MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Towns clear number 1

This kid from Africa who played in China is big big time too..I think a guard
    Mudiay.

I think he is overrated.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Yeah I feel good about the Towns bet. Speculations popping up that Okafor could even drop to 3 or 4.

I personally like Stanley Johnson cuz he has raw talent and a born winner. I think he won 2 or 3 straight HS state championships. Good size and athleticism. Will develop his shot even more as a pro and he's already a terrific defender. High potential but there's not a ton of value in drafting SFs... Could be only 5 or 6 drafted this year and I would put Johnson at the top of that list, followed by Anderson, Dekker then Winslow.

Might sound crazy but I don't think Winslow is worth a top 15 pick. He's 'sexy' and trending top 5 due to a good tournament run and a championship but I don't see him belonging on an NBA floor right away, from the many hours I've watched of him. He's not comfortable with the ball, not big/strong/fast enough to drive and won't be an immediate sharp shooter either.

When they look back on this draft in five years, Winslow could very well be the best player in the draft, I would say top 3 at the very least. The only weakness he has is outside shooting consistency, which I could say about almost everyone in the draft. He can defend multiple positions, rebound, grab a defensive rebound and turn it into a transition basket, and he's not afraid of the moment or taking the big shot. I wouldn't be scared to take him #1.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

LoL, Muiday can't shoot to save his life, dude is going to have to drive to score in the NBA, unless you think you can fix his awful jumpshot, good luck with him. Russell is the definition of Boom/Bust i have seen him and sometimes he is phenomenal sometimes he was horrible, just have to decide if the risk is worth it. Oakafor, can't play D and fouls like a MoFo, great post scorer, but i think his ceiling is a Zach Randolph, Towns is clearly the best player in the draft, T-Wolves hopefully don't screw it up. I love Winslow and Johnson, both should go top 5, but won't and 3 years from now Lakers/76ers/Knicks will be kicking themselves for not picking them. Don't know too much about the international players, so i don't have an opinion on them. My favorite player in the this is RHJ, dude can flat out defend, he took Russell completely out of the game when Zona crushed Ohio State. If RHJ can develop even an average offense game dude could be like Draymond Green.

As always on draft day just follow AW on twitter and make money, i was like 4-1 on draft props last year just following what he said.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Title of this thread is ""NBA Draft 2015 Discussion Thread"

In one page we've had somebody say that:

"Bynum was not as good a post scorer in college"

"almost every year you get a gem or two at the 2nd/3rd round"

"Okafor might turn out to be the next andrew bynum"

"there's not a ton of value in drafting SFs"

"Might sound crazy but I don't think Winslow is worth a top 15 pick"

"Towns will get exposed in the league"

And my personal fav coming from a kid with a Duke avatar:

"Winslow, I wouldn't be scared to take him #1"

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

meader99

So happy I'm your favorite. What's the prize?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    So happy I'm your favorite. What's the prize?
    What u get is FIRED from your VP of Basketball operations (fictitious of course) for selecting Justice Winslow #1 overall ahead of bare minimum 5-6 guys that are more qualified. There is no room for homerism when selecting #1 overall in the NBA Draft.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Mo, only about two more days until the NBA draft.

When are you going to unleash your annual top 10 mock draft? It's been a hit for years.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Mo, only about two more days until the NBA draft.

When are you going to unleash your annual top 10 mock draft? It's been a hit for years.
    I have been threatened by many who say bad things will happen if I do not show myself to be a company man.

meader99

What u get is FIRED from your VP of Basketball operations (fictitious of course) for selecting Justice Winslow #1 overall ahead of bare minimum 5-6 guys that are more qualified. There is no room for homerism when selecting #1 overall in the NBA Draft.
    Who are the 6 guys more qualified? I'll take the wing player that can impact the game in several ways over the one trick ponies you will list.

bob6199

5 dimes has some props up.

only one so far that i like is Porzingis at plus 185 to go 3rd. Outside of that none really appeal to me until draft day when AW starts giving us info

bob6199

Winslow is going to be a top 3 player from this draft and i hate duke with a passion, but the only guys i can understand picking ahead of him are Towns and Russell.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Mario Hezonja looks good

Raptors should get him

lotterypick87
    lotterypick87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    LoL, Muiday can't shoot to save his life, dude is going to have to drive to score in the NBA, unless you think you can fix his awful jumpshot, good luck with him. Russell is the definition of Boom/Bust i have seen him and sometimes he is phenomenal sometimes he was horrible, just have to decide if the risk is worth it. Oakafor, can't play D and fouls like a MoFo, great post scorer, but i think his ceiling is a Zach Randolph, Towns is clearly the best player in the draft, T-Wolves hopefully don't screw it up. I love Winslow and Johnson, both should go top 5, but won't and 3 years from now Lakers/76ers/Knicks will be kicking themselves for not picking them. Don't know too much about the international players, so i don't have an opinion on them. My favorite player in the this is RHJ, dude can flat out defend, he took Russell completely out of the game when Zona crushed Ohio State. If RHJ can develop even an average offense game dude could be like Draymond Green.

As always on draft day just follow AW on twitter and make money, i was like 4-1 on draft props last year just following what he said.
    Fouls? You have Towns and Okafor backwards. Towns foul rate is twice as bad as Jahlil's.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by lotterypick87 View Post
    Fouls? You have Towns and Okafor backwards. Towns foul rate is twice as bad as Jahlil's.
    ignore all stats from Kentucky he could foul more because of the fact he wasn't going to play high minutes, JO will foul way more then Towns in the NBA... JO couldn't foul as much because he needed to play way more minutes, but whenever JO had to go against elite big man, he fouled and got destroyed. JO will not help a team and i am going to laugh at the fact that the lakers front court next year will be 2 bigs who can't defend. No wonder they are trying for Cousins.
    Last edited by bob6199; 06-23-15 at 04:49 PM.

meader99

ignore all stats from Kentucky he could foul more because of the fact he wasn't going to play high minutes, JO will foul way more then Towns in the NBA... JO couldn't foul as much because he needed to play way more minutes, but whenever JO had to go against elite big man, he fouled and got destroyed. JO will not help a team and i am going to laugh at the fact that the lakers front court next year will be 2 bigs who can't defend. No wonder they are trying for Cousins.
    You are correct. It was obvious that K stressed to Okafor that they could not afford for him to get in foul trouble. I saw him play very little defense, and when he was forced into it, he got into foul trouble.

bob6199

You are correct. It was obvious that K stressed to Okafor that they could not afford for him to get in foul trouble. I saw him play very little defense, and when he was forced into it, he got into foul trouble.
    i mean he could improve his D and prove me wrong, i am no NBA expert, but from what i saw that is what i believe, i thought Winslow/Jones were more valuable to them winning in it all then JO.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Winslow looks like a sure-fire all-star bet to me. Looks like a poor-man's Harden on offense and a rich-man's Harden on defense.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Winslow looks like a sure-fire all-star bet to me. Looks like a poor-man's Harden on offense and a rich-man's Harden on defense.
    This is exactly what he looks like to me. If he works hard and develops consistency in his jumper, he will score at will. He already draws the contact just like harden does.

meader99

i mean he could improve his D and prove me wrong, i am no NBA expert, but from what i saw that is what i believe, i thought Winslow/Jones were more valuable to them winning in it all then JO.
    At 19 years old you would hope he's able to. The kid has great footwork on offense. At some point you would think that it would translate to the defensive end.

bob6199

This is exactly what he looks like to me. If he works hard and develops consistency in his jumper, he will score at will. He already draws the contact just like harden does.
    yea i can't believe Russell is getting compared to Harden when it's Winslow who looks like him, Seriously Winslow is my 2nd on my "big board" behind KAT. If the magic get him, Gordon+Payton+Dipo+Vuc. That's a strong core right there

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Mudiay is the best player in draft. Wolves have no choice but to take Towns based on roster though. Kid from Latvia is intruiging looks pretty talented

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Mudiay is the best player in draft. Wolves have no choice but to take Towns based on roster though. Kid from Latvia is intruiging looks pretty talented
    you mean the guy who has a jumpshot that is horrible? How TF do you see him being good when he has the worst jumpshot i have ever seen from a top 5 pick who is a guard.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Wall and Kidd could not shoot and both were probably the best PG in the game. He shot 34% from 3 in China though not a huge sample size.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Wall and Kidd could not shoot and both were probably the best PG in the game. He shot 34% from 3 in China though not a huge sample size.
    Wall is a freak athlete in which Muiday is never going to be and Kidd was a playmaker in which Muiday will never be. Muiday is at best a 3rd option for a team, you really want to use a top 5 pick on a guy who will be your 3rd option, over Towns and Oakfor, over Winslow and Johnson or over other PG's like Russell and Payne? NOPE...

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Emmanuel Mudiay under 5.5 draft spot even money seems like a good bet... I can only think of 4 players who could go before him (KAT, JO, Russell, Porzingis)

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Emmanuel Mudiay under 5.5 draft spot even money seems like a good bet... I can only think of 4 players who could go before him (KAT, JO, Russell, Porzingis)
    I was figuring the Sacramento would take him.

His workouts have all been pretty bad from what I hear and I think his draft stock has taken a serious hit.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Mudiay is very rough around the edges. He has a lot of potential but he is probably one of the least polished of anyone in the top 10.

On another note, I am very excited for this draft tomorrow.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Russell has also had poor workouts and his stock is sliding.

Mudiay still higher potential than Russell or Winslow so I don't see him sliding past 5. I'll look more into this but I see this as a potential money maker for us all.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Here is my thinking Dom,

First two picks are sort of already decided.

76ers Desperately need a solid point guard. They take Russell (or Porzinigs if they decide they just want to take the best guy on the board.)

Knicks would have to be crazy not to draft Porzingis if the 6ers don't take him as the the guy has a tremendous upside and could bring a lot of excitement to a team desperately in need of a rebuild.

Orlando has two decent guards in Oladipo and Elfrid Payton to go forward with. I think they need scoring more than anything which is why I suspect they will take Winslow or Hezonja (depending on how high they are on him.)

I think Mudiay is going to Sacramento 6th. They need a point guard who isn't Darren Collison and wasn't born in the fukkin 1970s. They have Cousins down low, they have Gay on the wing and they have McLemore /Stauskas to pick between / develop at the 2. The only missing pieces (at least on paper) are the 1 and the 4 and they are not about to take Kaminsky as the 6th pick.

I just can't see where else he would go other than 6th or 7th if Sacramento decides to pull a quick one and, for some reason, take Hezonja / Winslow (whichever one Orlando doesn't take) and Mudiay goes to nuggets who A.) need a point guard and B.) will just take the best player left on the board at that point, which will either be, Winslow, Mudiay or Hezonja.
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When is the draft mo

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Tomorrow night.

JUNE 25th, 7PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME

Just took Mudiay Draft position over 5.5 -140

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Kaminsky +100 to go before Dekker.

would be a smart pickup. Kaminsky is definite NBA material.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

bet done. gl all.

Frank Kaminsky 0 (100)
    Sam Dekker vs Frank Kaminsky
    2015 NBA Draft - Matchups
    S Dekker vs F Kaminsky
    NBA at 06/26/2015 7:00:00 PM

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Tomorrow night.

JUNE 25th, 7PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME

Just took Mudiay Draft position over 5.5 -140
    You're thinking is intelligent, but I still think Russell or Winslow drop out of top 5. I have no clue why all of SBR is on Winslows nuts - the guy had a good tourney but was afraid of the ball vs any real opponent in the reg season. I watched the vast majority of his games and I'm not overwhelmed by him. And Russell is trending downward and apparently had very bad workouts. He's already undersized and if he's not extremely athletic then he's not a top 5 pick.

Mudiay is more attractive to NY or Philly than Russell is. He has professional experience and better size.

First 1234 Last