lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

Surely the rockets cover at least today

They got blown away but in this game they will fight till the end. I see good value in the +5. Line moved 4 points off last game? That's way too much.

Give me houston +5 -107(15x) ML +173(3x)

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Rockets already defeated mentally, LB. I don't see why this game will be any different than last. They just want to go home at this point.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Rockets already defeated mentally, LB. I don't see why this game will be any different than last. They just want to go home at this point.
    Same scenario as hawks after game 2. These players are pros. They don't just lie down. Watch and see.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

lakers right here, max effort after not showing up at all in game 3

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If they lose they have to break team up

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If they lose they have to break team up
    Wtf? They aren't winning series anyways.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They got blown away but in this game they will fight till the end. I see good value in the +5. Line moved 4 points off last game? That's way too much.

Give me houston +5 -107(15x) ML +173(3x)
    only 18 units?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    only 18 units?
    Opinion on game or piss off. Same shit over and over.

jjgold

you cannot lose 4-0 and keep the same team

That is GM 101

Many think Howard just not a big stage player

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    you cannot lose 4-0 and keep the same team

That is GM 101

Many think Howard just not a big stage player
    Thank god the lakers didn't get to keep him. He played his best game in Orlando.

Smart franchises never pay for players who have already played there best game.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Dwight Howard is calling everyone out after the Houston Rockets were destroyed in Game 3.

Battling through knee soreness, the Rockets center stepped up for his team with a double-double, but his 14 points and 14 rebounds weren't enough to stave off the dominant Golden State Warriors on Saturday.

With Houston on the verge of elimination, Howard expressed his disappointment in both his team and the home crowd.

"I saw quit from everybody in the arena," Howard said. "We can't have that."

But the Rockets know how to battle back from a deficit. Houston was trailing 3-1 to the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference Semifinals, but pushed the series to seven games and ultimately a victory.

Howard said Saturday night that he's ready to fight, and he hopes his team will do the same.

"We've been through too many battles for it to end like tonight," he said. "We can't quit on each other."

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/769817

lakerboy

Meanwhile howard was laughing on the bench

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

Howard is definitely not the problem. He's one of the few pieces worth keeping.
    Keep Howard, trade Harden. Harden is on a deal that quite a few teams would
    probably take. Here it is: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-r.../james-harden/

Houston can get a lot for him now, rather than later.
    He needs to go.

I wouldn't even think about taking Houston tonight.
    Chances are over 80% you'll feel stupid if you do.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    probably take. Here it is: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-r.../james-harden/

He needs to go.

good point..they might do it

lakerboy

Snowball you are correct. Houston won't cover 80% right. Meanwhile pinny is offering -104 on gsw.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

series over ...-5 is a

Snowball

sbr odds is clear, the line is hovering between 4.5 and 5..
    it's really 4.75 if you want to get asian about it.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

He needs to go.

would love to be in the room when daryl morey run the the analytics on harden....game 2 will haunt him for awhile

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

He needs to go.

I think that's crazy. They are already on the doorstep of going to a finals. They will lose this series but Harden only 25 and, at least ostensibly, will continue to improve. He is a very good passer and has shown that he can score and lead a team that, outside of him and Dwight, is nothing special.

I know he takes a ton of shots. I know he has not excelled in playoff situations. I know his game heavily relies on him getting calls.

But the guy can score inside and outside, pass and create turnovers and this a valuable set of skills of a marquee players around which most good NBA teams are built.

Like many of the largest big men, Howard's age has made it difficult for him to continue to be the player he was when in his early 20s and was probably among the most freakish athletes the league had ever seen, going top 5 in Winshares/48 for 3 straight years at one point. But he is not the same player.

Having said that, he is still a 12 rebound, 60% FG guy and those are skills that are not often paired with an ability to create offense and get to the rim like he can.

On a side note, Golden State has had one of the greatest seasons in NBA history and I do not think we can be too hard on Houston, even for getting swept. Rarely have we seen a team dominate like GS has this year and they have done so in one of the most lopsidedly competitive conferences we have seen in a long time. They are a great team and are so healthy and well rested that I think they do stand a good chance to beat this relatively banged up Cavs team.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

He needs to go.

Howard will be expendable when his contract expires, and Clint Capella reaches his full potential.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Dwight Howard is calling everyone out after the Houston Rockets were destroyed in Game 3.

Battling through knee soreness, the Rockets center stepped up for his team with a double-double, but his 14 points and 14 rebounds weren't enough to stave off the dominant Golden State Warriors on Saturday.

With Houston on the verge of elimination, Howard expressed his disappointment in both his team and the home crowd.

"I saw quit from everybody in the arena," Howard said. "We can't have that."

But the Rockets know how to battle back from a deficit. Houston was trailing 3-1 to the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference Semifinals, but pushed the series to seven games and ultimately a victory.

Howard said Saturday night that he's ready to fight, and he hopes his team will do the same.

"We've been through too many battles for it to end like tonight," he said. "We can't quit on each other."

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/769817
    Someone needs to tell Dwight stop having more kids

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Trade Harden

Without Harden they don't even come close to making the playoffs anytime soon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

Snowball

Guys who say don't trade Harden might think twice if they saw the deals
    he could fetch.

Anyway, tonight, traditionally we would lean for Houston but this isn't the
    David Stern days anymore. Houston will have to win on their own.
    There really is no reason to believe they are capable of it. I don't see how
    getting them with 2 possessions matters. If they lose it would be by more.
    And if I were to take them to win, I would want +300 minimum.
    I'll probably do something at halftime depending on the action.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

They will give some effort but don't even think they wanna even try to give the effort it takes to win, don't think they want to go back to Oakland. They realize they have to win 4 straight over a team that owns them, that's too much of a mental hurdle to overcome besides GS makes Rockets defense look stupid, they cant defend for 24 seconds and even when they are decent GS still scores, its just too much for them.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Is is 7 straight now the warriors have won over rockets? If u bet rockets tonight u are a brave brave man. Normally I'd say +5 is too many but there are too many factors to where I won't touch this game. Warriors are literally toying with Houston on the road.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    They will give some effort but don't even think they wanna even try to give the effort it takes to win, don't think they want to go back to Oakland. They realize they have to win 4 straight over a team that owns them, that's too much of a mental hurdle to overcome besides GS makes Rockets defense look stupid, they cant defend for 24 seconds and even when they are decent GS still scores, its just too much for them.
    True based on what we've seen, however must remember Houston only lost by 1 in Game 2.
    Game 3 has to be written off from the Houston side like it didn't exist.
    Then we take the shot that GS will have an off night because they are due to have a cold night.
    It happens. Cavs were mostly cold last night. If GS has cold spells, Houston can win but only
    if they are shooting at least 50-55% otherwise they cannot win.
    Houston does have a chance to win this game. We cannot deny it. It's just that you will probably lose
    if you bet them. The points mean nothing because on their home court with backs to the wall I will take them
    over GS. If GS doesn't put them away by 2 mins in the 4Q, Houston is more likely to win.
    Either GS blows them out again or Houston wins. This is why I want to see the action first.
    We should be able to see what kind of Houston team is on the floor.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-25-15 at 01:33 PM.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Really see rockets winning too. No need for the spread. Ml all the way

GoBlue77

I think rockets is thr play but I don't have the balls to touch that sorry group of babies. DrayGreen said it best, we won't to step on their throats. GS has that killer instinct

GoBlue77

Rockets cover but lose game watch!!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Haven't made final decision here or even if I'm gonna play. My opinion if you like Rocks then 1h probably a safer play. If this gutless team shows up at all you should see it early. Maybe Gsw mails it in tonight to close at home?!? But if Warriors are up early here at half I think Rocks fold like a cheap tent. Bol!

TwoWays

Harden will be critized behind repair if rocks don't win tonight. Couple that with refs giving fouls to specific gs players and u got an upset

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Harden will be critized behind repair if rocks don't win tonight. Couple that with refs giving fouls to specific gs players and u got an upset
    And after receiving an 80 million $ deal and who knows how many millions hes making off the court he surely will be devastated. Just like an article I saw about Tom Brady being at "rock bottom right now" that one truly made me laugh. I'm going "I got 365 mill with my top model wife and a moat around my house and 4 Superbowl ring and I am crushed that people believe it wasw cuz my footballs were underinflated against a team that dropped a measely 7 points for an entire afc championship game." They got SODOMIZED by 35 pts they were able to overcome some HUGE deficits in previous series but are truly showing it was their parade to the FT line not Corey Bewre or Underbite Smith that aided thei major success. ANyway back to the 35 point loss laker "4 points off the last game, way too much." Opened up 4 points higher not moved up 4 after opening what does that tell you?????????

TwoWays

Not about the dollars. He will live in hiding if no show tonight. Guy will be laughed at in public til next postseason

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Not about the dollars. He will live in hiding if no show tonight. Guy will be laughed at in public til next postseason
    Bro do you hear yourself??????????? Wait, your right. He will feel much better if he plays hard tonight and they win and he goes to gs and gets blown out in game 5 then he can show his face in public right? That scenario I promise wont determine whether he lives in hiding or not. In fact he would MAYBE sleep it off tonight but would no doubt be right back at the clubs with all the money chasing bimbos who dont give a shit if he won or lost will do anything he desires cuz hes an NBA player and has millions. The series is over man.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Guy will be laughed at in public til next postseason
    Not even CLOSE!! Took the Rockets farther than they have been in 2 decades.

12 Last