jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Derrick Rose... Legitimate MVP Contender

I think Derrick Rose is a decent bet to win MVP (this coming from a homer Bulls fan with Rose as his avatar...)

But seriously... the Bulls are now 16-8, and he is the absolute anchor of this team... the guy does everything... no one can stop him from driving, he dishes dimes, gets rebounds, steals, blocks... and now he finally mastered his three-point shot this year... the guy does absolutely everything, not to mention running the offense and controlling the entire game. The next two months will be a testament to how important Rose is to this team now that Noah is out for as many as 10 weeks. With Noah, the Bulls had a small chance to not lose another game until mid-January (seriously, they would've been favored in every game IMO except for maybe Christmas day in MSG, but even that game would've been close to pick 'em. After that their next test is January 8th at home vs Boston but that will be a double revenge spot in Chicago. This 7 game winning streak had a chance to reach 20 with Noah, and the Bulls could have been as many as 10-15 games ahead of 2nd place in the central come mid-January. I think the Bulls will still be a solid team with Noah out (move Boozer over to C and slide Gibson into the PF spot), but Noah was the team's second leader behind Rose, so we will now see Derrick taking full control of the reigns. Let's see what this kid can do!

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

It's gonna be the boozer/rose show for the next 2 months

expect the 2 of them to score about 55+ combined points per game and take over games late. Bulls will also go to a smaller and faster lineup (Boozer, Gibson and Deng as the forwards) so it will be very important that everybody on the team defends and rebounds

I love Noah's game, but I don't think the bulls will lose TOO much with him gone. They are still a very good defensive team and have a ton of weapons on offense

looking at their schedule, they should win every one of their next 10-12 games with MAYBE the exception of the knick game but I think they will win that as well

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I cant wait to see how Boozer performs out the gate

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Would love to see them end up beating the Heat - that is for sure!

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185

Quote Originally Posted by jcubs55 View Post
    I think Derrick Rose is a decent bet to win MVP (this coming from a homer Bulls fan with Rose as his avatar...)

But seriously... the Bulls are now 16-8, and he is the absolute anchor of this team... the guy does everything... no one can stop him from driving, he dishes dimes, gets rebounds, steals, blocks... and now he finally mastered his three-point shot this year... the guy does absolutely everything, not to mention running the offense and controlling the entire game. The next two months will be a testament to how important Rose is to this team now that Noah is out for as many as 10 weeks. With Noah, the Bulls had a small chance to not lose another game until mid-January (seriously, they would've been favored in every game IMO except for maybe Christmas day in MSG, but even that game would've been close to pick 'em. After that their next test is January 8th at home vs Boston but that will be a double revenge spot in Chicago. This 7 game winning streak had a chance to reach 20 with Noah, and the Bulls could have been as many as 10-15 games ahead of 2nd place in the central come mid-January. I think the Bulls will still be a solid team with Noah out (move Boozer over to C and slide Gibson into the PF spot), but Noah was the team's second leader behind Rose, so we will now see Derrick taking full control of the reigns. Let's see what this kid can do!
    Beat the Heat (granted they were beat up with no Lebron and Bosh injured in-game, but Rose put up 34 to outduel Wade)... check

A 10-15 game lead in the division by mid January.... check

Road game without Noah AND Boozer??? NO PROBLEM... first career triple-double!!!..... check

The guy is simply insane!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

A 10-15 game lead in the division by mid January.... check
    One of the two cupcake divisions in the league. The other is the Western-Pacific. 2nd place teams are under .500.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    One of the two cupcake divisions in the league. The other is the Western-Pacific. 2nd place teams are under .500.

Sure, but only 7/41 games were against the division.

Rose is a total freak of nature. He's so driven and focused, it almost seems a little weird and robotic sometimes, when he talks anyways. Dude is all business. I would be shocked if he doesn't win title(s) and if he doesn't it's probably management's fault.

And is Luol Deng the most underrated player in the NBA? Not underpaid, but underrated. He completely dominated Rudy Gay today.

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    Would love to see them end up beating the Heat - that is for sure!

Obliged!! 3-0 Sweep vs. Heat... and it's looking like my prediction is coming into fruition... D Rose EASILY the favorite for MVP as of now

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185

Not the EARLIEST of all calls but still while the season was young... so I'll toot my own horn by bumping this one.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Not the EARLIEST of all calls but still while the season was young... so I'll toot my own horn by bumping this one.
    Did you place a futures wager on this play? If you didnt put money on it, I'm not sure you can really tout your own horn too much....