Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Bill Cartright & Bill Lambeer - "Lebron is Better Than Jordan" !!!!!!!!

Wow..Bill Lambeer and Bill Cartright..both claim Lebron is the better player...a stunning indictment if you ask me...Right from the horses mouth..as both players played with or against Jordan himself...perhaps Cartright is a bit salty as he never liked Jordan and threatened to beat the sh-it out of him a few times in practice..LOL...Lambeer however is a different story...Pistons beat Jordan repeatedly and had Pippen afraid to come out of the locker room....LOL

Who better to assess the comparison than someone who battled with Jordan and remains a astute observer of the game?

As always, Cartwright was thoughtful and insightful.

"The big thing about LeBron," he began, "is he's one of rare guys where there's no position for him. He similar to maybe Magic [Johnson]. That's the best comparison because he can play one through five. What can't he do?

"Michael was basically a two-[guard]. What's LeBron? A one? A two? A three? You can't say. That's what makes him an anomaly; there's no match-up for him.

"Michael was as hard as anyone to guard. This guy [LeBron] is really unguardable. Who do you match him with? He's too darn big and too darn strong. Put a big guy on him and he goes around them. Put a small guy on him and he beats him up. He's a nightmare of a match-up."

Cartwright also brought up another significant factor in the comparison: The Cavs overall talent, especially when compared with the Bulls of that era.

"It's really remarkable what he's done there considering the questions marks [about the Cavs], from players to coaches," he said. "He's basically doing everything down there.

"He makes his teammates better, much better. And he is now a leader, the leader on that team.

"Look at Cleveland. Without, Michael, we still felt we could win [the NBA title], and took the Knicks to seven games [before losing] in ['93-'94] Eastern Conference championship. Could [the Cavs without LeBron] do that? I don't think so.

"And like a lot of [great players}, similar to Micheal, similar to [Julius] Doc [Erving], as his career has evolved LeBron became a better and better shooter. Not that they were great [shooters] but if they're on from outside you've got a problem.

So is LeBron comparable to Michael at this stage of his career?

"I would say absolutely, absolutely," Cartwright said.

"He's absolutely on best player on planet right now. I don't think you'd get much argument on that."

Beyond, improved shooting, Cartwright says LeBron had to learn how to win, and that leaving Cleveland for Miami, where he won two titles, played a vital role in that learning curve.

"Michael came into the league early [after his sophomore season at North Carolina]; LeBron and Kobe [Bryant] came in really early. [Both joined the NBA right out of high school.] They had to go through a period of maturing to be able to take on that kind of responsibility.

"Heck, it took us two years to get past Detroit Pistons. Things were not always rose. Not easy. Even when we were winning, there was always doubts.

"LeBron had to leave [Cleveland] to get what he wanted, and to understand what it took to win, what kind of commitment it took to win. Now..."

"Appreciate the guy while he's here," he said. "He's pretty good."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...lly_be_co.html

Former Detroit Pistons center Bill Laimbeer went on the "Dan Patrick Show" this morning and was asked to pick between LeBron James and Michael Jordan in their primes.

Laimbeer went with James, who will be making his fifth straight appearance in the NBA Finals, this time with the injury-riddled Cleveland Cavaliers.

"There's no question I would take LeBron," Laimbeer said. "He can do more.

"I mean, Michael Jordan could score, make big shots and look spectacular at times with wild, flying dunks, but LeBron can get you 18 rebounds. LeBron can get you 15 assists, if he chooses to, or he can score 50 if he wanted to. The triple threat that he poses is just phenomenal, and then the size that he's got, he just physically dominates. It's impressive.

"Look at what LeBron has in the Finals right now. … Anybody else in this league or anybody else in the world, could they have led the team he has around him right now to the Finals? I don't think so. Jordan couldn't have led this team to the Finals.

"LeBron came into the league knowing how to play basketball and involve his teammates. Jordan had to learn that, and then they had to assemble some great teammates around him in order for him to win.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/bill...michael-jordan

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

Lol at these salty fools. MJ is the GOAT only guy you can argue is kareem lebrons not even in the discussion lmao

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

MJ is the GOAT until proven otherwise. If Lebron wins 2 or 3 more rings then that statement is definitely on the table.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Lebron may be 2-4 in the finals after this year... MJ 6-0.

meader99

I like how laimbeer says the Bulls had to surround MJ with great teammates. Didn't lebron bolt Cleveland for Miami to join two stars? And with said Stars went 2-2. Interesting.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    I like how laimbeer says the Bulls had to surround MJ with great teammates. Didn't lebron bolt Cleveland for Miami to join two stars? And with said Stars went 2-2. Interesting.
    If not for Ray Allen's 3 in game 6, it would read 1-3.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

He IS better.

I told u guys but now you can believe someone else.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol.. this is just the beginning... the numbers are going to grow.. and.... and....

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

I've always thought of Lebron as built like Malone but moves like Magic.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    I've always thought of Lebron as built like Malone but moves like Magic.
    this is a good observation (about Magic's ball-passing)

uhm.. it's sounds a little homo-erotic.. but hey-

all good

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    this is a good observation (about Magic's ball-passing)

uhm.. it's sounds a little homo-erotic.. but hey-

all good
    Haha naw. I also think the best three players built to guard Lebron would be Pippen, Rodman,and Kwahi Leonard (which we saw last year).

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Haha naw. I also think the best three players built to guard Lebron would be Pippen, Rodman,and Kwahi Leonard (which we saw last year).
    You left out Ruben Patterson......the lebron stopper