KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

I don't get NBA contracts anymore

Demarre Carroll - 4 years $60 million
    Thaddeus Young - 4 years $50 million
    Danny Green - 4 years $45 million
    Khris Middleton - 5 years $70 million

All those guys are nice players, but solid role players are now getting 10-12 mill a year? Maybe times are changing, i remember when solid role guys earned 4-6 mill a most.

And then you have your group of overpaid good players:

Brook Lopez - 3 years $60 million
    Goran Dragic - 5 years $90 million
    Milsap got offered 4 years $80 million by Orlando
    I read somewhere that Derozan is going to try to get $25 million next year in free agency

I can't wait to see some of these other contracts that get signed in the next week.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

Inflation is a motha

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Inflation is a motha
    Cap rising in 2 years is the answer.....

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Cap is rising. I don't recall the exact percentage, but its very high. Max contracts will be around 25M in 2 years. Remember when avg contracts for role players were 4-6 Million? Guessing it will be around 8-12 in 2 years. These prices might look good in the future.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Millsap is the worst one. Can't believe he got 19M.

Seto

Meanwhile Steph Curry is making 11 mill. lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

KRIT

I understand the whole inflation thing, but some of the contracts just don't make sense. Danny Green is making about 10.5 million a year, and espn is talking about Ellis getting about 11 million a year from the Pacers. Danny Green isn't even in the same league as Monta Ellis.

And these role players like Middleton and and Thad Young who earn $10-12 mill a year do no justice to some of the real good players who are making about the same or just a little more.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Lilliard and Dragic overpaid as well as others.

KRIT

Ok I've seen it all now....

Iman Shumpert 4 years $40 million. This guy is your typical role player off the bench. Spot up shooter and solid perimeter defender, and somehow he is making $10 mill a year. If Iman Shumpert can make $10 mill a year, then Durant and LeBron should be worth $100 million a year, because they are easily 10x better lol.

jtoler

They must not gonna keep Smith then, how you gonna give Shump 10 if you don't give Smith abiut the same.

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

Imans contract made me go wow. Smith is Irving light so no need.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5420

I should be paid $1m for my posts at SBR.

KRIT

Aron Baynes who couldn't even crack the Spurs rotation just got 3 years $20 million from the Pistons. Wtf is wrong with some of these GM's.

So far, biggest steal has been Monta Ellis. Indiana got him for basically the same price as Shumpert and Danny Green.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

Amid all the madness G.Neal just signed for 2mil. Where's the sense in that? Crap agent I suppose.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Aron Baynes who couldn't even crack the Spurs rotation just got 3 years $20 million from the Pistons. Wtf is wrong with some of these GM's.

So far, biggest steal has been Monta Ellis. Indiana got him for basically the same price as Shumpert and Danny Green.
    Pacers are back to relevance next year most likely.

freeeze
    freeeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I understand the whole inflation thing, but some of the contracts just don't make sense. Danny Green is making about 10.5 million a year, and espn is talking about Ellis getting about 11 million a year from the Pacers. Danny Green isn't even in the same league as Monta Ellis.

And these role players like Middleton and and Thad Young who earn $10-12 mill a year do no justice to some of the real good players who are making about the same or just a little more.
    A pretty good argument could be made about Green being at least as good as Ellis. Green is an elite shooter who can guard 1-3s on the opposing team very well. Basically makes him a great fit almost on any team. On the other hand, Ellis can't shoot 3s and is a below average defender at the 2. You need to match him up with above average shooting players on the perimeter who can also guard the Harden / Klay types when need be. 3 and D guys are much more valuable in the new NBA than inefficient scorers who can create their own shot. I think if you give the 30 NBA teams a chance to choose between Green and Ellis to have on their team on their current contracts definitely more will choose Green.

Also, watch out for Middleton. Best player on the Bucks last year. Dude is 23 years old and getting better every year. I'm pretty sure he'll justify his contract with the cap rising up in the next couple of years.

freeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    This contract looks so ridiculous right now. He'll get 30+ mil a year on the next one tho.

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Amid all the madness G.Neal just signed for 2mil. Where's the sense in that? Crap agent I suppose.
    how many years did he sign for? all these 'inflated' contracts are in the 4+ year range and for good reason.

KRIT

Backup C Kosta Kuofus (technicially 3rd string center) just got 4 year $33 mill deal. To put that in perspective, he makes 1.75 mill less than Zach Randolph.

freeeze

You realize the salary cap's gonna hit 109 million in 2017, right? NBA finances are structured in a way that the amount of the contract is less important than the percentage of the salary cap it ties up. 8 mil in a 109 mil salary cap is the same as 4.8 mil in a 60 mil cap. No one is overvaluing these guys, it's just the inflation that comes with the rise of the cap.

Imo, giving Rondo 10 mil for 1 year is much worse than the Koufos deal.

UPCOMINGPLAYER
    UPCOMINGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

The Cap is rising and salaries are rising, Soon earning 10mil a year will become regular or even beloe average, the league is making crazy of money of these guys and they are seizing the opportunity to make money back. Besides if you were any of these guys you are mad at you wouldn't complain a bit so lets not be hypocrites here.

UPCOMINGPLAYER
    UPCOMINGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

Backup C Kosta Kuofus (technicially 3rd string center) just got 4 year $33 mill deal. To put that in perspective, he makes 1.75 mill less than Zach Randolph.

when randolph resigns i guarantee that would not be the case so what are you screaming about?

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

It's gotten out of hand with fringe players making so much money getting paid like superstars.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    ...that's way too much for his limited skills

jtoler

Unreal, hardly plays.