HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Conference Tourney Futures/Props

Odds for the conference tourneys are trickling in, and I didn't see a thread dedicated to these yet. I don't know anything about the Patriot League or the A-Sun (haven't seen any others yet), but I'll start the thread with a Horizon League pick:

Green Bay +165
    I think Green Bay got a favorable draw here by having Oakland instead of Cleveland St on their side of the bracket. This team should be in the NCAAs, espcially after being upset last year by Milwaukee. Negatives are that free throws are a weakness, and they may have to travel to Valpo for the final. But the Phoenix are an experienced bunch, and Sykes should be ready to lead them to the NCAAs, especially after they were upset by Milwaukee last year.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

A couple i just saw that look to hold some value:

UCLA +1400 to win the pac 12... they seem to be getting hot at thE right time... but tough route.

Davidson +400 to win A 10. Without a doubt one of the most offensively gifted teams in the country. Wide open conference.

Baylor +600 to win big 12. Lets face it, kansas is NOT that good.

rocky9995
    rocky9995's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

What site has these? These are always some of my favorites to bet on. I've seen all the horizon teams in person this year. Valpo was the most impressive. Defense was so sounds and tough to beat. But ya at least Green Bay avoids Cleve st

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Wanna play Iona to win the maac depending on odds
    the maac tourney starts thursday
    horizon conference tourney starts tomorrow,green bay sounds like a good team to take
    Last edited by xdodger19; 03-02-15 at 10:20 AM.

HeeluvaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rocky9995 View Post
    What site has these?
    Last I looked 5Dimes had the A-Sun, Patriot, and Horizon. Not sure where THam pulled his odds. For now I'm only looking at the ones where seeding is set.

These are like Super Bowl props to me - something fun to do, but mostly a shot in the dark.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Last I looked 5Dimes had the A-Sun, Patriot, and Horizon. Not sure where THam pulled his odds. For now I'm only looking at the ones where seeding is set.

These are like Super Bowl props to me - something fun to do, but mostly a shot in the dark.
    I got mine from BetOnline

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I got mine from BetOnline
    They currently have :
    ACC
    Pac 12
    Big 10
    Big 12
    SEC
    A 10
    Big East

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    A couple i just saw that look to hold some value:

UCLA +1400 to win the pac 12... they seem to be getting hot at thE right time... but tough route.

Davidson +400 to win A 10. Without a doubt one of the most offensively gifted teams in the country. Wide open conference.

Baylor +600 to win big 12. Lets face it, kansas is NOT that good.
    baylor +600 looks good to me..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    Wanna play Iona to win the maac depending on odds
    the maac tourney starts thursday
    horizon conference tourney starts tomorrow,green bay sounds like a good team to take
    iona's odds will most likely suck, and honestly even tho they the best team i dont trust their no defense playing asses not to get clipped.. almost positive ill trust them less than odds suggest you should..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    baylor +600 looks good to me..
    you think this gets better if they get clipped tonight hammer? doubt books that shortsighted but ive never really followed these early like this so little curious if tex beats them if we can get even better number? dont really think tex beats them but line kinda says they do, not good matchup for horns tho as they will be stuck shooting over the zone and they cant shoot..

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

How about Florida Gulf Coast to win the A-SUN at +270? Just need to win 2 Home games to get to the Championship.

If they get there, and North Florida loses along the way, Dunk City would host the Championship game. Even if they don't, I would think a game at North Florida would be somewhere close to a pick'em.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Throwing money away with UCLA. There not going through Pac-12 tourney.

If betting Baylor, this will be top value before UT game tonight. *Unless somehow they go down tonight..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

someone posts the odds

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

America East nobody beating Albany but New Hampshire could be a long shot
    Atlantic Sun I think North Florida wins its but SC Upstate could be a long shot
    Big South Coastal is playing @ home and is my pick to win it.
    CAA is wide open, Excited to bet this tournament as we are going to get some nice doggies here
    MAAC nobody touching Iona
    Missouri Valley belongs to the Shockers
    Ohio Valley Murray ST isn't losing
    Southern I think ETSU could make a run and pull a few upsets
    Summit I think IPFW at a nice price is worth a shot

I don't bet too many conference futures but it is hands down my favorite time of the year to bet college hoops, including the big dance.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I don't bet too many conference futures but it is hands down my favorite time of the year to bet college hoops, including the big dance.

Totally agree. Best time of year in my opinion. Future bets that turn around in less than 2 weeks. What more can we ask for

xdodger19

would u not make more by betting on green bay on the moneyline every game
    say first game u risk 100 to win 40, then second game risk 100 to win 80 then in the championship game risk 100 to win 140.
    you would be up like 275, and if you lose the second game you are -65 instead of the -100
    if u lose the third game you up by like 20 bucks still.
    same principle applies at +270
    so its a bad play to make
    its only a good play if you are getting like +800
    you never collect on the games u won.
    Its like a 3 team parlay but without the proper payout
    say green bay is game 1 -375 game 2 -130 game 3 they would be about +140

Using the money line system U actually win something back if the team you select does not win the championship
    u win 35 bucks the first game. Then in the second game you win like 75 bucks Now your up 110 if you lose the championship game u come out even. If you make the future bet and lose the championship game, your down 100
    this is a suckers bet because its only +ev at about +800

The team to make the play on is actually oakland +1200
    say you bet a 100, then if they win its worth your while.
    But with Green Bay you are better off playing every game on the moneyline. And probably taking the points in the championship game vs Valparasio

In this system if you win the first two games and lose the championship you come out even
    If you win the championship you are up like the same amount.

Scenario
    Green Bay Illinois chicago moneyline -280 100 to win 50 quarterfinal
    Cleveland St -130 100 to win 80 semifinal if Green Bay gets to the final you are up +130
    take the money you won and put it on Green Bay and take the points too in the final Green Bay +5.5 at Valparasio. Now you have the points too. And if you lose you come out even.
    This reduces your risk factor.

So at +270 It is -ev
    Last edited by xdodger19; 03-02-15 at 03:39 PM.

HeeluvaGuy

Not bad thoughts, and it'll be worth monitoring, but there are a couple of things to add here that might change your analysis. First, GB has a bye all the way through to the semis, so there are only two, not three, games. Second, your theory falls apart if chalk doesn't hold.
    Last edited by HeeluvaGuy; 03-02-15 at 03:36 PM.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

How about picking either Lehigh or Lafayette to win the Patriot League???

You can grab Lehigh at +425 and Lafayette at +500. Historically, two of the solid programs in the Conference, and they own the #2 and #3 RPI in the Conference. And it's not like Bucknell is a killer at the top......they did lose 5 conference games.

I think this one is worth a stab.

xdodger19

In this case since there is only 2 games to get through, you are really playing a 2 team money line parlay
    one game at -140 the other game at +140. If you win both games you win the standard 2 team parlay amount +270
    The problem with this is you don't get the +5.5 points vs Valparasio in the championship game

In this scenario with the bye, say Green Bay plays Cleveland St. you money line it real close at like -125 if you win your up like 80

if they lose to cleveland st in both scenarios you are down 100,

if they win then you have 2 options

1) Take the 80 and put it on Green Bay +140 in the championship game on the moneyline
    if win your up about 215 but if you lose you are even.
    Or take the 80 then take Green Bay and the 5.5 points and if win up 160. but if lose you are even

2) Or would you rather be down 100 no points with Green Bay on the road straight up to win 270
    and get your 100 back,and if they lose you lose 100

The moneyline scenario is better because if you lose the final you are even
    if you win your up 160. And you have a better chance at winning because you get 5.5 points

this scenario over ten games your expected ev is+800
    in the future scenario you lose 100 say 6 out of ten times -600
    you win 270 4times 1080 -600 = +440 ev and thats generous to say GB has a 40 percent chance in the final straight up
    in this scenario your ev is +44 if Green Bay has a 40 percent chance of winning straight up.

The money line play here has an ev of +80

In the Lafayette play you are better off just playing them every game with the points
    If they win it all you are up 300.
    If they win the first game, the worst you can do is come out even

oakland +1200 is the only play I see here that would be worth the risk
    Last edited by xdodger19; 03-02-15 at 04:30 PM.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    In this case since there is only 2 games to get through, you are really playing a 2 team money line parlay
    one game at -140 the other game at +140. If you win both games you win the standard 2 team parlay amount +270
    The problem with this is you don't get the +5.5 points vs Valparasio in the championship game

In this scenario with the bye, say Green Bay plays Cleveland St. you money line it real close at like -125 if you win your up like 80

if they lose to cleveland st in both scenarios you are down 100,

if they win then you have 2 options

1) Take the 80 and put it on Green Bay +140 in the championship game on the moneyline
    if win your up about 215 but if you lose you are even.
    Or take the 80 then take Green Bay and the 5.5 points and if win up 160. but if lose you are even

2) Or would you rather be down 100 no points with Green Bay on the road straight up to win 270
    and get your 100 back,and if they lose you lose 100

The moneyline scenario is better because if you lose the final you are even
    if you win your up 160. And you have a better chance at winning because you get 5.5 points

this scenario over ten games your expected ev is+800
    in the future scenario you lose 100 say 6 out of ten times -600
    you win 270 4times 1080 -600 = +440 ev and thats generous to say GB has a 40 percent chance in the final straight up
    in this scenario your ev is +44 if Green Bay has a 40 percent chance of winning straight up.

The money line play here has an ev of +80
    Blah

HeeluvaGuy

Ohio Valley Conference:

UT-Martin +1200
    I realize Murray St. will likely win this thing, but there's no value on them at -135. UTM played the Racers close twice and is on their side of the bracket. If UTM advances on Thursday, they'll play Murray St. for the third time this year, and the second time within a week. If (and it's a big if) they can get past Murray St, Martin has a real chance to advance to the Big Dance.

Longshot? Yes. Fun? I hope so.

HeeluvaGuy

Big West Conference:

UC-Davis +350
    Much easier side of the bracket to get to the finals where you can hedge to lock in a profit.