BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I heard this rumor around here two days after Durant got traded and then it died down.

Suddenly it's starting to pick up some steam again.

Westbrook to Boston for Bradley, Smart, and a first round draft pick?

Then I heard OKC may go after Blake Griffin when he hits free agency.

Smart played at Oklahoma State and Griffin played at Oklahoma. It seems like they're is talk they want to bring in some homegrown guys.....I'm not sure I buy into all of that speculation.

Anyway, even if Westbrook leaves after next year, I kind of want to see what he can do as the leader of the team.

Westbrook has been acting like he has wanted to stay the last week but who knows. KD said OKC was his home and he wanted to retire his jersey here.

I hope Presti doesn't make a premature move. The team could still fight for a 4 or 5 seed.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

I definitely do it if I was Ainge, but only if you could sign him more than next year.

Bostongambler

I heard talk he wanted to play for the Lakers. But I'm thinking why would he want to do that. I know he is from the area, but they won't be good for some time now.

Bostongambler

Also there was word yesterday that tge Celts were interested in Griffin.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

OKC could get more from Lakers.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    OKC could get more from Lakers.
    The Lakers aren't going to get him this year.

Their strategy is to wait until he becomes a free agent.

Why would the Lakers give up young talent and draft picks when they're going to suck anyway and they could sign him next year? If the Lakers did offer OKC a nice deal I would hope the Thunder would take it. I think the Lakers have some nice young pieces.

Everyone thinks he wants to goto LA.....I understand he is from LA but players don't always want to go home. He can do his fashion stuff anywhere.

Honestly Boston makes the most sense to me. I would be happy for him if he went there and the Celtics would become the team I root for when OKC isn't playing.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

If Westbrick wanted to stay he would have come forward. He's been quiet as a mouse since the decision. It's clear he's an LA type of guy -he dresses like a poof lol. No way in hell he's coming back. They would do well to trade him for Smart & J.Brown. Smart & Oladipo in the same backcourt; now that's something to build on.

IBetYou

- Westbrick knows that if he says he wont re-sign he'll get traded, and if he says he will and doesn't he'll be vilified all the more ...so he says nothing.

Bostongambler

Once again, I'd take it.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

depending who celtics have to get rid of, i would do it.. but celtics already have the pieces to compete

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    depending who celtics have to get rid of, i would do it.. but celtics already have the pieces to compete
    Compete with the flotsam of the East definitely. Compete to win anything? No.

1 player and a Net #1 even for a rent a year for RWB is a must deal. Gives the C`s and Stevens a whole year to show him what it is like to play for a real coach, "in the East", all the while being "THE MAN". Decent chance to re-sign long term.

I hope to hell they don`t end up with Griffen. Dude is from the Dwight Howard school of under achieving, over rated
    players of all-time.

IBetYou

Griffin is the better fit in Boston. I don't think they're moving i.thomas, and westbrick isn't a 2-guard.

IBetYou

J.Crowder/ Olynyk/ nets pick -> Griffin

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Griffin looks like a Celtic

IBetYou

lol