homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

JR smith should be suspended 10 gms minimum

But he'll probably only get 5. Based on his history of disciplinary problems silver should throw the book at him like stern did to metta world prick in the 2012 playoffs when he elbowed harden

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

I guess 2 games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is another typical black guy that cannot control his temper as there are only 10 million of them in usa

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

i heard Barkley say 5 games as well, but i'll believe it when i see it. something tells me the league is going to take into account what happened to Love and be more lenient.

you have to keep in mind he only got 1 game for his obvious elbow to Terry's face in the 2013 playoffs. i could honestly see him only getting 2, maybe 3 max.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Boston might not have won but they took two of the most important CAVs players down with them.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

final ruling goes through lebron, whatever he says will go

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Boston might not have won but they took two of the most important CAVs players down with them.
    Yes Cleve might be dogs next series

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    i heard Barkley say 5 games as well, but i'll believe it when i see it. something tells me the league is going to take into account what happened to Love and be more lenient.

you have to keep in mind he only got 1 game for his obvious elbow to Terry's face in the 2013 playoffs. i could honestly see him only getting 2, maybe 3 max.
    My cousin told me about what Barkley said but I had my own opinion way before it.

What happened to love had nothing to do with this. Silver isn't dumb enough to connect the two. Each event should be taken and considered on its own merit. Leadership 101

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post

I'm thinking something like that too. But it should be alot of games, it looked to be very intentional, but he says it wasn't malicious, So I believe him.

jjgold

I think the JR Smith suspension is really going to hurt Cleveland and could cost them a trip to the finals.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

"probably only get 5"

how clueless can you get my god

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Yep..The Celts couldn't have done a better job at beating up Cleveland in the 4 games..Kyrie re-aggravtated his injury, JR Smith is gone, Love is gone..that could cost them

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    My cousin told me about what Barkley said but I had my own opinion way before it.

What happened to love had nothing to do with this. Silver isn't dumb enough to connect the two. Each event should be taken and considered on its own merit. Leadership 101
    Except that is never how it works. Repeat offending and history matters.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    "probably only get 5"

how clueless can you get my god
    Metta world punk got 7 gms. Btw I bet u had the spurs yday

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Except that is never how it works. Repeat offending and history matters.
    I'm talking about the love injury and the jr smith event as not being taken together when doling out punishment. Just because love is out it shouldn't mean leniency for smith

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    I'm thinking something like that too. But it should be alot of games, it looked to be very intentional, but he says it wasn't malicious, So I believe him.
    Of course he's gonna say it wasn't malicious. He's lying through his thug teeth. He's hoping for leniency. He swung his arm backwards like a motherfukker looking to inflict damage then started a stare down at Crowder as he was on the floor. Then reality set in quickly and smith looked up and walked away because he knows he's fukked.

existential

yeah, i don't know. just a suspicion that 'other factors' might influence Silver's decision. i.e. assuming Love will miss some significant time, the quality of the Cavs/Bulls series would already take a hit. and then to suspend Smith for more than 2-3 games, it'd hurt that series even more. Silver seems to be most concerned about the entertainment value of the NBA (in addition to being LeBron's best friend), so i just wouldn't be surprised is all i'm saying.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You guys are babies, I'm glad they let them be more physical in playoffs, regular season everything is called, not now, more physical.2 games max. In old days I remember seeing guys fight and not be ejected lol. But he should get something. 10 games lol. Homie you're always over excessive.
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-27-15 at 03:05 PM.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

There will be some hard fouls vs the Bulls you can count on that..looking forward to that series.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You guys are babies, I'm glad they let them be more physical in playoffs, regular everything is called, not now, more physical.2 games max. In old days I remember seeing guys fight and not be ejected lol. But he should get something. 10 games lol. Homie you're always over excessive.
    That was a really wicked elbow/forearm. If that caught him flush, he literally could have killed him.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

That dirty MF Crowder got WTF he deserved. Smith will pay but who cares, they won't need him til conference final anyway. Bulls suck.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

That was a really wicked elbow/forearm. If that caught him flush, he literally could have killed him.
    Was it his hand or forearm that hit him, I thought hand. But yeah even in slow motion that swing was fast as heck.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Most guys, this would be 1 game. As a repeat offender, I say he gets 2 games. I'd be really surprised if it's 5 or 10 or anything like that. 1 or 2 and I lean to 2.

Here’s a rundown of his suspensions and fines:

** December 2006: Smith was suspended 10 games by the league for his part in a brawl between the Nuggets and Knicks that began when New York’s Mardy Collins flagrantly fouled him on a fastbreak.
    ** October 2007: Smith was suspended for the first three games of the season by Denver for his involvement in an incident in a Denver night club.
    ** August 2009: Smith was suspended for seven games for his role in a car accident that resulted in the death of a passenger.
    ** February 2011: Smith was fined $25,000 for a flagrant foul on Utah’s Raja Bell.
    ** March 2012: The swingman was fined $25,000 for posting a picture of a scantily clad woman on his Twitter account.
    ** April 2013: Smith was suspended for Game 4 of a first-round playoff series after delivering an elbow the chin of Jason Terry.
    ** September 2013: Smith was suspended for five games for violating the league’s anti-drug program. The suspension did not start until after he recovered from knee surgery.
    ** November 2013: Smith was fined $25,000 for directing hostile and inappropriate comments toward Milwaukee’s Brandon Jennings on Twitter.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how many games did meta world peace get for that elbow to harden's face?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I'm guessing 1 game

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 or 3 games ...max

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    how many games did meta world peace get for that elbow to harden's face?
    7 gms. 1 in the playoffs because the Lakers got eliminated by okc the next gm Then 6 games to start the 2012-13 season
    Last edited by homie1975; 04-27-15 at 04:41 PM.

homie1975

Those of u predicting 1-2 games are completely off your rockers. Dude swung his arm full speed at a defenseless player and the dude Crowder damn near tore ligaments falling to the floor so awkwardly.

Adam silver will send a clear mssg to the lifelong trouble maker. I'm so glad he's the nba commish instead of some of u who are so out of touch with today's day and age of reality

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Those of u predicting 1-2 games are completely off your rockers. Dude swung his arm full speed at a defenseless player and the dude Crowder damn near tore ligaments falling to the floor so awkwardly.

Adam silver will send a clear mssg to the lifelong trouble maker. I'm so glad he's the nba commish instead of some of u who are so out of touch with today's day and age of reality
    We'll see. My bet is no more than 2, but maybe you're right.

What do you think -- 5?

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Most guys, this would be 1 game. As a repeat offender, I say he gets 2 games. I'd be really surprised if it's 5 or 10 or anything like that. 1 or 2 and I lean to 2.

Here’s a rundown of his suspensions and fines:

** December 2006: Smith was suspended 10 games by the league for his part in a brawl between the Nuggets and Knicks that began when New York’s Mardy Collins flagrantly fouled him on a fastbreak.
    ** October 2007: Smith was suspended for the first three games of the season by Denver for his involvement in an incident in a Denver night club.
    ** August 2009: Smith was suspended for seven games for his role in a car accident that resulted in the death of a passenger.
    ** February 2011: Smith was fined $25,000 for a flagrant foul on Utah’s Raja Bell.
    ** March 2012: The swingman was fined $25,000 for posting a picture of a scantily clad woman on his Twitter account.
    ** April 2013: Smith was suspended for Game 4 of a first-round playoff series after delivering an elbow the chin of Jason Terry.
    ** September 2013: Smith was suspended for five games for violating the league’s anti-drug program. The suspension did not start until after he recovered from knee surgery.
    ** November 2013: Smith was fined $25,000 for directing hostile and inappropriate comments toward Milwaukee’s Brandon Jennings on Twitter.
    Yeah 1 is appropriate but 2 wouldn't be outrageous given the history.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Crowder and the entire Celtics team was trying to play bully ball just like all Stevens coached teams. They knew they had no chance in this series until they hurt several Cavs players. Game 3 was fukking ridiculous, with all the C's pushing, grabbing, and mugging. Olynyk pulls Loves arm out of the socket, Crowder pushing Lebron, Turner clotheslined Lebron, Isiah slid underneath Tristan Thomas and rode him out of bounds that could have shattered his knee. Then Crowder pushed JR several times in the back (while the fukking refs stood by and watched). WTF do you expect. JR knocked that bitch out. The Celtics were warned several times and it took Crowder getting knocked the fuk out. Pussy ass bitch.

No suspension. Game on...

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

I guess 2 games.
    Spot on.

jjgold

When is the ruling??

existential

you really need to stop slurping on Silver, he's a goon just like the one before.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    When is the ruling??
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-for-two-games

12 Last