JoJo5473
    JoJo5473's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3046

Someone please help me with "points off turnovers"

More specifically is "points off turnovers" the points scored off the opposing team's turnovers or the points given away to the opponents by commiting turnovers?

I always thought it was the former but when I was reading the boxscore of a WNBA game today I got confused.

http://espn.go.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=400610645

Above is a game played between Connecticut Suns and Atlanta Dream, in there it says in the boxscore that the points off turnovers for Atlanta Dream is 31, so I thought the Dream scored 31 points off the Suns' turnovers.

Then it says in the game recap that "Atlanta committed 25 turnovers, which led to 31 points for the Sun."

Someone please help me out here.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Interesting... pretty sure you were right the first time. All about context here i think.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

When you here someone say the Spurs scored 20pts off turnovers it obviously doesn't mean they conceded 20pts off their own turnovers...

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

WNBA is tripping. You were right first time.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo5473 View Post
    More specifically is "points off turnovers" the points scored off the opposing team's turnovers or the points given away to the opponents by commiting turnovers?

I always thought it was the former but when I was reading the boxscore of a WNBA game today I got confused.
    It means the latter.