The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Lot of homo love for the young white coach

Whites just lovin on whites in this thread

And then theres Grits, not sure why he's Uncle Tom'n, not usually your style grits

Stevens is an average coach, if he were black, everyone would be calling foe his job tonight.

Guy just got blown out by 30, give me mark jackson or derek fisher over him

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston is done they had a good run though

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

KG will still be on Minny roster next season. Unless Clips buy Pierce out he will play the next 2 seasons for them.
    Pierce didnt get a lot of endorsements. I think he needs the money otherwise would retire. He had 3 fouls in 8 minutes last night. 0-3 FG on a team where they probably tried out the ballboy. He cant score or defend. I'll bet ya anything he is in Boston next yr. Possibly coaching staff the yr after?

I love Rondo and hated seeing him get scapegoated towards end of time in Boston but I don't see him coming back to Celtics. To pick up a Durant or Horford they need to figure out who is expendable. Turner and Sullinger are UFA so they could be used in a sign and trade. Bradley or Smart may have to be dealt in any big deal as well.
    No one on the C's are untouchable. Ainge is managing the team like real estate assets with not sentimental value for the property he is currently living in.

Celtics will be in the mix for title in 2018.
    Ill be bold and say 17. Cavs are fragile and on decline. It's about timing right? East is weak. Pistons, Celts and Hornets primed to finish top half of East. Heat, Hawks, Raptors peaked IMO. Cavs are one old-man injury away from bottom 4.

jjgold

Pierce must of blew a lot of money

No idea how though

It is over tonight.......next year Thomas cannot be a ball hog though if they want to get to the next level

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Lot of homo love for the young white coach

Whites just lovin on whites in this thread

And then theres Grits, not sure why he's Uncle Tom'n, not usually your style grits

Stevens is an average coach, if he were black, everyone would be calling foe his job tonight.

Guy just got blown out by 30, give me mark jackson or derek fisher over him
    You should check your tone.

Color doesn't matter. Stevens is a tremendous basketball coach. He gets the players and that is more important than x's and o's. When the players believe in you and your philosophy it leads to winning. You don't make it to 2 ncaa finals without a ton of legit talent on team by accident. He sees the game in a way most coaches do not.

Fisher is a horrible human being and will never make for a good coach. Jackson is too abrasive for many teams. He can coach though.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Game 6.... Thomas claims he's not injured... but looked like sh#$ in Game 5.

Man... let's see if Atlanta smells blood in the water or not? We'll see what kind of playoff team they are tonight.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Pierce didnt get a lot of endorsements. I think he needs the money otherwise would retire. He had 3 fouls in 8 minutes last night. 0-3 FG on a team where they probably tried out the ballboy. He cant score or defend. I'll bet ya anything he is in Boston next yr. Possibly coaching staff the yr after?

No one on the C's are untouchable. Ainge is managing the team like real estate assets with not sentimental value for the property he is currently living in.

Ill be bold and say 17. Cavs are fragile and on decline. It's about timing right? East is weak. Pistons, Celts and Hornets primed to finish top half of East. Heat, Hawks, Raptors peaked IMO. Cavs are one old-man injury away from bottom 4.
    Pierce is set money wise. When you can make 10 million for 3 years at back end of career though you have to take it. He gets a bunch of local LA money too.

Not a fan of Ainge. McHale gave Celts KG and a ring. What he does with his assets the next 2 seasons will be interesting to watch. If he knows he cannot get Durant he needs to see if Stevens believes Cousins can fit in on team and get him.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

No quick fix for the Celtics. They have decent players, but they're building around role players -sort of an inverted building model as most teams build around stars. Seems Ainge's strategy is to poach a star from another team.

I prefer the lotto build method, but you can obviously do really well or really badly via either route.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Hawks with the checkmate on Stevens tonight.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Stevens couldn't get it done, it happens. But he's a great coach, so maybe if he surrounds himself with great staff and a great team, he'll win some playoff games.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Longtime Celtics fan, right on Ainge. McHale gift wrapped Title 17 for them. Ainge has missed on a bunch of first-rounders, remember Fab Melo? James Young will be cut he's so bad, another 1st round bust. I don't like Smart at all, awful shooter. Bradley going down doomed Boston. He's their most valuable player, not best (Thomas) but most valuable. No outside shooting without him.

Not a fan of Ainge. McHale gave Celts KG and a ring. What he does with his assets the next 2 seasons will be interesting to watch. If he knows he cannot get Durant he needs to see if Stevens believes Cousins can fit in on team and get him.

jjgold

Thomas would be a good six man think he's too small to take a team to the next level

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Longtime Celtics fan, right on Ainge. McHale gift wrapped Title 17 for them. Ainge has missed on a bunch of first-rounders, remember Fab Melo? James Young will be cut he's so bad, another 1st round bust. I don't like Smart at all, awful shooter. Bradley going down doomed Boston. He's their most valuable player, not best (Thomas) but most valuable. No outside shooting without him.
    Fab Melo! You are going to bust his chops for taking a chance on the 22nd pick? Name a player who isnt Draymond Green (whos head coach didnt even start until Kerr got there) that he should have taken?

Jupiter333
    Jupiter333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1644

Stevens a great coach with no players.....taking Butler to the final four twice shows his quality. It's similar to Larry Bird's Indiana State team going to the finals....you're not doing it unless you are superstar quality. Ainge has been very astute in piling up draft picks and maybe a couple of them turn out to be really good players. I'd go after Love and Durrant. I'll bet that Love and Durrant will both bolt to go somewhere else, but perhaps there would have to be some kind of agreement of a couple of players together to go to the same team (like the Heat with Lebron and Bosh) because they are more than one player away from being serious contenders.

Avery Bradley is the only Celtic who could start for a championship team.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Young...awful pick. Fab Melo don't even remember him. Disagree on Marcus Smart. He's a starting PG in this league. He has the size to defend any pg in the nba and disrupt them. He also can work on his jumper. A lot of good pgs never had a jumper. He's tough, can rebound, gets steals, blocks, can assist, can drive to the basket. Plenty to be happy about with smart. He's gonna be a good nba player--probably better in the future than anyone on the celtics right now, including Thomas.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave Goat Milk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

James Young will be cut he's so bad, another 1st round bust.
    Who do you take ahead of him. Do you bust his chops for not picking Jordan Clarkson who was passed over 44 other times? IMO you cant really bust a guys chops for taking chances at the end of the first rd. Ainge wasnt looking for serviceable pieces at end of the bench to make a championship run. He was takin shots down field.

First 12