Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

2015/16 NBA Thread

Been looking forward to this for a while. Let's get to work

Surprised we don't have lines for opening day yet (outside of the 1 or 2 books who posted them in September). Typically they're up by Saturday evening.

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Seto GL to you. I'm f*ck*d, because i can't wager in my country at moment...

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    Seto GL to you. I'm f*ck*d, because i can't wager in my country at moment...
    Thanks - I noticed quite a few gambling sites are blocked in Portugal when I was there over the summer. What's up with that?

twinkeelitoo
    twinkeelitoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 637

hi, anyone can help me find an app on android that monitors lines and odds? thanks

freeeze
    freeeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Good luck on the season, Seto.

Any thoughts on opening night? I haven't had a chance to look closely at the games yet but I'm thinking Bulls should be able to beat Cleveland with Kyrie and LeBron(and possibly Tristan Thompson) being not in best shape. Also Bulls got the playoffs revenge factor which will probably give them a bit of extra motivation that puts them over the top to get the W.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by freeeze View Post
    Good luck on the season, Seto.

Any thoughts on opening night? I haven't had a chance to look closely at the games yet but I'm thinking Bulls should be able to beat Cleveland with Kyrie and LeBron(and possibly Tristan Thompson) being not in best shape. Also Bulls got the playoffs revenge factor which will probably give them a bit of extra motivation that puts them over the top to get the W.
    Thanks same to you

I like the Bulls and Warriors early but I have to see if I can get the best numbers. I missed out on the CRIS opener of 8.5 on the Warriors which is a shame. I expect the Bulls to pull out a close game in the opener, honestly I thought I might go big on it when the schedule was released but I'm not so sure anymore. They still should be able to win.

I like games on Wednesday more though. I've circled the Spurs/Thunder game. I'd be quite surprised if OKC didn't win that game easily.

freeeze

Couldn't resist putting a bit on Bulls after seeing Marathonbet had their ML at -118.

Why are you so sure about OKC? Parker is definitely in bad shape but the other Spurs should be alright. You counting on the OKC big three being pumped up to get the win in front of their home crowd after the disappointing(due to injuries but still) last season?

Not sure if that would necessarily translate to a win, but I'm thinking that Minny should be very motivated on Wednesday after the tragic news about Flip Saunders. KG's had quite a relationship with him through the years and I'm pretty sure he'll get everyone ready for the game. Also, Indiana will most likely play at a much faster pace this year without Hibbert and West and if the books don't fully adjust to that it might be worth betting the over for their game vs Toronto on Wednesday.

Seto

Couldn't resist putting a bit on Bulls after seeing Marathonbet had their ML at -118.

Why are you so sure about OKC? Parker is definitely in bad shape but the other Spurs should be alright. You counting on the OKC big three being pumped up to get the win in front of their home crowd after the disappointing(due to injuries but still) last season?

Not sure if that would necessarily translate to a win, but I'm thinking that Minny should be very motivated on Wednesday after the tragic news about Flip Saunders. KG's had quite a relationship with him through the years and I'm pretty sure he'll get everyone ready for the game. Also, Indiana will most likely play at a much faster pace this year without Hibbert and West and if the books don't fully adjust to that it might be worth betting the over for their game vs Toronto on Wednesday.
    Yes I'm expecting a strong effort by the Thunder and I also think the Spurs will start sluggishly this season.

I hate betting games between 2 bad teams but I definitely see the angle on Minny. Let's wait to see what the line is there before we make a move.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

beautiful time of the year.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Seto what are your thoughts on season props/futures for this year.

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Good luck this season Seto.

Will be following for support

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    beautiful time of the year.
    Agreed

Especially since everything else in sports I support is going to shite right now... good to focus on gambling now. Although I'd like Dallas to have a good season if possible.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Seto what are your thoughts on season props/futures for this year.
    In terms of win totals the only one I like is Knicks over. I think they win way more than 29/30 or whatever. I have them as a .500 team if they can avoid injuries. I also took a shot at the division crown at +1700, Toronto is still obviously the favourite but they haven't made any adjustments to a team that completely fell apart in the second half of the year and the playoffs so I could see them struggling again this year.

As far as the actual good teams, the West is obviously very hard to pick as usual but I think in a 7 game series I'd take the Spurs over anyone else. I took them +700 to win it all when the Aldridge news broke out and am happy to see it's down to +400. I wouldn't take it now, especially since I think they might start slow so I wouldn't be surprised if the odds are better in a month or so.

In the East I think your Bulls can beat the Cavs again. Literally no reason for me to change my mind since both rosters are pretty much identical to what they were last year and I still think I made the right pick last year given the odds. The coaching change is probably a good thing, it seems the players were done with Thibs and the offense looks a lot more fluid from the clips I've seen. The only thing I'm not convinced about is Mirotic being given such a large role. A healthy Miami team could be a dark horse too. Everyone else is irrelevant. I sort of thought Indiana could get in that mix too but their depth stinks. Let's see if they make moves though - obviously a lot of things could still happen.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by SiMON2g View Post
    Good luck this season Seto.

Will be following for support

Seto

Warriors-9 -110 (betcris) (risking 4.4x to win 4x)

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Warriors-9 -110 (betcris) (risking 4.4x to win 4x)
    BOL this year - you are not a fan of fading the ring ceremony on opening night?

been profitable.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    BOL this year - you are not a fan of fading the ring ceremony on opening night?

been profitable.
    Thanks

Not really actually, I mean it's 1-2 the last 3 years. I did take Boston in 2012 over Miami trying to play that angle and it didn't work. I get the "playoff revenge/ring ceremony" thing but the reality is that angle has been applicable for all 3 of the last season openers and it's only cashed once.

My angle here is that the whole talk is about how Golden State was lucky to win a ring and they played injured teams etc etc. I expect a strong effort from them in that game. Also New Orleans has done basically nothing to improve their team. I might fade them in Portland the following day as well.
    Last edited by Seto; 10-26-15 at 02:15 PM.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

seto, did you happen to catch 1vice's nba promo? choose a team and double your winnings every time that team covers?

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    seto, did you happen to catch 1vice's nba promo? choose a team and double your winnings every time that team covers?
    Don't have an account there - in fact never heard of them. I'll take a look.

edit/ SBR only gives them a C. Why is that?

Seto

Thunder-4.5 -110 (justbet) (risking 1.65x to win 1.5x) - reason I'm not putting more here is I actually have already... there were softer lines available during the past few weeks at some books so i have already booked a few bets. obviously since i didn't post them there i won't count them towards the record or anything, bur ftr i have bulls-2, knicks+7.5/ml, magic+5/ml, thunder-2

mlb

Thunder-4.5 -110 (justbet) (risking 1.65x to win 1.5x) - reason I'm not putting more here is I actually have already... there were softer lines available during the past few weeks at some books so i have already booked a few bets. obviously since i didn't post them there i won't count them towards the record or anything, bur ftr i have bulls-2, knicks+7.5/ml, magic+5/ml, thunder-2
    Really like this one - a chance to prove themselves right off the bat verse the overhyped spurs

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

hmm not sure. I have had an account there for a few months. managed to cash out once. same day pay. have heard they have limited players in the past which makes it a longer process to rollover. but i have never had issues with that as i am not a big time player

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    Really like this one - a chance to prove themselves right off the bat verse the overhyped spurs
    Spurs aren't overhyped but they might take some time to gel. Fading them against bad teams will still be hard but against a good team that as you say will be playing to prove a point, this seems like a good opportunity.

Let's not forget OKC owns the Spurs in the regular season when Durant is healthy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

bol

freeeze

Which books do these early lines apart from bwin and Marathonbet?

Seto

Which books do these early lines apart from bwin and Marathonbet?
    Paddy have had their lines up since late September I think.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    bol
    thanks

freeeze

Paddy have had their lines up since late September I think.
    Neat, hopefully my UK card is ready for next week at least.

Btw, who's going to play for your Mavs on Wednesday and what shape are they in? Dirk, Harris and Pachulia look like the only decent players who are available for the game but I don't see how they will hold off the young and fast-paced Suns team.

Seto

Neat, hopefully my UK card is ready for next week at least.

Btw, who's going to play for your Mavs on Wednesday and what shape are they in? Dirk, Harris and Pachulia look like the only decent players who are available for the game but I don't see how they will hold off the young and fast-paced Suns team.
    Wes Matthews and Deron Williams both suited up and played about 15 minutes in the preseason finale. I see no reason for them not to play tomorrow. Parsons and McGee should still be out however.

Starters probably Deron, Felton, Matthews, Dirk, Zaza, main bench guys will be Harris, Barea, Jenkins and Powell I think. Maybe Jeremy Evans or the Rookie Anderson. Plenty of small lienups to be expected since they waived Dalembert, McGee is not healthy yet, and I wouldn't expect Zaza to be out there for more than 25 or 30 minutes.

As far as making a pick I don't have much interest in this game tbh. No doubt Tyson Chandler will want to get one over Cuban if you see that as an angle. I really don't have any particular feel or angle that would make me want to bet this game.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Good luck seto

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

howd you do last year?

greally311
    greally311's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apologies just getting started on this thread. Can someone point me in the direction of the rules and if there is a previous years thread? More than happy to do some searching on that thread.

mlb

Spurs aren't overhyped but they might take some time to gel. Fading them against bad teams will still be hard but against a good team that as you say will be playing to prove a point, this seems like a good opportunity.

Let's not forget OKC owns the Spurs in the regular season when Durant is healthy.
    agreed on tough to fade them against crappy teams - I just am not ready to crown a team again with a Parker/Ginobli combo still there. They are aging and it showed for the majority of last year. They do have plenty of other pieces, but I am not penciling them in.

lets get the thunder tomorrow!

1234 ... Last