Throwawayaway
    Throwawayaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

ROCKETS! new car, here I come!

Betting $1819 to win $20,009 for the Rockets to win this series against GSW. Rockets looked great for 1.5 quarters last night, and if they keep that kind of play up, they will steal home court advantage with a game 2 victory. After that, they have all the momentum they need to take this series. I am glad GSW won game 1, it gave me a better series price on Houston, at 11:1. It's worth taking a shot here, this is the NBA. Anything can happen.

Throwawayaway

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

yolo

expression
    expression's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 799

ride that rocket to the moon!!! or crash and burn before you even leave earth

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

I'm pulling for you Throw.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by terrortwylight View Post
    I'm pulling for you Throw.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    ride that rocket to the moon!!! or crash and burn before you even leave earth
    It's all profit. I figure why not, take a shot and roll the dice. Just a gut feeling this hits. If I lose, I am still up, and if this would've hit and I didn't place a bet on it, I would always be kicking myself for not betting it. Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    yolo

Pretty much.

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

I would have never had the balls to put that much money on it. Maybe $50 tops for me. You got balls.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Damn, I think GSW sweep has way more value.

If you really think the Rockets can beat them Warriors, why not Rockets to win it all at 20:1? You think they beat GSW on the road and then fall to either East team?

I can picture you riding the bus in a few weeks and cursing Dwight Howard and Harden the whole way.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Damn, I think GSW sweep has way more value.

If you really think the Rockets can beat them Warriors, why not Rockets to win it all at 20:1? You think they beat GSW on the road and then fall to either East team?

I can picture you riding the bus in a few weeks and cursing Dwight Howard and Harden the whole way.

I honestly think if the Cavs beat Atlanta, the Cavs have a great shot to win it all if they play Houston, so that's why I didn't make that bet. I am up over $5,000 in profit from the playoffs this far, so this is far from an "all in" play, and even if I lose the bet, I am still doing really well. No bus for me, regardless of the outcome, thanks.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Looks like you need the new car more than I do...

jsdjason
    jsdjason's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Think about this. It took Shaun Livingston going off and a Howard injury + Curry blazing from 3 (which he is obviously capable of) for GS to pull one out in the 4th against a team playing Terrence Jones at center. Terrence Jones, who blew last night. GS is a great regular season team, but they will be proven to be incapable of winning a championship. If they beat Houston then Cleveland will handle them.

Houston IMO is better built than GS for playoff basketball, it's just Houston has no luck with injuries. Houston was basically down 3 starters last night after Dwight got hurt. Dwight was obviously not the same, he couldn't even jump really.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by jsdjason View Post
    Think about this. It took Shaun Livingston going off and a Howard injury + Curry blazing from 3 (which he is obviously capable of) for GS to pull one out in the 4th against a team playing Terrence Jones at center. Terrence Jones, who blew last night. GS is a great regular season team, but they will be proven to be incapable of winning a championship. If they beat Houston then Cleveland will handle them.

Houston IMO is better built than GS for playoff basketball, it's just Houston has no luck with injuries. Houston was basically down 3 starters last night after Dwight got hurt. Dwight was obviously not the same, he couldn't even jump really.

If Houston steals game 2 without Howard at all I will be counting my money. I think Houston is at least 2-2 after 4 games, and if they win game 2, 3-1 is not so farfetched.

Throwawayaway

Anyone on here think Houston stands a chance in game 2?

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

U cant be serious taking houston on the series.... I doubke down tonight on gokden state -10.5.. I took houston last game and was lucky they cover... Tonight will be a blow out.. Howard and jsmoosh suck cawks and got tiny littke girl fingers keep losing the ball. Expect 15 plus point blow out tonight.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayaway View Post
    If Houston steals game 2 without Howard at all I will be counting my money. I think Houston is at least 2-2 after 4 games, and if they win game 2, 3-1 is not so farfetched.
    Are you trying to convince us, or yourself ??? BOL either way.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by greypimps View Post
    U cant be serious taking houston on the series.... I doubke down tonight on gokden state -10.5.. I took houston last game and was lucky they cover... Tonight will be a blow out.. Howard and jsmoosh suck cawks and got tiny littke girl fingers keep losing the ball. Expect 15 plus point blow out tonight.

I think Houston keeps it close either way tonight. Sorry about your luck, but Houston isn't getting blown out here tonight. They might not win, but it will not be a 10+ point loss.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Are you trying to convince us, or yourself ??? BOL either way.
    A little of both. It's profit either way. I just had a gut feeling and went with it. Win or lose, I am still up quite a bit. Just felt like rolling the dice here.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

What a tool. Houston ain't winning lol. Even dumbass laker boy is on Houston.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    What a tool. Houston ain't winning lol. Even dumbass laker boy is on Houston.

Cool post! Thank you for your advice and information! A thousand thank you's!!!
    Last edited by Throwawayaway; 05-21-15 at 03:14 PM.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Throwawayaway

Sexy car. Might look into it.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayaway View Post
    Sexy car. Might look into it.
    Collectible too.

Go Rockets.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Reminds me of the shot I took on Chicago to win the East at +785.

I just hope for you that if you lose it's a sweep or a 4-1 series. There's nothing worse than taking this type of shot and coming close like I did, when it was all the way down to about +150 before game 4 vs the Cavs and they dominated game 4 for 3 quarters. When you do it feels like you lost 20k. If you lose quickly at least it only feels like you lost 2k.

Good luck. I don't really see it but I don't hate the bet that much either.

Throwawayaway

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Reminds me of the shot I took on Chicago to win the East at +785.

I just hope for you that if you lose it's a sweep or a 4-1 series. There's nothing worse than taking this type of shot and coming close like I did, when it was all the way down to about +150 before game 4 vs the Cavs and they dominated game 4 for 3 quarters. When you do it feels like you lost 20k. If you lose quickly at least it only feels like you lost 2k.

Good luck. I don't really see it but I don't hate the bet that much either.
    Well put. If it gets to game 7 I will probably hedge to come out of this bet with at least 2 grand profit, and roll the dice on the rest.

Throwawayaway

Just placed a bet on game 2. $981 to win $5003, Houston ML, game 2. I already have a series bet with Houston, and I believe if they win this series, they have to win tonight. Good luck, everyone!

Throwawayaway

Rockets were 1 play away from winning game 2. So close!! Shocked they neglected to call timeout at the end there, but oh well, on to the next one. Houston needs game 3 big time. I have all the confidence in the world they take care of business tonight, and in game 4 to tie the series.

Throwawayaway

Crossing my fingers that a miracle above all miracles happens here and Rockets win 4 in a row... lmao... I know it is unlikely, but hey, gotta keep hope alive, right?

LMAO

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Why not drop another bill on the +3500. That'll cover the taxes on the new ride.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

you would blow almost 17k on that dressed up hatchback ?

My 1979 Plymouth Horizon was a better vehicle.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

That Beemer is ugly btw.

Throwawayaway

haha

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Why not drop another bill on the +3500. That'll cover the taxes on the new ride.
    Yeah... if game 2 would've ended differently, and I was sitting at 2-2 right now I would honestly bet a bit more on tonight's game, but I am sitting at 1-3 and have lost faith. GSW is just too great of a shooting team to think they will not close this series out tonight.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big time gut check. Nuff respect!
    Howard has played like a bum, what is his deal? Is he underpaid? He barley tries at all and he gives up on loose balls all the time.

12 Last