lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    uhhh, that was with a healthy roster and media hype
    compare that to his current roster
    Books knew anyways. Lebron was going to take them to the final cause the east is shit.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Atl would have beaten SA??
    SA wasn't as good this year as they have been in years past. I'm not sure how they looked in the post-season but in the regular season they looked noticeably older, slower and tired. And I don't think the Clippers are that great, they're the perennial chokers. SA wouldn't have lost to them last year.

So I don't think it's out of the question that ATL would have beaten SA this year.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    SA wasn't as good this year as they have been in years past. I'm not sure how they looked in the post-season but in the regular season they looked noticeably older, slower and tired. And I don't think the Clippers are that great, they're the perennial chokers. SA wouldn't have lost to them last year.

So I don't think it's out of the question that ATL would have beaten SA this year.
    If you'd have watched the Hawks in 1 playoff game... Seriously any playoff game you'd understand this could have never happened. Never ever ever.

Just think about it - they nearly lost to the Wizards who were missing John Wall for 3 games and who was playing with 5 fractures in his wrist in 2 others. One fluky play away. And the NETS gave them all they could handle. The fukking Nets Some people argued they were playing down to the level of compoetition and we would see their true level against Cleveland... Guess we can throw that theory out the window lol.

The Spurs were still great this year. You can't take credit away from LAC for what they did. They just remembered they were the Clippers in game 6 against the Rockets. It's unfortunate for them but that's the way things are.

Spurs were probably the only team that could have taken out the Warriors this year. When they went out Warriors became all but a lock to win it all.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    The NBA is a horrible product.

you cant compare Lebron to MJ or Bird bc the NBA had much better talent back then. Look at these scrubs on Atlanta , back in Larry Birds day this Hawks team wouldnt have made the playoffs

Steph Curry is soft. Back in the day they would have bitch slapped his monkey ass
    LOL..nonsense...don't let jealousy cloud your judgement...The NBA product is excellent...just more finesse than muscle...and Curry is far from soft...like you got the balls to fight Roy Hibbert? LOL..Curry is one of the smallest dudes in the league..and without hesitation tried to press up on a man 3 times his size..LOL

Last edited by Menses; 05-23-15 at 01:55 PM.

Throwawayaway
    Throwawayaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    LOL..nonsense...don't let jealousy cloud your judgement...The NBA product is excellent...just more finesse than muscle...and Curry is far from soft...you got the balls to fight Roy Hibbert? LOL

Lmao!!! Curry going in there for blood!!!

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Books knew anyways. Lebron was going to take them to the final cause the east is shit.
    books knew lebron was good enuff to lead a shit team to the finals?
    i guess so

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I can't believe anyone still doubts the guy. All he has ever done is win. Carried garbage Cleveland Teams for 7 years before going to Miami.

Once you get to comparing the greatest of all time it becomes a futile excercise in nitpickery. Guy is easily one of the greatest ever to play. MJ was incredible but was a different kind of player. Lebron is a one of a kind talent with. skill set that we may never see again. The Miami move sort of cast him in an antagonistic light but I think it's impossible to deny that he is one of the best to ever play. The NBA fan base of today loves to hate, but it's so difficult to break balls when a guy is this physically gifted and still manages to be a great team player.
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mo tremendous post

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

And "If " your aunt had a dikk she would be your uncle lol. Don't know why people get so engaged in comparison from the past. Oscar, Magic, Bird, MJ, Bron whoever etc. All very special elite players who have different styles, different circumstances around them , different eras on and on. Why not just enjoy greatness as it comes and right now Bron is hands down best all around player and most important asset league has and it had not even been close for awhile.

Since arriving in league I've said he's a great hybrid of Magic/Michael. Took the best part of each ones game and with his size if I'm a mad professor in a lab trying to create a dominant exciting player a Magic/MJ combo is my formula I'm starting with and ending with Currys jumper lol....now that would be unstoppable force make Chuck Norris quiver
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-24-15 at 09:48 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    LOL..nonsense...don't let jealousy cloud your judgement...The NBA product is excellent...just more finesse than muscle...and Curry is far from soft...like you got the balls to fight Roy Hibbert? LOL..Curry is one of the smallest dudes in the league..and without hesitation tried to press up on a man 3 times his size..LOL

Means nothing when you have a supporting cast, he wouldn't fight Hibbert in the street 1 on 1. Id push Hibbert in an NBA game when I know I have backup and its only gonna last 3 seconds. Besides people fight personalities, Hibbert is a slow teddy bear, its not like he pushed a Ben Wallace type, or even West on the Pacers, in other words he knew what he was doing, he ain't crazy.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-24-15 at 10:01 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

What separates LeBron from most is his mindset, his team attitude, his unselfishness he learned from his coach at 9 years old, he drilled it into Bron and Bron just happens to already have the kind of personality that it was a match, couple that with hitting a 1 in a 10 million freakish athletic gene lottery along with height and you have this.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Think what it comes down to is just either preference, jealousy, or pure stupid if you talk shit on Bron at every step. I was similar in 80's and into the 90's with Jordan. Sure I realized he was a phenomenal special player with great talents. However I was a Magic guy and Michael was the antithesis of Magic. He was a player that seemed to be more a 1 trick pony good for highlight reels while jacking up 35 shots a night. His gm did improve and got more well rounded in 90's but Damn did I not enjoy seeing him win that many titles especially his 1st beating my boy.

I got no hate for Jordan and realize his greatness but just not my guy. Some of these clowns who constantly bash Bron should just extend an olive branch and admit while you might not like him his greatness as a player is special and undeniable. Least that way you don't sound like a clueless fool.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Don't know why everyone always says Magic was a bad shooter either just dumb. Hes was not "great" but certainly good. Had a bit of an ugly "pushlike" shot style but still over 50% for his career including MANY game winners, phenomenal from ft line, and could play in/out. Had a higher career fg% than most people's golden boy his airness....just sayin!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Means nothing when you have a supporting cast, he wouldn't fight Hibbert in the street 1 on 1. Id push Hibbert in an NBA game when I know I have backup and its only gonna last 3 seconds. Besides people fight personalities, Hibbert is a slow teddy bear, its not like he pushed a Ben Wallace type, or even West on the Pacers, in other words he knew what he was doing, he ain't crazy.
    Exactly. He knew Hibbert wasn't going to drop him with a haymaker for a multitude of reasons. These skirmishes always make me laugh, all posturing. The players know the coaches and refs are going to break it up so they get in a few shoves, try to project toughness and gain locker room respect

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Don't know why everyone always says Magic was a bad shooter either just dumb. Hes was not "great" but certainly good. Had a bit of an ugly "pushlike" shot style but still over 50% for his career including MANY game winners, phenomenal from ft line, and could play in/out. Had a higher career fg% than most people's golden boy his airness....just sayin!
    Magic was the best offensive player the game ever saw.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Agree LB to some degree but I will take a more objective approach and say "to my eyes and taste". That 80's Lakers Showtime squad was truly a pleasure to watch. Hurt so much when I found out news in Nov 91 I stopped watching hoop for most part except playoffs for several years. Kinda why I like and truly respect Bron so much. Not a "fanboy" and he's NOT Magic but certainly is in his sorta way and I appreciate it. Earvin Magic Johnson certainly the best/most versatile and most exciting #1spot if not player my eyes have ever seen. And I've seen them all since 80's glory days of nba.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-24-15 at 03:24 PM.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Magic was the best offensive player the game ever saw.
    Lbron is Magic 2.0

Magic is the IBM 360. He'll always be the first, the original. But players since have eclipsed him. He's still top 10
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Good post Kraken! Players always evolve, get bigger, stronger , faster as the gm goes and evolves. That's the beauty of sports and why we love it so much!! Should always appreciate today's greatness while at same time appreciating, learning about etc from past legends like Joe D, Magic, Montana on and forever those who really pioneered building this thing for what we have today even if you didn't see it 1st hand.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave R.P. McMurphy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Spurs would easily beat cavs this year

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

i cant wait till he gets blown out by Golden State. Hawks are just as bad as i said when the playoffs started. A hyped up team with a great record because they were sold just to fill their sucker fan base for the coming year. Seen it a million times. Team was nothing but an average team allowed to win this year NBA style. Right when the sale was in its most important sages i think they won 33 out of 35. Fuking pigeons everywhere that get plucked by this phony shit.

The Kraken

Even if they do get blown ot, which I dont believe they will (nobody on GS can guard BronBron, so he'll keep it close by himself but no one on GS has finals experience either.

I'm not knowckkng GS, I think it goes 7 but even if GS sweeps, what Lbron has done for this cle team is amazing.

First 12