Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how can you not give kerr coach of the year though? his team made history. phil jackson won coach of the year for his 1995-96 bulls. you can say the same thing about that bulls team.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by HendoNation View Post
    What about Pop? He's always had Duncan/Parker/Ginobli so does he not deserve his 3 COTYs?
    enough of the Pop bullshit already

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

Quote Originally Posted by HendoNation View Post
    This is silly. I understand your points, and if the team topped out at 70 wins, maybe I'd agree, but this was the best regular season of all time. No brainer you have to give it to him.

Did Phil Jackson not deserve it in 95-96 either?

This.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

You are correct it's a disgrace he didn't win it last year too, he did one of the hardest things a coach can do; turn a playoff team into a championship team with hardly any roster changes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

kerr really coaches Curry taking 30 ft shots with 2 guys on him
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I agree actually. Rarely do I think coach of the team with the best record deserves Coach of the Year, that award should go to a coach that got more from his team than was expected.
    Exactly.

People do the same thing with League MVP; they think it's an additional scoring title trophy or best player on the best team trophy.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16957

This award is meaningless. How many people can remember last years winner without looking it up?

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

How does Dave Joeger finish 7th??? The most players to ever play on an NBA team in one season, most being D League guys and old washups, yet still makes the playoffs

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp1 View Post
    How does Dave Joeger finish 7th??? The most players to ever play on an NBA team in one season, most being D League guys and old washups, yet still makes the playoffs
    Common they were like 4-17 down the stretch

kosso
    kosso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    how can you not give kerr coach of the year though? his team made history. phil jackson won coach of the year for his 1995-96 bulls. you can say the same thing about that bulls team.
    Exactly. there are other great coaches who made competitive teams out of nothing, like celts, but its just the wrong year. Warrors finished with best record ever in nba and theres no way you can give coach of the year to anybody else in 2016.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Do other GMs really think Walton is a good coach, just because of what happened this year? I really find that odd, unless he was well thought of before this year.
    Its probably some secret sauce thinking. If I hire the guy over there that was a part of that, then my guys will buy in to it and we get to copy them. Kind of like how all the teams went small ball even when they shouldnt have.

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I'm liking what Mr. Dozer says about the under on whoever Luke coaches next year. I think that would be my first season total future bet ever. I think it would have to fit the criteria though of him trying to transform a team into the Warriors that has no business doing such.
    Right. He could coach a Toronto or Portland and be OK IMO. Maybe even good. If the Knicks added him and the books added a few wins because of only that ... worth a look at the under.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post

Well I think he is smart enough not to try force fit a system on a roster that doesn't match, but he and almost any other coach is not gonna make a bad team good. It just doesn't happen in the NBA.

I think a lot of GMs pick these coaches based on style. Mike D'Antoni was hired to bring excitement to his clubs and get numbers up... air it out. Thibs is in Sota to bring structure and defense to a club already running wild. GMs hire ANYONE out of San Antonio like they are Harvard graduates.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by kosso View Post
    Exactly. there are other great coaches who made competitive teams out of nothing, like celts, but its just the wrong year. Warrors finished with best record ever in nba and theres no way you can give coach of the year to anybody else in 2016.
    I wonder (but not enough to look) what the correlation of MVP winners to Coach OY winners is? Or even a step further coaches- who won it who had the MVP that year OR the year before. Curry did make them look good. You could argue that if you subtract Curry they have a worse record than the Spurs without Kawhi and therefore Spurs had the better coach.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Walton to become is the worst coach in NBA history if he takes the next job

Never forget players make coaches not the other way around

First 12