Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why should I not unload on Wisconsin tomorrow?

I know that Michigan State is always tough @ the Breslin Center, but seriously, lets look at the talent level on both teams here... Spartans have Nietzel and UMMM NIETZEL! Badgers have Tucker, Taylor, Flowers, Butch, and more! Badgers -1.5??? Seriously? I'll take the Badgers for 3 units PLEASE! Wisconsin has looked good in pretty much every Big Ten game they have played this year... Even in their loss to Indiana, they could have easily won and led for most of the game! I think this line is off by a Kamron Taylor 3 ball! Badgers by atleast 5 on Super Tuesday!

Anyone else on the Badgers with me manana?

I REALLY NEED THIS ONE GENTLEMEN!

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

One reason. Michigan State needs that big win to get them to the big dance. I will look at this game closer but right now I like Michigan State and the points.

hanco21

I believe Michigan STate is on the bubble. A win is crucial here.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see where you are comin from here Hanco, but the Badgers are not just gonna pack one in and roll over so MSU can get a resume win for the tournament... Wisconsin is still fighting OSU for the Big 10 title and they NEED this game going into their showdown on Sunday! I really think the Badgers come strong tomorrow... I'm not saying that the Spartans won't as well, but I don't see them winning this game... Their team is soo young and you know that Wisconsin will lock down on Nietzel and force others to beat them... Just don't think MSU has the firepower to hang with the likes of the Badgers here... I have been wrong many times, but I really like Wisconsin tomorrow!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I am probably going to make MSU + the biggest bet of my life tomorrow....need to talk a few things over with some guys on here first. WISC has really not played as well on the road take for example at Minn the other night, MINN hung with them for about 35/36 minutes before WISC finally pulled away. If you want WISC you may want to wait...they will probably close as the dog.

The linesmaker is pretty much telling you who they think is going to win tomorrow with that small a spread
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 02-20-07 at 12:27 AM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Also, if relevent to your handicapping, consider that sportsinsights is reporting that 85% of all bets for that game have been placed on WISC and the line has gone down or stayed the same everywhere. National TV game with the #1 team and the public is pounding the favorite and the line is not moving

Probably a good idea to monitor the line movement (or lack of) on this game tomorrow....

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

GL guys..

Mind tells me: Wisconsin
    Heart tells me: Michigan St

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

My mind tells me Michigan State by 9, my heart tells me Michigan State by 13.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Michigan State's home court is the only reason this line is close to a pick'em. You cant ignore that, so the value probably lays with MSU.

But I think the Badgers win this one by 5 or more.

Im passing and hoping for a good game.

Good luck guys.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

P2M, I am on Wisconsin with you. MSU wont be able to handle Tucker.

Razz

This game is pretty important to me. First time I've ever done this:

<------------

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post

<------------

OK. I hope to see Razz and BuddyBear around if Wisconsin wins this game. Something tells me they are unloading on Michigan State.

Just dont over due it guys. Dont blow your whole bankroll on this one game.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I'd give WISC a slight edge just because they are so much more talented all over the court, but the fact MSU desperately needs this one make it too close to call. I'm gonna pass on this one and bet UNLV big tomorrow.

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Wisconsin is currently playing for a #1 seed. Mich St. is playing for their lives. Edge Mich St.

Wisconsin is mediocre on the road, Mich St. is tough at home.

Wisconsin is a tough team but they aren't so talented the Mich St. can't play with them. I haven't made any moves on the game but I gotta say I expect it to close at Mich St. -1.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game reminds me of the Kansas-K State game from today. Mich St trying to build a tourney resume, Wisconsin trying to build a #1 seed resume... I just don't know about this game. Given that I respect Razz and Buddy as cappers, I hate to go against MSU... I may stay away from this one altogether and just root for you guys to hit. Good luck to all on the MSU train.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

<------------
    Hopefully it brings you luck bud. I also like State tonight, so let's cash this one felaas!!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I just made it my biggest play in NCAAB of the year.....I need this one too. Been in something of a rut the past two days going 0-3 with some very bad beats. I'll be wearing a green and white tie to work today as well for good luck Illusion.

Jake38
    Jake38's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the majority are going one way....

Head in the other direction. Granted MS is playing for an NCAA birth, but Wisconsin has the whole picture in mind, Big Ten Championship and a number 1 seed. I know the Izz-zone is a tough place to play, but I don't see Wisconsin losing this one. In addition to all that Wisconsin has to lose, they are the more talented team. They are going to come in fired up and will want to prove that they should be number one in both polls and make this Sundays game the biggest of the year at Ohio State. That being said, I just hope they aren't looking past MSU (I doubt they are.) Just my 2cents. You guys have been at this longer than I have.

It's going to be a good one.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going with MSU +110 on the ML in this game guys.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

My initial feeling before this line came out was Wisconsin all the way. After all there is no comparison between these clubs talent-wise, as Wisconsin really is one of the best teams in the land while State is a one-man show. I also feel that MSU's home record this year is a bit deceiving as it came up short in the biggest game of all (Ohio State), and Wisconsin is at least on par with OSU.

Then this line comes out at Wiscy -1, and that number FLAT OUT WREAKS! I am passing on this contest just on that basis alone.

Good Luck All

Razz

I'm not thaaaaaaat heavy on it, don't want to give anyone that impression. But it really is one of my favorite plays of the year.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Razz, Buddy, and Dan-I'm fading MYSELF tonight on this game. Granted, I like +2.5 waaay better than +1.5, and I think we're going to see a few +3's before tipoff, but I'm going (smallish) against every single thought in my head on this game, for the sole reason that I want to see a happy board tonight. Plus, with the easy money that Creighton is going to bring me tonight, I can afford to gamble. Best of luck, gentlemen.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

My mind tells me Michigan State by 9, my heart tells me Michigan State by 13.

somebody knows what he is talking about....

hanco21

easy money