Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Emmanuel Mudiay In China Is A Big Deal

Aside from Brandon Jennings, going overseas has not been much of an option for "one and dones". European league teams want to sign a four or five year deal with a kid that age, not operate as a way for him to cash seven-figure checks before heading back stateside. Because of the increased initial eligibility standards that the NCAA imposed, and due to the potential that Adam Silver institutes a two-and-done rule in the NBA, turning pro may be a more attractive option in the future, especially for the kids with financial difficulties, like Mudiay.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

What's going on with his financial situation? I heard them say it was a "hardship issue" but I missed the rest of it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What's going on with his financial situation? I heard them say it was a "hardship issue" but I missed the rest of it.
    He, and SMU (Larry Brown), claim it is a hardship issue, and he wants to help his mother. There is speculation that the real reason is that he attended Prime Prep for 2 years, which is having issues with meeting NCAA academic standards. Nonetheless, if he does well, a lot of kids might look overseas in the future to get paid while improving their trade.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Considering Larry Brown's background it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit that some shady shit went down. He left Kansas under a major cloud after he took off to the NBA.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Huge deal if overseas teams start offering 1 mil a year to the one and done players. I think it may be good for the college game. Let those who don't want to go to college become professionals and get their money, similar to baseball. Allows more parity, players that will take the game more seriously instead of just a pit stop on the way to the NBA.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

This guy is the real deal 2 guard body but point guard skills. He reminds you of guys like Marbury, Francis, Jeff Teague except he has 3 inches on them so going to be way better.