketball this season more than you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kentucky might not cover but should win

goduke

If that was true which its not you wouldnt even dare to make the prediction you did

goduke

Youre just trying to make a bold prediction so that you can get internet cred. If you followed college basketball truly you would know that kentucky is better then any team and its not even close. They play down to their opponents and then step up when they need to. kentucky is bored because no one is on their level. youll see

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Youre just trying to make a bold prediction so that you can get internet cred. If you followed college basketball truly you would know that kentucky is better then any team and its not even close. They play down to their opponents and then step up when they need to. kentucky is bored because no one is on their level. youll see
    They did not "play down" to ND; both teams played great. UK didn't miss one of their last 12 shots. Wiscy D is better than ND, wiscy Offense is much much better than UK. They have size to match UK, with better shooters and many ways to score. I EXPECT wisconsin to win.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

If that was true which its not you wouldnt even dare to make the prediction you did
    I'll put it this way, UK's average play is better than anyone in the country, but Wisconsin's best is better than anyone else's best.

123 Last