BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

What's up with these TCU lines?

They started off good OOC against weak opponents but have been getting beaten pretty soundly in conference play.

The game against Texas was a virtual PK and TEXAS blew them out.

Now they're only +4 against KU?

They're not even playing at their home gym since it's undergoing renovations. When they played Texas at "home" there wasn't even anyone there.

What am I missing here? It can't be this easy.

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

KenPom has the game 66-65 Kansas, so maybe it's just supposed to be a good matchup for TCU.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldnt say they've been getting beaten pretty soundly in conference play. 2OT losses and a 5 point road loss at K state. I agree though the line is very confusing and makes no sense..

BigDofBA

A "re-building" KU team is still much better than an improved TCU team.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

Lol TCU won like a total of like 1 conf. game since joining the big 12. Line made no sense.

BigDofBA

The books have been giving TCU credit this year but I don't see it.

With thay said, it's only a 6 point game at the half.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The books have been giving TCU credit this year but I don't see it.

With thay said, it's only a 6 point game at the half.
    Yeah somehow they're only down 6. It feels like KU should be up double digits right now. I'd feel much better with the early line of 5.5 instead of 4.

KRIT

Here's another puzzling line. Stanford -2 on the road against Washington. Wash without two starters and I think only have one guy on the team 6'7 or taller. I was going to play Wash, but after this TCU bs im leaning towards passing.

KRIT

TCU goes from up 1 to down 9 in a matter of minutes. Nice...

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

KU looked like they were point shaving the final 2 minutes. TCU with a miracle cover and almost got the game to OT. I know Kansas sucks, but some of that stuff looked very fishy. Virtually no effort to rebound all night and you got an 83% foul shooter going 0-3.

danthaman101183
    danthaman101183's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

Kansas sucks? The number one team in the best conference in bball...number 1 rpi, ahead of Kentucky..you been sipping on some spiked Koop aid son? Lol

QUOTE=Plaza23;23490789]KU looked like they were point shaving the final 2 minutes. TCU with a miracle cover and almost got the game to OT. I know Kansas sucks, but some of that stuff looked very fishy. Virtually no effort to rebound all night and you got an 83% foul shooter going 0-3.[/QUOTE]

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by danthaman101183 View Post
    Kansas sucks? The number one team in the best conference in bball...number 1 rpi, ahead of Kentucky..you been sipping on some spiked Koop aid son? Lol

QUOTE=Plaza23;23490789]KU looked like they were point shaving the final 2 minutes. TCU with a miracle cover and almost got the game to OT. I know Kansas sucks, but some of that stuff looked very fishy. Virtually no effort to rebound all night and you got an 83% foul shooter going 0-3.
    [/QUOTE]

RPI doesnt mean anything. Look at Kenpom for actual relevant stats.

I've seen Kansas play stretches of awful basketball all season.

Oklahoma at home - blew a 20 point 2nd half lead
    Utah at home - blew a 20 point 2nd half lead
    Temple on the road - blown out by 24 points
    Florida at home - down 18 points in the 1st half

They've had stretches all season of awful basketball. The final 2 minutes tonight was among their worst.

They'll do nothing in the NCAA tourney just like last year.

danthaman101183

But they out they finish games when it matters..with the exception of the temple loss, our other two losses have been to top tier teams. Scary thing is this is a young team that is deep..sure they have their off nights, but I am pretty sure Kentucky had a few games against lowly sec teams they could have lost in overtime....Kansas may not be the best, but come on, sound educated to enough to admit they do t "suck"

They've had stretches all season of awful basketball. The final 2 minutes tonight was among their worst.

They'll do nothing in the NCAA tourney just like last year.[/QUOTE]

BigDofBA

Kansas is rebuilding.

This might be their least talented team in the last decade.

I don't think he means they "suck" literally. They're just not elite like they normally are.

danthaman101183

sorry for the mistypes crew, typing from my phone in beautiful Lawrence Kansas

But they out they finish games when it matters..with the exception of the temple loss, our other two losses have been to top tier teams. Scary thing is this is a young team that is deep..sure they have their off nights, but I am pretty sure Kentucky had a few games against lowly sec teams they could have lost in overtime....Kansas may not be the best, but come on, sound educated to enough to admit they do t "suck"

They'll do nothing in the NCAA tourney just like last year.
    [/QUOTE]

danthaman101183

They have 4 mcdonalds all Americans that will take time to gel.. Kansas will get a 2 seed in the tourney and all will be well with this group..word is outbre and cliff are coming back next year plus we have signed another mcdonalds all American...next year will be their year..they simply reload..not rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Kansas is rebuilding.

This might be their least talented team in the last decade.

I don't think he means they "suck" literally. They're just not elite like they normally are.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

They have 4 mcdonalds all Americans that will take time to gel.. Kansas will get a 2 seed in the tourney and all will be well with this group..word is outbre and cliff are coming back next year plus we have signed another mcdonalds all American...next year will be their year..they simply reload..not rebuild
    Won't make it out of 1st weekend..

danthaman101183

It could could happen yes, but I wouldn't make any sort of wager on that

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Won't make it out of 1st weekend..

KRIT

Wow can't believe TCU cashed. I basically counted it as a loss.

2daBank

QUOTE=Plaza23;23490789]KU looked like they were point shaving the final 2 minutes. TCU with a miracle cover and almost got the game to OT. I know Kansas sucks, but some of that stuff looked very fishy. Virtually no effort to rebound all night and you got an 83% foul shooter going 0-3.
    [/QUOTE]

Sweet another homer clown added to the forum. U.K. only beat them by what 30? Yea they right there with them.,

2daBank

It could could happen yes, but I wouldn't make any sort of wager on that
    Obviously depends on matchups but most likely I will indeed make such a wager.. This team has had the smell of a high seed early exit all season to me..

danthaman101183

Congrats..yea we looked bad there at the end, bill will rip into them after this one..no team with elite talent can let mediocre teams hang around...anything can happen at the end for underdogs who have nothing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Wow can't believe TCU cashed. I basically counted it as a loss.

danthaman101183

Uk is incredible..by far the best team on the court most any given night...that happened to be our worst game of the year..but yes, Kentucky is scary good and can embarrass plenty teams

Sweet another homer clown added to the forum. U.K. only beat them by what 30? Yea they right there with them.,[/QUOTE]

2daBank

Uk is incredible..by far the best team on the court most any given night...that happened to be our worst game of the year..but yes, Kentucky is scary good and can embarrass plenty teams

Sweet another homer clown added to the forum. U.K. only beat them by what 30? Yea they right there with them.,
    [/QUOTE]

I'm on record disagreeing w anyone calling ku bad, I think their body of work is as impressive as anyone's in the country. I honestly don't know how good they are, I think their shooters are pretty streaky and for most part I feel like they have struggled vs the better defensive teams they have faced. Still anyone not giving them respect is ignoring the fact they have faced and beaten a lot of quality teams..so I guess your reaction isn't that bad cause u were responding to ppl that were pretty extreme the other direction in saying "ku sucks"..

KRIT

Yeah I still think KU is nothing special. I think they'll be lucky to get past the first weekend in the ncaa tournament. And like OP said, probably the weakest KU team in a long time.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Yeah I still think KU is nothing special. I think they'll be lucky to get past the first weekend in the ncaa tournament. And like OP said, probably the weakest KU team in a long time.
    We agree on the 1st weekend, long as they don't get cupcake draw. We have had this talk a bunch lately and I still think it hard to argue against their body of work no matter what u think bout them.

JohnD25
    JohnD25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Kansas has an tough matchup against ISU Monday, very close game when they first played 3 weeks ago. Will definitely be a game to wawatch.

Oubre is an monster, and as long as he has his 3's falling to keep pace with an high offensive team like ISU I think they will keep it very close if not win this one at home.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD25 View Post
    Kansas has an tough matchup against ISU Monday, very close game when they first played 3 weeks ago. Will definitely be a game to wawatch.

Oubre is an monster, and as long as he has his 3's falling to keep pace with an high offensive team like ISU I think they will keep it very close if not win this one at home.
    all ku shots will fall against the garbage ass d isu plays. i think they will beat them and by a sizable margin.

Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Kansas playing close games. They dont "suck", they are overrated. 4 guys on Wooden watch, should look like Kentucky, not playing close games with TCU.