DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Your all Insane Take the + 3 1/2 No Brainer!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post
    Your all Insane Take the + 3 1/2 No Brainer!
    it would be more insane to tell people to take +3.5 when, it is +4 everywhere

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    it would be more insane to tell people to take +3.5 when, it is +4 everywhere

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Seems like a reasonable play to make tonight. Pittsburgh should win by at least 6.

Leaning this way myself

Good luck tonight

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I'm on PITT -3.5 too.

Good luck to us.

Squares love Duke getting the 4.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Either way it's gonna be a great game. I just think Duke with Parker, Hood, Cook, and Company are the more talented bunch. They have 3 coming off the bench that would start on most ACC teams. And Coach K doesn't exactly suck as a coach.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Pitt is the play, let me sober up and I will try and get something up...
    Dude seriously? Get a grip.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    hmm...even though duke has beaten three top 25 teams by (va 4, ucla 17, mich 10 points)???? and their two road loses they were up by dd in the 2nd and didn't close...not great but imo they were the much better team and have learned from those

and PITT has NO top 25 wins and the two ranked opponents they played they lost to

lol

and if you believe Pitt shouldve beaten cincy...then I guess you'd have to say temple shouldve beaten cincy too! not too much of an argument for your panthers either way

we'll all see tonight..but imo four points is crazy to have to lay in this situation

You must have not watched the Pitt Cincy game. Pitt had a huge
    drought in the 2nd half and still were in a position to win. And yes
    they still should have won the game. Patterson missed 2 free throws with 20 seconds left that would have put them up 3. That was probably the worst they played all season and that happens.

Until Duke shows me something on the road, I will fade them.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Pitt also had trouble closing out Maryland! Couldn't hit their ft's in the 2h or to close out the game. Granted they still won comfortably (4 points) but likely this will be a close game and I'd rather take the points already seeing Pitt struggle to close out.

P.S. Maybe you missed it but Duke just annihilated Miami on the road in front of a star-studded full house??

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    You must have not watched the Pitt Cincy game. Pitt had a huge
    drought in the 2nd half and still were in a position to win. And yes
    they still should have won the game. Patterson missed 2 free throws with 20 seconds left that would have put them up 3. That was probably the worst they played all season and that happens.

Until Duke shows me something on the road, I will fade them.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

just an interesting matchup

a team that lives and dies by the 3, but sacrifices that great shooting ability for horrible interior defense.

Pitt excels at interior passing and exploiting inept defense down low.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    Pitt also had trouble closing out Maryland! Couldn't hit their ft's in the 2h or to close out the game. Granted they still won comfortably (4 points) but likely this will be a close game and I'd rather take the points already seeing Pitt struggle to close out.

P.S. Maybe you missed it but Duke just annihilated Miami on the road in front of a star-studded full house??
    can not compare miami's home crowd to what pitt will be like tonight

You mad bro

just an interesting matchup

a team that lives and dies by the 3, but sacrifices that great shooting ability for horrible interior defense.

Pitt excels at interior passing and exploiting inept defense down low.
    patterson is the key tonight

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

can not compare miami's home crowd to what pitt will be like tonight
    did he really bring up a Miami home crowd? Cuse fans had let's go Orange chants going all game this weekend.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    did he really bring up a Miami home crowd? Cuse fans had let's go Orange chants going all game this weekend.
    yeah .. in front of a star studded full house .. I'm sure the "stars" are the real fans that are getting in your face when they have a chance

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Pitt lost Durand Johnson to an ACL a few games ago. He was one of their top scorers and their instant offense off the bench. One of their best scorers and best shooter behind the arc.

It is worthwhile to factor that into the capping equation when looking back at past games.

Pitt managed to be up by 3 with 2:39 remaining at Syracuse without him, so I think they are still a good team.

just not as good as they were and could be

Cuse0323

yeah .. in front of a star studded full house .. I'm sure the "stars" are the real fans that are getting in your face when they have a chance
    don't think he knows much about the Zoo. No place that I would rather not play at than there, though Cameron may change my mind on that this year.

Cuse0323

Pitt lost Durand Johnson to an ACL a few games ago. He was one of their top scorers and their instant offense off the bench. One of their best scorers and best shooter behind the arc.

It is worthwhile to factor that into the capping equation when looking back at past games.

Pitt managed to be up by 3 with 2:39 remaining at Syracuse without him, so I think they are still a good team.

just not as good as they were and could be
    that's what would worry me here as Duke is still more talented. Pitt has to win with effort but they play harder than any team out there. I love Robinson, bright future for that kid.

You mad bro

don't think he knows much about the Zoo. No place that I would rather not play at than there, though Cameron may change my mind on that this year.
    february 22, 2014 .. the day syracuse comes into cameron

my blue devils vs your orange

can't wait ..

can't even wait for saturday lol .. but tonights game is just as big

DennisT

Yeah! Take the +3 1/2 Bite me!!!

Cuse0323

february 22, 2014 .. the day syracuse comes into cameron

my blue devils vs your orange

can't wait ..

can't even wait for saturday lol .. but tonights game is just as big

no doubt, can't wait for both of em. trying whatever I can to get tickets aside from robbing fools, I would sit behind the court and listen if I could. Hoping you guys win tonight so the hype is even bigger but it's gonna be great regardless, both games.

You mad bro

no doubt, can't wait for both of em. trying whatever I can to get tickets aside from robbing fools, I would sit behind the court and listen if I could. Hoping you guys win tonight so the hype is even bigger but it's gonna be great regardless, both games.
    would love it if duke can go into the ZOO and win tonight .. but as a gambler i just can't bet that way lol

i have not yet made a play on this yet but i will def most likely make a large amount soon

if pitt is favored by 3.5-4 tonight i could imagine duke would be almost +8 at the carrier dome no?

idk oh wells

Cuse0323

would love it if duke can go into the ZOO and win tonight .. but as a gambler i just can't bet that way lol

i have not yet made a play on this yet but i will def most likely make a large amount soon

if pitt is favored by 3.5-4 tonight i could imagine duke would be almost +8 at the carrier dome no?

idk oh wells
    would be surprised if it goes above 6, think we have a good shot of losing. we shall see

You mad bro

would be surprised if it goes above 6, think we have a good shot of losing. we shall see
    well duke might end up shooting 45 3's on saturday .. so if we hit 20 of them right there is 60 points .. all we need to do then is hold you under 60

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah no doubt that Duke is the more talented team.

this is the epitome of the differences in class in college hoops

you got a bunch of McDonald's all americans with a few possible one and done future NBA stars

going against

a few 5th year senior stars (rare birds in todays college basketball power conferences) and their young 2nd tier freshmen and soph recruits team mates

Dixon and Coach K are great coaches but in different ways.

Dixon gets less than stellar players to buy in to the program and scheme. He develops nobody talents over the course of 4-5 years into potential conference or even national player of the year candidates like we see in Lamar Patterson.

its a neat match up

You mad bro

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DennisT

You Rock!!

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Take Duke. 1st half + 2

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Im a huge duke fan, my favorite team for over 20 years. I wouldnt take them tonight. Pitt should out rebound them pretty good. Of course its Duke, so Im not playing Pitt. If Hood and Dawson are hitting 3s Duke is tough to beat on any night.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Tough game, like alot of teams there are two sides to Pitt. One side is bad offense the other good offense. In the Cincy game they had no halfcourt offense, it was pathetic, they looked lost, other times the halfcourt offense is fluid, active, and productive. Duke has alot more guys who care score on different parts of the court, thats what makes it scary, wanna take Pitt and I think I will.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-27-14 at 02:59 PM.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Have you noticed how often people are wrong when they come on here and say, "I'm the biggest ______ fan there is but I wouldn't bet on them tonight for anything." I remember prior to the Duke at Miami game, Duke fans came on these same boards saying, "I'm a big Duke fan but I won't be putting any money on the Blue Devils against the Canes because we've yet to prove we can win on the road." How'd that one turn out?

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    Have you noticed how often people are wrong when they come on here and say, "I'm the biggest ______ fan there is but I wouldn't bet on them tonight for anything." I remember prior to the Duke at Miami game, Duke fans came on these same boards saying, "I'm a big Duke fan but I won't be putting any money on the Blue Devils against the Canes because we've yet to prove we can win on the road." How'd that one turn out?
    i wouldn't care if I'm wrong

its just 1 game .. lose tonight and move on tomorrow .. 90% of the people here take it to the grave with them and blame everything and everyone else for why they lost

Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Pitt student.

Pitt will not lose. I've only ever said this once before on this forum and it was this year football Pitt vs. ND. Kids have been sleeping in line for days to get into this game. The zoo is a top 5 toughest place to play and I firmly believe tonight will be as live as the zoo has ever been. I personally did not bet the spread but the ML is as safe as it gets. Duke's the first talented ACC team that Pitt has to play; believe they'll make a statement. Pitt ML. Thank me later.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Pitt student.

Duke's the first talented ACC team that Pitt has to play; believe they'll make a statement. Pitt ML. Thank me later.
    Pretty sure that Syracuse is in the ACC, so I think you mean traditional ACC team. Duke has a real shot at losing two in a row vs.Pitt and Cuse. I think at least for this year the old big east schools will dominate ACC play

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Taking Pitt, rebounding and physicality is what Im leaning on and defense of course, lets hope Coach K's influence doesnt run all the way to the Allegheny.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-27-14 at 03:33 PM.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

love the squares on the home team...some more +4.5 for me

board will be burried

First 12345 ... Last