dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

Does Duke really have the best players in college basketball?

I don't watch much NCAAB but was watching today's games. I looked at Duke's starting lineup and 3 of the 5 faces, i thought . The only 2 faces i recognized was Smith and Singler. The other 3 guys look like complete scrubs. Then i look at their bench and just looking at their faces, they look like people who like to study.

I know Duke recruits a certain type of player that is educated and its been well documented and they don't recruit those bad type inner city kids even if they are talented players. But from looking at their team every single year, does anyone else notice how none of their players seem to be athletic at all?Does Duke have any athletic players? All their players look like they play team ball.

Another thing i don't get is how has Duke won so many titles and always is ranked #1 or #2 every year in the tournament. I used to watch many of their games when JJ Redick and Jay Williams were playing and i noticed they have the biggest homecourt advantage ever in their building and they always get the calls from the refs.

I don't think i ever seen a college team more softer than Duke. I know Coach K is the reason for Duke being so successful but has anyone seen a team more vanilla than Duke? I'm wondering, does Duke really get the best players every year? I heard someone mentioned many of their players who are on the bench were McDonald All Americans? Many of the players on their team look like they played in those Catholic Basketball Teams in high school and not inner city ones.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

dont judge teams by skin color idiot

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

They were soft and their softness was exposed tonight. Yes AZ shot lights out but even if they didn't I still feel like AZ would of won bc they just out played duke.

TPowell

softness? They are poorly coached thats about it

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seemed like they thought they would win the second half easy by just showing up and got punched in the mouth instead.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    softness? They are poorly coached thats about it

Poorly coached?

TPowell

Coach K is terrible...... is this new to anyone? A decently coached, half way athletic team gives him problems

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by IAMWINNER View Post
    Seemed like they thought they would win the second half easy by just showing up and got punched in the mouth instead.
    I agree, Arizona jumped on the early after halftime, seems Duke thought they could waltz through and win, they looked like a deer in headlights waiting for one another to step up.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coach K is terrible...... is this new to anyone? A decently coached, half way athletic team gives him problems
    I'll be really pissed if UNC makes it tomorrow. Roy is ten times worse than coach Rat Face.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Last year's final against Butler probably showed that too, he had the greater talent by far, deeper team, longer, more athletic, yet it went down to the wire. Love Stevens though.

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Arizona just played such a physical game. Duke couldn't hope to match that. Just is the difference in both teams. I don't like duke at all but I doubt u can say poorly coached.

TPowell

Don't worry, Buzz Williams is a decent coach and marquette is decently athletic, game will be very close IMO

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Last year's final against Butler probably showed that too, he had the greater talent by far, deeper team, longer, more athletic, yet it went down to the wire. Love Stevens though.

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Duke is soft inside and it showed tonight. Poorly coached? Are you serious?

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

They manage to retain players better cause most aren't 1 and done players.

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

They didn't look too good in the second half there.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
    Duke is soft inside and it showed tonight. Poorly coached? Are you serious?

they have McDonalds All Americans with size. They are poorly coached, yes, get out of your simpleton mindset pal

Holdin Aces

This is new to me. I guess you are going to say Rick Pitino is better? Duke might have underachieved but they have the best coach in the game. There is a reason Kobe wants Coach K and why Jerry Colangelo called upon Coach K to deliver the Gold.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

they have McDonalds All Americans with size. They are poorly coached, yes, get out of your simpleton mindset pal
    Mason Plumlee? There's no way he should be an All American other than the fact he was accepted to Duke...

Same with Ryan Kelly.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Holdin Aces View Post
    This is new to me. I guess you are going to say Rick Pitino is better? Duke might have underachieved but they have the best coach in the game. There is a reason Kobe wants Coach K and why Jerry Colangelo called upon Coach K to deliver the Gold.

CRP is up there when it comes to shitty coaches like Coach K and Roy. Kobe wants Coach K because K is a pushover. Jesus, why do i bother

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Who allowed you to post that boring video about the Big East Tourney and now this nonsense? I don't like Duke but if you think Coach K is a poor coach you shouldn't be capping college basketball. One of the dumbest posts I have ever read!!

Holdin Aces

CRP is up there when it comes to shitty coaches like Coach K and Roy. Kobe wants Coach K because K is a pushover. Jesus, why do i bother

I really don't know why you bother if you honestly believe this.