Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Watched basketball for 35 years..this is a first

Crazy in itself this dude LaMelo pulling up from HALF COURT just because, right? Sure he is a UCLA prospect but this is the best shot 5 guys can get? Whatever. So his defender is actually guarding him to take away... the HALF COURT shot. That also in itself is insane. LaMelo "pulls up" anyway and gets his half court shot BLOCKED.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Half court pull up just part of generation hot dog. Slick pass in second half of video though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

jerkoff kid but will be another great point guard

New Breed cocky and lousy people
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: triplecrown333

OldschoolGambler
    OldschoolGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, he is another Melo
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rizespor

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

if I was the coach I would la mello yello

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

If this doesnt make you root for the Spurs then nothing will. Maybe Mark Jackson was on to something when he said Curry hurts the game.

...and this is one facked up looking shot. Is he pushing it with his thumb on his non-shooting hand?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Shooters are extending their range. Being a Rockets fan, I see many 3 point shots. Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and James Harden are not afraid to take a jump shot from 26-27 feet, and that's with plenty of time still on the shot clock.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    ...and this is one facked up looking shot. Is he pushing it with his thumb on his non-shooting hand?
    Billy have you seen his older brother Lonzo at UCLA? One of the ugliest forms I've ever seen... And he repeatedly drills deep shots. Weird.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

damn Bill Dozer... had forgotten about Bill Dozer..how the hell r u sir... still tending shop..Good..hope all is well

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Mah Bruins!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Crazy in itself this dude LaMelo pulling up from HALF COURT just because, right? Sure he is a UCLA prospect but this is the best shot 5 guys can get? Whatever. So his defender is actually guarding him to take away... the HALF COURT shot. That also in itself is insane. LaMelo "pulls up" anyway and gets his half court shot BLOCKED.
    I'm coaching a youth basketball team and one of the kids jacked up a 40 footer in the 1st quarter of our game on Saturday. I immediately called a timeout, gathered the entire team and grabbed him by his jersey and said for everyone to hear, "you take another shot like that and you will be sitting in the stands next to your mom and dad. Do you understand."

I told the team that showboating, arguing with the refs, taking bad shots, not hustling are all signs of being selfish. You are playing for you and not the team. No one is above the team...
    Points Awarded:

Hu$tle gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq, and bucket2233

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

What was the score, when he did that?? He already has a college scholarship so

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Individual, look at me , entitled kids are here to stay.

HS kids now doing the celebration BS on every single play. Out of control.

Blame ESPN and now social media.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm coaching a youth basketball team and one of the kids jacked up a 40 footer in the 1st quarter of our game on Saturday. I immediately called a timeout, gathered the entire team and grabbed him by his jersey and said for everyone to hear, "you take another shot like that and you will be sitting in the stands next to your mom and dad. Do you understand."

I told the team that showboating, arguing with the refs, taking bad shots, not hustling are all signs of being selfish. You are playing for you and not the team. No one is above the team...
    Coaches at the high school level need to start using that mentality or get lost. That's how the AAU programs and varsity teams were like when I was a kid. Now it's a bunch of jerkoffs coaching every and any sport they can to collect a paycheck in the public sectors. Alot know nothing of the game and just allow the best athletes to do whatever they want without consequence

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Did you also tell them how you support black men breaking womens faces? LOL. Yeah, you're some role model.

You're so full of shit. Go fukk yourself loser.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Wait...Did he make the shot?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

If you can't shoot half court, you shouldn't be playing basketball

Play the game right, take the shot!

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

This is what people mean when they say Steph Curry is bad for basketball

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

this on the coach

unless he is intimidated by the kid like most these days

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Lol youth basketball grabbing him by the jersey

Classy

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

once in school our football coach said we could skip practice if one of our receivers made a shot from half court...guy made it and we all went nuts, guy instantly became a legend...never would have happened if he didn't take the shot

shadymcgrady

Funny is the toniest

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    If you can't shoot half court, you shouldn't be playing basketball

Play the game right, take the shot!
    Funny is the toniest

onebadhombre
    onebadhombre's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's the no defense edition

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Shooters are extending their range. Being a Rockets fan, I see many 3 point shots. Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and James Harden are not afraid to take a jump shot from 26-27 feet, and that's with plenty of time still on the shot clock.
    Anyone have research on whether longer shots create longer offensive rebounds/ more offensive rebounds? There could be a "number of possessions" factor here in play along with general shooting percentage of 3's/ 2 via OFB, versus conventional offense.

NBA game continues to evolve in an interesting way withing existing rules, unlike NFL

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He got it blocked on purpose to set up the drive to the rim for his teammate

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Jamal Crawford 1:11

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Crawford shot it because Jordan was grabbed off the ball but the refs missed it. It should of been a freeroll.

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Crawford shot it because Jordan was grabbed off the ball but the refs missed it. It should of been a freeroll.
    I know. Still funny though

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is going to UCLA??

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Billy have you seen his older brother Lonzo at UCLA? One of the ugliest forms I've ever seen... And he repeatedly drills deep shots. Weird.
    I have... Across his body... No follow through. You expect him to have some cold nights with all that goin against him but it hasn't happened. I think he is a top 2 pick. You?

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    damn Bill Dozer... had forgotten about Bill Dozer..how the hell r u sir... still tending shop..Good..hope all is well
    Happy! I haven't forgot about you my man.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

Coaches at the high school level need to start using that mentality or get lost. That's how the AAU programs and varsity teams were like when I was a kid. Now it's a bunch of jerkoffs coaching every and any sport they can to collect a paycheck in the public sectors. Alot know nothing of the game and just allow the best athletes to do whatever they want without consequence
    I watched a 7th grade AAU game last weekend. The winning team's MVP took home the team's trophy. The player was a high school freshman.

It was a lot like this...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Lol youth basketball grabbing him by the jersey
    Classy
    Maybe I should have grabbed him by the pussy... Oh, you're not on my team.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Did you also tell them how you support black men breaking womens faces? LOL. Yeah, you're some role model.You're so full of shit. Go fukk yourself loser.
    What's so fukked up with you is that you don't even realize that you subconsciously mention that the man was black and don't even address what race the woman was. Nor that she was arrested multiple times, had a current warrant for her arrest, blew smoke in multiple people's faces, spit, pushed and punched a guy and you still think she's innocent because she looks like your inbred sister. You see color, you see gender, you see your white hood in your closet you redneck lil punk. You talk a lot of shit behind your keyboard but we all know you're a little dick coward.

12 Last