will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Knicks Over 43.5 Wins Is an OUTRIGHT STEAL!

I'm scouting out some books for some good prices (still plenty of time and I don't think Phil Jackson is done yet) Expect Joakim Noah to be the perfect fit. He's already working out with Melo and is New York home grown. Noah and KP would be deadly. Noah is all about the team and defense. Throw last season out.
    Courtney Lee (3 and D) thinks this team has title hopes (He's been with a lot of teams and know's what's true and not true.
    Brandon Jennings has something to prove after not getting drafted by NYK--scorer 6th man
    Of course, Melo and Porzingis. Porzingis and his international teammate will both be a factor.Lance Thomas isn't a scrub.He's come up with timely plays in 2015-2016.

Of course, this team will come down to Derrick Rose and he was on point at the end of last season. I think Noah goes back to being the 2013-2014 Noah.

43.5 Wins is a steal, Atlantic Division will be a nice price (more importantly winnable) and for a bit of a lottery pick, Eastern Conference if you have money to risk.

Mark my words, Phil Jackson will have one more "Bomb"-addition and this team is as deep and or deeper than anyone. I know all of the Knick haters are out there and I wasn't high on some picks (due to price), but this team has major talent and more importantly, the pieces fit. 50 wins EASY!

I'm going 43.5 Wins Over the total, will have to see division price to see if the value is there and if not,taking a risk on Eastern Conference (If I see astronomical odds- I've seen anywhere from 28 to 50/1)

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Who in the Eastern Conference is so good that this team can't beat them? Cleveland is top-notch,but I don't like the depth on that team. Lebron tweeting players like Dellavadova good luck before Delly even becomes a Buck. Aside from Lebron and Kyrie, that's it! Knicks go 7 to 8 players deep. Team depth, there's no comparison.

I know its a dogfight, but the Knicks are hungry and Phil Jackson won't be embarrassed. Use every bit of Dolan's money

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Rose injury prone

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

41-41

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

Rose is made out of glass, and Jennings is coming back from serious injury. Noah , eh. Also we shall see how Anthony does under different players. I do think Porzingis will add even more this year with one year under his belt . Maybe a 500 team at best. But good luck.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Whole knicks team injury prone

Anthony brittle now

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Bulls Cleveland Miami Detroit all dangerous

They may compete

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Bulls Cleveland Miami Detroit all dangerous

They may compete
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave new era 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hell'sKitchen43
    Hell'sKitchen43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Might put a small play on this if I can grab it at 43/43.5 but nothing higher. I do think this team has potential though

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

UNDER 43.5 looks great although I would never tie up money that long unless I am getting good + odds. .500 team AT BEST, probably worse than that.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Who in the Eastern Conference is so good that this team can't beat them? Cleveland is top-notch,but I don't like the depth on that team. Lebron tweeting players like Dellavadova good luck before Delly even becomes a Buck. Aside from Lebron and Kyrie, that's it! Knicks go 7 to 8 players deep. Team depth, there's no comparison.

I know its a dogfight, but the Knicks are hungry and Phil Jackson won't be embarrassed. Use every bit of Dolan's money
    You are overrating Phil as a GM and Knicks team in general, they are still a below average team.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

They will be lucky to win 35. Phil is a joke. Kobe and Michael made him and he never drafted either. Melo hasn't won shit since boehim. PASS

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Noah is broken. Only question is whether it's his shoulder, knees, feet or something else that gives out first. He can't jump multiple effort like he used to. The activity and athleticism that made him great are just not coming back. He's still a smart player and team guy and a winner, but he's physically broken. He should just be a coach soon.

Rose, who knows. He'll be better, but again physically can't elevate like he used to.

.500 looks about right.
    Last edited by d2bets; 07-09-16 at 01:18 PM.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Phil will be fired or resigned by end of next year so my take is the Knicks suck both years

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    UNDER 43.5 looks great although I would never tie up money that long unless I am getting good + odds. .500 team AT BEST, probably worse than that.
    End thread

Terrible investment strategy

Tie up $$$ for the entire season

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    End thread

Terrible investment strategy

Tie up $$$ for the entire season
    It is not a blanket statement though, nothing wrong with tying money on, i.e., a +EV 40/1 Future bet.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It is not a blanket statement though, nothing wrong with tying money on, i.e., a +EV 40/1 Future bet.
    You are correct, there are certainly times it's worth it and it offers plenty of opportunity at a later date to guarantee a nice profit

But he's likely paying -110 or -120, no way in hell

I really like CLE to win the Championship at 4-1, but I'm not going to tie anything up for a season on 4-1

Boston 20-1, sure.

phillysportsguy
    phillysportsguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

THe warriors are gonna be pretty good IMO

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm scouting out some books for some good prices (still plenty of time and I don't think Phil Jackson is done yet) Expect Joakim Noah to be the perfect fit. He's already working out with Melo and is New York home grown. Noah and KP would be deadly. Noah is all about the team and defense. Throw last season out.
    Courtney Lee (3 and D) thinks this team has title hopes (He's been with a lot of teams and know's what's true and not true.
    Brandon Jennings has something to prove after not getting drafted by NYK--scorer 6th man
    Of course, Melo and Porzingis. Porzingis and his international teammate will both be a factor.Lance Thomas isn't a scrub.He's come up with timely plays in 2015-2016.

Of course, this team will come down to Derrick Rose and he was on point at the end of last season. I think Noah goes back to being the 2013-2014 Noah.

43.5 Wins is a steal, Atlantic Division will be a nice price (more importantly winnable) and for a bit of a lottery pick, Eastern Conference if you have money to risk.

Mark my words, Phil Jackson will have one more "Bomb"-addition and this team is as deep and or deeper than anyone. I know all of the Knick haters are out there and I wasn't high on some picks (due to price), but this team has major talent and more importantly, the pieces fit. 50 wins EASY!

I'm going 43.5 Wins Over the total, will have to see division price to see if the value is there and if not,taking a risk on Eastern Conference (If I see astronomical odds- I've seen anywhere from 28 to 50/1)
    Just a week ago you posted the following...

"Are you kidding me. Much respect for Noah but as we saw recently, he's not the same player that he once was. I would actually say Robin Lopez was better. Phil shouldve stuck to coaching. Damn it!"

Are you schizophrenic?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

"Are you kidding me. Much respect for Noah but as we saw recently, he's not the same player that he once was. I would actually say Robin Lopez was better. Phil shouldve stuck to coaching. Damn it!"

Are you schizophrenic?
    no just a retard

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It will take a miracle for this to go over the total

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Personnel will be led by bona fide overpaid, injury prone, career losers. No thanks.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Goes over, but not by much and not worth it. 44-38. Playoffs.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

You are overrating Phil as a GM and Knicks team in general, they are still a below average team.
    I'm not overrating Phil as a GM- He's a head coach and former player. Those were his specialties. Now it comes down to reputation and he doesn't want to lose his spot as top dog. He will do anything and everything to acquire the proper players. Some work out and some don't. In his 70's, his time is limited. I've been a Knicks fan for 40 out of my almost 45 years of life. I've seen Phil Jackson play as I'm sure you have. He doesn't care if he makes errors. The ultimate goal is a championship and this team is a lot closer than they were before due to talent and depth. These are perfect fits and players like Noah will "get a 2nd wind" in a place like this. I thought Noah was a lousy pickup, but I realized the intestinal fortitude that he possesses. Each player has a role. If Derrick Rose stays healthy, he will make a huge difference. He's not some bum off the street. He's a former MVP with a lot left in the tank. Also,Brandon Jennings is going to want a raise and he was a damn good player with the Bucks. If he's the 6th best player on the team, this is a damn good team .Over 43.5 EASY

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    Personnel will be led by bona fide overpaid, injury prone, career losers. No thanks.
    Chicago Bulls were Losers? Bullshit. Noah and Rose almost made it to the Finals. Do your homework. Anthony was on a winning Denver team and a championship in college. He's also one of the most prolific scorers in the game. Porzingis had a spectacular rookie season at 7 foot 3 as the number 4 pick .Don't tell me he's a loser. Courtney Lee has been on winning teams. You can say Brandon Jennings has been on shit teams, but he's a scorer and the Knicks need it. There also might be one more big move to come. Jackson tries to fit players such as Afflalo and Lopez and if they don't work out, they're instantly gone. I like what he's done. Unfortunately the players are overpaid. Depth on this team will lead them to 44 + wins

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

Are you schizophrenic?
    I thought about it and when you're playing with Paul Gasol in the middle, your spot on the team changes as Noah does the dirty work .He's ALREADY working out with Melo. This tells me that time is getting short at 31 and 32 years old and they want to make an immediate impact. Offense isn't Noah's game. I also think that his attitude is just as important as his play and he's the ultimate team player. Find me a better team player than Joakim Noah. By the way Zam77, Noah won 2 NCAA Titles in Florida under Billy Donovan. Loser??? No way!

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Everyone makes their own choices. I'm sure the people who took the 1999 Rams at 200/1 were thrilled that they tied up money. It's all about the odds and what you're willing to sacrifice. Everyone is in a different financial situation. I would tie up some money on some astronomical odds as I think Phil is ready to make one more move. This is almost like investing in stock to me. The Eastern Conference is very weak no matter what anyone says an will be weaker this season. New York could sneak up on some teams and I've seen some crazy odds at some books. Like a stock, you wait for the stock TO BOTTOM OUT. I'm waiting to get the Knicks at the best price possible, which is basically looking for them TO BOTTOM OUT where appeal is concerned or odds makers looking to tease guys like me.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

does not deserve the risk unless Odds are +200 or more

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I thought about it and when you're playing with Paul Gasol in the middle, your spot on the team changes as Noah does the dirty work .He's ALREADY working out with Melo. This tells me that time is getting short at 31 and 32 years old and they want to make an immediate impact. Offense isn't Noah's game. I also think that his attitude is just as important as his play and he's the ultimate team player. Find me a better team player than Joakim Noah. By the way Zam77, Noah won 2 NCAA Titles in Florida under Billy Donovan. Loser??? No way!
    Noah is a professional and a great guy and commands respect, but his body is flat out shot in multiple ways. One more shoulder dislocation and he'll be out again for the year. No way he should have gotten 4 years. There is zero chance he makes it 4 years.

Rose is also a harder worker than people give him credit for, but he can't elevate like he used to.

Anthony hot getting any younger either.

5 years ago that would have been a nice trio.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Noah is 31, Rose is injury-prone, Melo may not like playing second fiddle and the Knicks are every square's darling; under is the play.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Knicks a clown franchise