KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

What is the etiquette with the whole moratorium process. Once players give their word that they are signing with another team, is the prior team suppose to lay off?

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

and now the Wes Matthews deal is worth $70M over 4 years. wow, this has gone from bad to worse very quickly. $17M+ for a guy turning 29 y/o coming off an achilles is almost a poison pill. even worse, he's a player who's never taken his conditioning seriously.

Cuban did the right thing by asking Matthews to sign somewhere else now, but Matthews took the deal anyway. and no wonder he did, as he would've only been paid $57M had Jordan signed. heck, even the Kings only offered Matthews $64M.

this is an unmitigated disaster now for the Mavs. they won't be able to move Matthews any earlier than 3 years and even trading him then won't get them anything in return.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Instead of ignoring certain posters, it would be nice if SBR had a feature where I could choose which posters responses I wanted to see. It would make this forum so much more palatable.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    and now the Wes Matthews deal is worth $70M over 4 years. wow, this has gone from bad to worse very quickly. $17M+ for a guy turning 29 y/o coming off an achilles is almost a poison pill. even worse, he's a player who's never taken his conditioning seriously.

Cuban did the right thing by asking Matthews to sign somewhere else now, but Matthews took the deal anyway. and no wonder he did, as he would've only been paid $57M had Jordan signed. heck, even the Kings only offered Matthews $64M.

this is an unmitigated disaster now for the Mavs. they won't be able to move Matthews any earlier than 3 years and even trading him then won't get them anything in return.
    I'm not sure why Cuban doesn't understand he can't win with dirk again. It was a once in a lifetime everything falling into place title.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Poor Dirk taking huge pay cuts so they can overpay Parsons and Matthews (and almost DJ).

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I'm not sure why Cuban doesn't understand he can't win with dirk again. It was a once in a lifetime everything falling into place title.
    i think he's known that for a couple years now, but he and Dirk are very close friends. and Dirk obviously left a ton of money on the table to help the franchise attract FA's, so under that condition, he's been worth a lot more to the Mavs than with anyone else up until this point.

that said, Cuban has probably told Dirk he'll trade him to a contender if Dirk wants. of course, Dirk's said numerous times he wants to retire a Mav and would rather retire than play elsewhere, but maybe he'll change his mind now that this has happened. with only $17M due over the next 2 seasons, every contender would take him in a second. he's the Mavs only trade asset at this point. they literally have no one else since both of their 'building blocks' (Parsons & Matthews) are both poison pills with respect to their salaries and major injuries.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Cuban taking care of dirk for life. No worries.

Jordan's word means nothing. Guy is too scared to be great. He'd rather hide behind Blake, and Paul, who've yet to show greatness.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Good. Dallas is going nowhere. They keep trying to hold on when in reality they need to start from scratch.

Dirk can't play anymore. It's over for him. Until he retires, Dallas won't be able to do anything.

As for the Clippers, I'm glad they re-signed Jordan. I'd rather see a full strength Clippers team duke it out with the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, etc.
    You'll see the same style that continues to fail for them along with a pg that will never be a champion. They aren't going to battle anything out they are merely a placeholder for another team. Every year these losers are going to fail. Beat one team and then fail. I wish Jordan had left then maybe we could of seen a desperate team not a team who thinks it's good enough to win a championship when it's so very far from it.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    lol this is the leagues doing. they want the clippers as close to that championship as they can get. Cuban threw them a curveball and now they are fixing it.
    The league doesn't need the clippers anywhere. If you really believe this it's sad

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The league doesn't need the clippers anywhere. If you really believe this it's sad
    it is sad for guys like u who think this league is all on the up and up cause u are the typical clueless fan.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    it is sad for guys like u who think this league is all on the up and up cause u are the typical clueless fan.
    Did i say the league is on the up and up? No i said the league doesnt need the clippers to be at the top. They were a corrupt league for a while and the clippers suck. There are plenty of teams in the west that draw plenty of interest from fans thats why the clippers arent a necessity. If youre going to spout off corruption thats fine but at least make it a sellable argument

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

At least he apologized

First 12