STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

David Blatt deserves a ton of credit

Guy was a coaching guru over seas. To lose Love for the playoffs, Kyrie for the ECF, and to have this team playing as good as they have all year is remarkable... it helps having the best player on the planet, obviously, but there aren't a lot coaches who could keep a team together through what the Cavs have been through this year. He's a great leader, and a championship caliber coach. GS is in for a battle, and Im excited for an epic finals. those who think GS has this in the bag, you got another thing coming.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Lol. Blatt beat shit teams in the east. If you think the cavs can beat gsw you aren't watching. Cavs will not win more than 1 game pal.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Lebron deserves all the credit. Blast gets zero credit

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Coach of the Year

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not gunna say he deserves a ton of credit but he's done a good job overall

Results speak for themselves so far

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Lebron deserves all the credit. Blast gets zero credit
    of course..he was coach and GM

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Not gunna say he deserves a ton of credit but he's done a good job overall

Results speak for themselves so far
    or as them white folks say

the proof is in the puddin

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Without lebron blast was coaching his way out of the playoffs. Guy should be let go after season

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol. Blatt beat shit teams in the east. If you think the cavs can beat gsw you aren't watching. Cavs will not win more than 1 game pal.
    He beat the same shit team you were plowing air bets on all playoffs

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    He beat the same shit team you were plowing air bets on all playoffs
    You one of them now I see. As a cavs fan you are so proud aren't you?

ace_202
    ace_202's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

You one of them now I see. As a cavs fan you are so proud aren't you?
    Lakerboy, get some chill. You're the most bitter person on here. Cavs will go ok in this series. If Cavs win, you should leave this forum.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Losing Love was probably the best thing to happen to the Cavs. The next time he plays defense will be his first. Any wonder that he goes down and the Cav's defense suddenly became the best in the league??? Most overrated mofo in the league.

Guy was a coaching guru over seas. To lose Love for the playoffs, Kyrie for the ECF, and to have this team playing as good as they have all year is remarkable... it helps having the best player on the planet, obviously, but there aren't a lot coaches who could keep a team together through what the Cavs have been through this year. He's a great leader, and a championship caliber coach. GS is in for a battle, and Im excited for an epic finals. those who think GS has this in the bag, you got another thing coming.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

He do deserves credit...hard to be a rookie NBA coach

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Losing Love was probably the best thing to happen to the Cavs. The next time he plays defense will be his first. Any wonder that he goes down and the Cav's defense suddenly became the best in the league??? Most overrated mofo in the league
    This.

Never knew why Lebron wanted Love.....I wish we had Wiggins

STAX

Losing Love was probably the best thing to happen to the Cavs. The next time he plays defense will be his first. Any wonder that he goes down and the Cav's defense suddenly became the best in the league??? Most overrated mofo in the league.
    Im undecided on this. I think Cavs wouldda made it through the East with or without Love. In the Eastern Conference, defense is enough to get you through. When you face the West and Golden State you need to be able to score. We wont truly now how much Love is missed until the NBA finals is over. Lovev's shooting and ability to space out the defense is crucial when facing Golden State. Draymond Green is going to be able to sit in the paint all series, and he will do a good job of keeping Tristan off the offensive glass. Love would draw him out, and then we could get Bogut in foul trouble. We dont really have that luxury now imo... I still think the Cavs can beat GS, but I think we will be saying more than a few times how much Love is missed.

But yeah you are right, Cavs a much better defensive team without Love. But when GS goes on those runs like they always do, and it will happen, its nice to have a big guy that can hit 3's and/or clear the lane just by standing in the corner. I wouldnt be surprsied to see the Cavs go small a lot in the finals, Tristan at Center and Mozgov on the bench. LeBron can guard Draymond, Tristan on Bogut...

Look for this lineup a lot from Cleveland in the finals:
    5 Thompson vrs Bogut
    4 LeBron vrs Green
    3 Smith vrs Barnes
    2 Shumpert vrs Thompson
    1 Irving vrs Curry

Smith and Shumpert may flip flop on Klay, or whoever is doing the better job will be on him. That is the key matchup imo. I really believe those two will really clamp down on Klay, and actually outplay him and Barnes in the series, even outscore them.

Irving MUST provide efficient offense to offset some of what Curry is going to do.He cant get in a personal me vrs him battle, just do your thing, shoot a good %, make some timely 3's, and dont turn it over or force anything because Curry hit a few straight 3's. I think the frontcourt is a wash, and GS has absolutely no one who can guard LeBron. LeBron is going to break records statwise in this finals, as long as the refs are calling fouls like they should, and I think they will. Its going to be Curry vrs LeBron, thats why its so crucail for Irving to offset some of what Curry is going to do. Irving is a bigtime star in this league, I think he rises to the challenge
    Last edited by STAX; 05-26-15 at 11:04 PM.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Tristan is a 10× better asset to this team than love. They dont need a soft big dude who likes to play outside the paint.
    Love getting hurt, as dumb as it sounds, was the best thing that happened to this team.
    if Tristan wasnt DOMINATING the glass, especially offensively, idk where they would be.

NBA coaches are cheerleaders.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Cavs will need to pay Thompson this offseason, otherwise someone else will. Someone might even force the Cavs' hand to overpay him if they want to retain him, kinda like what the Mavs tried to force Houston to do with Chandler Parsons.

I'd much rather pay Thompson (who won't be a max player) instead of Love, but Love still has another year on his deal unless he opts out. If the Cavs manage to win the title, they won't care what Love does. In fact, if that happens, they'll likely offer to trade him to where he wants to go to try and get something back for him. And then, at that point, they'd just happily match the highest bid for Thompson. Even if they don't win the title, they still might try this approach.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by ace_202 View Post
    Lakerboy, get some chill. You're the most bitter person on here. Cavs will go ok in this series. If Cavs win, you should leave this forum.
    lol

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    Cavs will need to pay Thompson this offseason, otherwise someone else will. Someone might even force the Cavs' hand to overpay him if they want to retain him, kinda like what the Mavs tried to force Houston to do with Chandler Parsons.

I'd much rather pay Thompson (who won't be a max player) instead of Love, but Love still has another year on his deal unless he opts out. If the Cavs manage to win the title, they won't care what Love does. In fact, if that happens, they'll likely offer to trade him to where he wants to go to try and get something back for him. And then, at that point, they'd just happily match the highest bid for Thompson. Even if they don't win the title, they still might try this approach.
    I bet Cleveland could get Dallas to bite on a trade for Love... I'd take Chandler (hes got a few years left) and that Faruq Aminu guy. Aminu is instant energy off the bench, he can do it all, and Chandler has a couple good years left for the Cavs future runs. Put Chandler in the starting lineup, let him and Mozgoz each play 20 minutes a night. Aminu can play the 3 and the 4 and shoot the 3. Two essential pieces the Cavs need for a dynasty

Mac4Lyfe

Exactly... Cleveland out rebounded Atlanta by 56 boards. That's an extra 13 possessions per game. That was huge. Love is a great defensive rebounder but not on the offensive boards. Love really didn't like his role of being a stretch 4. The Cavs would have been much better off having a guy like Ryan Anderson or a Mike Dunleavy type that can truly stretch the floor. Love had a good series against Boston so maybe he was turning the corner. His defense however is a black hole. Teams ran pick and roll through him all day and he couldn't defend worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Tristan is a 10× better asset to this team than love. They dont need a soft big dude who likes to play outside the paint.
    Love getting hurt, as dumb as it sounds, was the best thing that happened to this team.
    if Tristan wasnt DOMINATING the glass, especially offensively, idk where they would be.

NBA coaches are cheerleaders.

Mac4Lyfe

Dan Gilbert is going to have to pay Thompson (Lebron will demand it) and Love. Not to mention extend JR, Delly and Shump. Good thing he has deep pockets because the Cav's are going to be waaaaay over the cap. He's going to pay a huge luxury tax next year.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

1. Losing Love was overstated going into the playoffs. They used him as a spot up jump shooter for most of the year sitting him in the corner and didn't run any post/pick n roll sets for him except for when Lebron was injured.
    2. TT is a better fit in linesups with lebron because he has complimentary skills that don't require him to have the ball in his hands
    3. TT's worth is boosted with Lebron. The reason his rebounding has been so good is because defenders have to close out on Lebron ir Smith/SHUMP/Kyrie which leaves him tons of time to position himself for rebounds. If Lebron left this team he would revert to form.
    4. Blatt gets credit for their defensive scheme and limiting the transition offense but otherwise he is irrevelent because on the offensive end it consists of Lebron ISO or PG/Moz-TT PNR or Drive Kick with a wing. Blatt isn't responsible for that offense. Lebron and the rest of the team are. There isn't really any set plays that blatt calls besides coming out of TO's.
    5. GS has had a much harder road to the finals and are a much deeper and better coached team than anything Lebron has played this year. There's a reason the series line is going to be GS -210/190 CAV

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    GS -210/190 CAV
    Itll be more like GS -250.

Before the game 4s, 5Dimes had the line at GS -280/Cavs +240

Mac4Lyfe

I agree with all your points but the last one bolded. I do think Lebron has made TT look very good and he'll revert to an average PF without Lebron.

But no way is GS more battle tested. The Cavs had to play a gutsy Boston team that was playing one of the best basketball after the All Star break. Boston was like a rugby scrub, the Cav's haven't been healthy since that series. Then they had to go through Chicago whom most people felt was the best team in the East and the team most ready to win a title next to the Spurs. Then Atlanta who dominated West teams all year.

GS was fortunate to play a bad Pelican team that had no one but Davis on the team. Then they lucked out when Conley got hurt. Memphis was ready to win that series at that point. Then they play a Houston team that's never heard the term defense. GS may be favorites but my money will be on the Cavs. That line will be going down rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    1. Losing Love was overstated going into the playoffs. They used him as a spot up jump shooter for most of the year sitting him in the corner and didn't run any post/pick n roll sets for him except for when Lebron was injured.
    2. TT is a better fit in linesups with lebron because he has complimentary skills that don't require him to have the ball in his hands
    3. TT's worth is boosted with Lebron. The reason his rebounding has been so good is because defenders have to close out on Lebron ir Smith/SHUMP/Kyrie which leaves him tons of time to position himself for rebounds. If Lebron left this team he would revert to form.
    4. Blatt gets credit for their defensive scheme and limiting the transition offense but otherwise he is irrevelent because on the offensive end it consists of Lebron ISO or PG/Moz-TT PNR or Drive Kick with a wing. Blatt isn't responsible for that offense. Lebron and the rest of the team are. There isn't really any set plays that blatt calls besides coming out of TO's.
    5. GS has had a much harder road to the finals and are a much deeper and better coached team than anything Lebron has played this year. There's a reason the series line is going to be GS -210/190 CAV

existential

I bet Cleveland could get Dallas to bite on a trade for Love... I'd take Chandler (hes got a few years left) and that Faruq Aminu guy. Aminu is instant energy off the bench, he can do it all, and Chandler has a couple good years left for the Cavs future runs. Put Chandler in the starting lineup, let him and Mozgoz each play 20 minutes a night. Aminu can play the 3 and the 4 and shoot the 3. Two essential pieces the Cavs need for a dynasty
    I'm assuming by Chandler you mean Tyson Chandler, but he's an UFA so that wouldn't happen. And Aminu is opting out to be an UFA as well. Regardless, the Mavs wouldn't have given anyone Aminu even if they still had his rights this offseason, guy is way too valuable. Their only goal at this point is to try securing him on their own.

STAX

I'm assuming by Chandler you mean Tyson Chandler, but he's an UFA so that wouldn't happen. And Aminu is opting out to be an UFA as well. Regardless, the Mavs wouldn't have given anyone Aminu even if they still had his rights this offseason, guy is way too valuable. Their only goal at this point is to try securing him on their own.
    Ok, yeah I meant Tyson. Aminu is a future star in this league. Kid can do it all... he's a lot like Kawhi

existential

Dan Gilbert is going to have to pay Thompson (Lebron will demand it) and Love. Not to mention extend JR, Delly and Shump. Good thing he has deep pockets because the Cav's are going to be waaaaay over the cap. He's going to pay a huge luxury tax next year.
    Lebron wants Thompson and if they win the title this year, I could see him backing off on his thoughts about Love. Even if they don't, Lebron still might reconsider about Love. I think the best possible outcome for both sides at this point is if Love doesn't opt out. To maximize and regain some of his own value, Love needs to prove that he can come back healthy and continue making strides on a championship-caliber team. The only way I see Love opting out now is if he truly wants out of Cleveland, which is always possible.

Thompson already turned down $52M/4 years this past offseason. It's possible he might want to go somewhere else as well, who knows. He isn't worthy of max dollars, but someone might be willing to offer around the $16M level for him. And if that happens, I still think the Cavs would be willing to match, but there's no way they can dump between $33M-$36M on two PF's annually past next year. Yes, Gilbert is on record saying he's willing to pay the luxury tax, but that doesn't mean he's committed to paying both Thompson and Love at the same time beyond next year. You have to keep in mind they'll have others to re-sign/match as well, including Lebron when he opts out to maximize on the increased cap number.

SP216
    SP216's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blatt is a really humble guy.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol fair weather fukks. just wait until dellavedova gets worked by curry. then people will use him as a scapegoat.

atlanta's not a good team, they are fukking soft as a pillow. they shot themselves to death, no fukking flow to their offense whatsoever, everythin gwas virtually one on one or chucking up 3s. plus they gave up too many offensive rebounds.

gotta love some of you making tristan thompson out to be rodman 2.0. i like his energy and the way he hustles but he's not gonna be a big factor vs golden state. just watch...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Blatt will be gone within 2 years..

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol.. ahhh Lakerboy, you rule

if the Cavs beat SHIT teams... why did you then state that the Cavs had NO CHANCE to beat Chicago?

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...t-chicago.html

keep 'em coming LB.. we all need it

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    Blatt will be gone within 2 years..
    What happened to Spoelstra will happen to Blatt.

Rings on fingers, job very safe.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

I agree with all your points but the last one bolded. I do think Lebron has made TT look very good and he'll revert to an average PF without Lebron.

But no way is GS more battle tested. The Cavs had to play a gutsy Boston team that was playing one of the best basketball after the All Star break. Boston was like a rugby scrub, the Cav's haven't been healthy since that series. Then they had to go through Chicago whom most people felt was the best team in the East and the team most ready to win a title next to the Spurs. Then Atlanta who dominated West teams all year.

GS was fortunate to play a bad Pelican team that had no one but Davis on the team. Then they lucked out when Conley got hurt. Memphis was ready to win that series at that point. Then they play a Houston team that's never heard the term defense. GS may be favorites but my money will be on the Cavs. That line will be going down rapidly.
    Actually the line on GS is going up at most shops I've seen -260/220 seems to be where it's settling. Boston is an overachieving bunch of young guys and CHI is still the flawed team they ever were. ATL lived by their spacing and passing but succumb to the injury bugs and bad play. Gs played the "lowly" Pelicans team (good enough for an 6th seed in the east by record alone- not taking into the disparity of strength between the coferences). Conley played most of the Memphis series and as stout as MEM were defensively GS still oblieterated them. Now Houston - same thing.

From watching Kyrie Irving he still looks hurt (loss of speed off screens/picks and driving the the basket) which basically makes him another SG when Lebron plays point. One thing GS has that Cavs have not seen in the playoffs yet is players that can still guard Lebron and their wings when switched. Iggy, Barnes, Green, Livingston, Thompson can all switch which will make it harder for Cavs to explot mismatches. Not to mention GS has the ability to roll out bigger lineups than anything ATL could put on the floor if they choose. I have Cavs priced as +275 which is where i'll play them in their current state but I doubt Books will move off the +220 they have now because it's a sucker bet (no offense).

STAX

Nobody on Golden State can guard LeBron... no one in the league can guard LeBron and CERTAINLY no one on Golden St. Green? Please put Draymond Green on LeBron... he'll be fouled out mid 3rd quarter. Harrison Barnes??? Klay Thompson?? Shaun Livingston?? This is getting better by the second. Golden State can't stop Harden for shit, really think they gonna stop LeBron?

I'm telling you guys, Houston has basically given Golden State all they can handle. Two nail-biters and two blow outs one each way. That series is a botched fast break away from being 2-2. Golden State isn't all that, they can be beaten. You dont have to like LeBron, but give the man some respect where its due...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Clueless.
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave jtoler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last