CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

I would much rather play UConn than Clemson in the supers. Great call on the over, any opinion on the Stanford Illini game?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Looks like Belmont is out of it.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

well mf georgia tech, another goddamn fail at the regional, unreal

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk yeah. UConn forces another elimination game on Monday. Keeps my futures bet onthe Field beating Clemson alive. Hoping Irvine can rally against UCLA. Sorry late on Stanford, but I liked the Cardinal to finish things off. Looks we will have plenty of games to bet on for Monday.

CharlestonCock

Yes sir, looking forward to it!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Depends where you bet.
    bet at fukkin bookmaker and they cxld it

should i dispute?

EaglesPhan36

Check their rules. Should be straight forward if they cancel or hold bets on games that go to a 2nd day.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Really ugly weather situation at South Carolina tonight. I had several friends who were there, and saw some wild Facebook pics. Here's a story on it. Hope the stadium will be ok for a potential Super Regional next weekend.
    http://www.thestate.com/2011/06/05/1...-midlands.html

EaglesPhan36

Cashed the futures ticket on Field to Win UCLA Regional. UC-Irvine! Hoping UConn can do the same in Clemson on Monday. Will try to get some good info for Monday.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-06-11 at 07:19 AM.

EaglesPhan36

Five elimination games today. Two suspended games resume [FSU-Bama,SC-Stetson]

2pm ET: Texas vs. Kent State
    The Longhorns staved off elimination by beating Kent State yesterday, 9-3. UT used four pitchers to hold down the Golden Flashes and worked their small ball offense with eleven hits and a big three run bomb from DH Kevin Lusson. Earlier in the day, Texas had won their first elimination game. It was a tight affair with Texas State as the Horns rallied for a run in the 9th after blowing a one run lead in the top of the inning. It will be mostly "all-hands-on-deck" today for both teams pitching wise. Kent likely turns to their Game 1 starter in this regional in Kyle Hallock. Texas could go with their Game 1 starter, Sam Stafford, who was outstanding in 7+ innings against Princeton. UT could even have ace Taylor Jungmann available to pitch an inning after Kent bombed him for seven earned runs in 5.2 IP on Saturday. I think the formula for Texas to win is the same as what they did yesterday against the Golden Flashes, get an early lead and hope your pitching shuts the door. Even though they were throttled yesterday, Kent will feel comfortable with their ace on the mound. If anything, Texas will be the tight team here because this is their regional and it will be a major failure for them to lose. No line here, but if Kent State can get 2.5 on the spread, I'd feel good with that. Total is going to be a low one again, I'd expect 6.5 or 7 probably. You'd think pitcher's duel, but difficult to call with nerves in play.

7pm ET: Baylor vs. California
    Baylor is tossing Jon Ringenberg into Monday’s game as their starter. Ringenberg enters with a 2.25 ERA and 2-1 mark this season in 28.0 innings pitched. Game 1 starter Logan Verrett is likely available in the bullpen for Baylor. Cal should be pushing Erik Johnson out to take the start. Johnson was touched up for five earned against Baylor, most of his own doing as he walked six batters. He did not make it out of the 3rd inning, so he should still be fairly fresh. Kevin Miller is also an option as he was roughed up Saturday and only pitched 1.2 innings against Alcorn State. Expect some sort of combination of those two for the Golden Bears. Cal has the momentum here. They stuck in a scoreless game with Baylor until Chad Bunting's solo homer in the 6th and then found a groove with a seven run 8th to seal the 8-0 win. That inning started on an error. Fielding has been an issue in this region. I like Cal in this spot having won two elimination games already. Baylor's bats have not been steady with just three runs in their last two games. A bit chalky, but Cal ML looks good.

7pm ET: Clemson vs. UConn
    A crazy finish last night in Clemson as UConn rallied from a 4-1 hole to take a 6-4 lead into the 9th. That's when Clemson tied it up with a rally, keyed by a Spencer Kieboom two run single. But the Huskies were not deterred as they struck back in the bottom of the 9th, winning on a Ryan Fuller single to force today's elimination game. This region has been heavy on offense. It remains to be seen who will get the starting nods today. Clemson may have to turn to unfamiliar faces to get through the day as their big arms have already been used. That should lend to more offense. UConn might be tempted to bring their stud Matt Barnes back because of the short outing he threw Friday against Clemson. The other options are not great, so expect Barnes to pitch at some point even if he doesn't start. Still, red hot offenses should be the story again. UConn has scored 32 runs in their last three here and Clemson has tallied 27. Over 9.5 looks pretty nice despite the chalk again.

7:35pm ET: Texas A&M vs. Arizona
    A little-used reliever cooled off the Texas A&M bats and helped Arizona push the College Station Regional to an all-or-nothing game. Nick Cunningham came in after starter Tyler Hale was hit on the back of his elbow with a line drive in the third inning. All he did was shut down the Aggies for 5.1 IP on the way to a 7-4 victory for the Cats. A&M will start freshman lefty Brandon Parrent (2-4, 3.65 ERA) today with Arizona reportedly leaning toward sophomore lefty Vincent Littleman (2-3, 8.10 ERA). A&M has a definite pitching edge today. Their pen though failed them yesterday, but they will have their closer fresh and ready if needed along with their Friday starter, Michael Wacha who shut out Wright State in six innings of work. Arizona's offense has found its stroke and will be dangerous here. Price has fallen a little toward the Cats who are now down to +125. O/U is 9.5, heavy chalk to the over. With Arizona's pitching options and their offense clicking, the over seems the best bet in this one. I like A&M to survive, but not overly confident in that.

8:00pm ET: Dallas Baptist vs. Oral Roberts
    Oral Roberts is now juiced up to +135 dogs and I'll probably take a bite here. ORU is riding high after knocked out top seed TCU on Sunday 8-3 and then surviving another elimination game by beating DBU, 7-2. Oral Roberts got dominant pitching from Mark Guest who went the distance. The big question for both teams of course will be where do their coaches turn for pitching today? ORU had the better staff, while DBU struggled with a 4.68 Team ERA. Their pitching held up nicely against TCU and Oklahoma, but their two best were used heavily on Friday & Saturday and probably won't add more than an inning to the equation. More troubling for the Patriots should be their offense which was very productive in the regular season, but has accounted for just eight runs in three games in Fort Worth. Oral Roberts is hitting very well after being shut down in the opener by TCU. The Golden Eagles have put up 22 runs over their last three games. ORU has a deeper staff to choose from today and if that pitching holds up, I like Oral Roberts to pull the shocker here and advance as the lowest seed in the region.

Regionals Record: 9-7 [+3.25]
    Futures: 1-0 [+1.40]

FSU-Bama Over is Pending. They resume at Noon ET today. Had it at Over 9.5. 8-1 in the 6th, so looking good. One future pending. If UConn beats Clemson, can cash that one. Had the Field to Win That Region over Clemson.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-06-11 at 12:20 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Today's Lines

Texas -310
    Kent State +230
    O/U: 7.5

Clemson -320
    UConn +240
    O/U: 9.5

California -175
    Baylor +135
    O/U: 7.5

A&M -160
    Arizona +120
    O/U: 9.5

Dallas Baptist -145
    Oral Roberts +105
    O/U: 12.5

Waiting to see if we get spreads or not. First impressions, Over again with Clemson-UConn is my favorite at this point. Oral Roberts at plus money and momentum, 2nd favorite. Best Chalk to me is Cal. Cal likely sends out their ace whom Baylor beat up for five runs on Friday, but Cal locked down BU last night and I would not expect Johnson to pitch poorly again. His control killed him, he walked six. Will think about that one though for a bit. Write-ups later to help us all.

EaglesPhan36

Getting antsy now on this FSU over. Guy got gunned down at the plate. Stuck on 9 going into the 8th. Only 3 ABs left, but just need one run. C'mon!

EaglesPhan36

Yes! Jayce Boyd with the dong and we're OVER!

EaglesPhan36

Texas went with Stafford as expected. Kent though went with Ryan Mace over Hallock. Expect Hallock is available for sure if needed. Mace had good numbers, 2.45 ERA and started nine games for the Flashes. Mace hasn't pitched since the MAC Conference Tournament, but was awesome in an 11-0 route over Miami. He went seven and struck out eleven. Texas has the obvious home field advantage, but their offense is still a little dodgy + they have looked a little nervy at times. Kent State has nothing to lose here. No one expects them to win, but I think this sets up for another close finish, I think.

KENT STATE +2.5 [+120]

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Hey Phan, I already put in a bet for Texas over 7.5. Think i should get out of it or this might hit?

Thanks.

EaglesPhan36

Sorry missed your post. I would probably not have played the over. Good pitching staffs here. Been a few threatening innings though, so even though it's just 2-0 ... you never know when teams start to press, could mean more runs.

EaglesPhan36

Looks like Kent State is toast. Down 4-0 in the 8th. UT pulling out all the stops, putting Jungmann in now. Small balled to death today by the Horns.

EaglesPhan36

CLEMSON-UCONN OVER 9.5 [-150]
    Looks like UConn will start Greg Nappo today. Nappo was 9-2 with a 2.61 ERA. They pulled him early on Saturday when they jumped out big on Sacred Heart. Looks like the gamble paid off that they could survive to this point. Nappo is not a strikeout artist and he has control problems at-times. He whiffed 48 and walked 37 in 82 IP. The walks could work into big inning potential for Clemson as they have some patient hitters. They drew eight walks in yesterday's game. Clemson still has not announced a pitcher. Guess is Jonathan Meyer who started seven games and started their last ACC tournament game, although he took a ball off the knee in that game and left in the 2nd inning. That injury was why Firth got the start in Game 1. May have worked out for Clemson as well though to have him here if he can manage any lingering soreness. Meyer got most of his starts in ACC play down the stretch. He's not horrible as his 3.21 ERA would suggest, but he usually was able to be gotten to for at least three runs or so in each start and often did not go deep into games. I'm again siding with the hot offenses in this one in spite of the chalky line and hitting the Over fairly substantially.

Regionals Record: 10-8 [+3.25]
    Futures: 1-0 [+1.40]

Would like to do to something balance the futures play I have, but nothing really offers a great hedge. Have the "Field" to beat Clemson in this Regional at +300. So basically, have the Huskies at +300. Gonna let 'er ride and see what happens. Already happy with cashing one future. That was the hope was to at least split and gain some profit.

biff
    dead

Sorry missed your post. I would probably not have played the over. Good pitching staffs here. Been a few threatening innings though, so even though it's just 2-0 ... you never know when teams start to press, could mean more runs.
    No problem, Phan. thanks for replying. Looks like we both lost though...

biff
    dead

odd, i did not see all your other posts till I posted that. I'm pretty sure i refreshed page as well. Well, not going to clutter up your topic. On the uconn over. Let's get it back.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah Texas was too tough today. Gonna be a HUGE Super Regional between them and Arizona State. Easily right now, the sexiest match-up next weekend. If Clemson wins, they get South Carolina. That might surpass ASU-Texas on the sexy scale.

CharlestonCock

Been working all day and have a flag football game tonight but Im still going to get on some games tonight w/ you gentlemen.

CharlestonCock

I think that ORU is a great bet. Any idea who is pitching for them and DB?

biff
    dead

Phan, wish I could get into this as much as you do. I'm just betting this as i can't pick winners and i saw your post haha... It does not help that I have no way to view any games like past years either.

If you got the time I was wondering is Eric Byrnes doing some of the games again this year? was like having an active college baseball player as an announcer, haha. Guy was really laid back and funny.

EaglesPhan36

Update: Moneylines available for these at the SBR book!

I don't think the big annoucers will be there until the Super Regionals next weekend. I think most of the coverage this past weekend was "regional" and local. Did not get to watch a ton, lots of scoreboard hopping and some online viewing when available. I really enjoy college baseball, one of the coolest in-person experiences I have had. Lived in Austin and got to see some UT games. Saw a TCU game this season. I love betting it mostly though just because at least in the last two years I have been betting it, it seems as though the books constantly struggle setting lines and give you opportunities to score some nice money if you can homework your picks and get some good luck! Futures often offer the best investments. Will be looking at those for the Supers and CWS.

ORAL ROBERTS +115 @ SBR BOOK
    For all the reasons I outlined in the write-up a few posts back. Dallas Baptist bats have been held down in Ft.Worth and Oral Roberts seems to be in a solid groove offensively, confidence-wise and has the better pitching.

CharlestonCock

DB is starting Jordan Staples (6-2 4.70). Still not sure who ORU is starting but Guest went the distance last night and didn't have to get into their bullpen at all.

CharlestonCock

Update: Moneylines available for these at the SBR book!

Best news ever. Im going to take UConn, Arizona, and ORU on SBR Book. Right there with you on ORU for some skins. They took the Clem/UConn game off the board at 5 dimes tho . . .

EaglesPhan36

10 betpoints says it comes back up with a higher total.

EaglesPhan36

Back up with the exact same lines. 5Dimes is wacky some times.

CharlestonCock

Nope, back up at Ov 9.5 -150

If Clemson loses this thing they will really be calling for Jack Legs head

EaglesPhan36

Clemson goes with Pohle to pitch, so expect to see a parade of pitchers. 1-2 innings each.

CharlestonCock

Alright im doing a fun parlay UConn ML +240 and Ov 9.5 -180. risking 1 to win 4.3

EaglesPhan36

Great start

bamacards
    bamacards's Avatar Become A Pro!

great thread--really enjoyed reading all the post

EaglesPhan36

Well the bigger play on the over looking good + UConn may cash that future. Wow, f-ing Dallas Baptist took Oral Roberts to the woodshed in the 1st. Damn. Only good thing is there is a long way to go, but spotting them 8 runs? Got em loaded in the bottom of the inning, so maybe we can get some right back. 3 errors by ORU in the 1st. Three unearned runs. If you took the over here, it may cash in the 1st!

First 123456 ... Last