MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

On a losing streak and trying to turn it around

Going through a tough stretch in the NBA. I'm no expert capper, just another guy doing this for a hobby. Here's my last 6 plays. All were bet at 1.90 / -110:

Blazers/Lakers - over 204.0 $50 LOSS

Pelicans/Celtics - Pelicans -5.0 $50 LOSS

Spurs/Wizards - Spurs +1.0 $50 LOSS

Mavs/Kings - Mavs -5.0 $50 LOSS

Blazers/Clippers - Blazers -3.5 $50 LOSS

Thunder/Rockets - Thunder +1.0 $50 LOSS

Down $300 for the week. The only positive is I've stuck to being disciplined and haven't chased losses by doubling up.

Here's today's play:

HAWKS/RAPTORS RAPTORS +2.0 @1.90/-110 $50

If I get trolled, so be it. Losing streaks are part of the game. Gonna use this thread to track my plays for the rest of the season.

Tail or fade, good luck everyone.

Emf66
    Emf66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Going through a tough stretch in the NBA. I'm no expert capper, just another guy doing this for a hobby. Here's my last 6 plays. All were bet at 1.90 / -110:

Blazers/Lakers - over 204.0 $50 LOSS

Pelicans/Celtics - Pelicans -5.0 $50 LOSS

Spurs/Wizards - Spurs +1.0 $50 LOSS

Mavs/Kings - Mavs -5.0 $50 LOSS

Blazers/Clippers - Blazers -3.5 $50 LOSS

Thunder/Rockets - Thunder +1.0 $50 LOSS

Down $300 for the week. The only positive is I've stuck to being disciplined and haven't chased losses by doubling up.

Here's today's play:

HAWKS/RAPTORS RAPTORS +2.0 @1.90/-110 $50

If I get trolled, so be it. Losing streaks are part of the game. Gonna use this thread to track my plays for the rest of the season.

Tail or fade, good luck everyone.
    your plays werent easy and when you do for a hobby you are going to get smacked at times sometimes
    severely. Make fewer plays and easier ones so you get positive momentum going. A great rule of thumb to getting started is setting a goal which seems ridiculously ease – Make $5 a week – and achieve it. Why? Because if you cant make $5 then you need to work on every aspect or you will lose
    and lose. The good news? If you can make $5 you are off and running because everything scales. I learned all the above as a currency day trader and it completely applies to sports betting. Hope that helps
    Points Awarded:

MrXYZ gave Emf66 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MrXYZ

Thanks for the insightful reply. I've been sports betting for a while but mostly Aussie sports. Set aside some cash to go a full season of NBA but it's gone downhill fast. Hawks can't miss so it's another loser today.
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 01-16-15 at 07:18 PM.

MrXYZ

Twolves/Suns SUNS -13.5 @1.90/-110 $50

MrXYZ

HAWKS/RAPTORS RAPTORS +2.0 @1.90/-110 $50 LOSSTwolves/Suns SUNS -13.5 @1.90/-110 $50 LOSS
    Today: 0-2 -$100
    Running total: 0-8 -$400

So the NBA losing streak is now at 8.

Raptors was a bad play, no excuses. Hawks showed why they're the best in the East. They led all the way and shot 60%. Meanwhile the Suns went scoreless for the last 2 minutes of the game to kill any hope for the spread. Sickening.

Back tomorrow for more fun.
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 01-17-15 at 04:03 AM.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Dude!

Your plays suck!!! Sorry to say but from looking at your plays, I can tell your throwing darts at the wall when making your plays. You need help! Just play Clippers today against the Kings to re-coup your funds. Thank me afterwards!

Spudymatt
    Spudymatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 998

Dang that is some bad luck!
    Maybe try the opposite picks mate. Don't be afraid to back the teams you are scared to.
    Worked for me

Emf66

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymapalo View Post
    Your plays suck!!! Sorry to say but from looking at your plays, I can tell your throwing darts at the wall when making your plays. You need help! Just play Clippers today against the Kings to re-coup your funds. Thank me afterwards!
    Mr X, Im going to repeat what I just posted in another thread as it relates to Johnnys thoughts. I hate Sac but read what I wrote about the Clips from last nights game before firing in. See below

I watched this game full 2nd half, here are my thoughts comments welcome

1. Docs coaching had a huge impact - Clippers up 8/comfortable, Cavs start hack a shaq with Jordan and he isnt able to convert enough ft's. Cavs get momentum and close gap – Clippers slide back
      Subs Austin for Paul – he proceeds to shoot bricks, gets picked by Irving and shows exactly why the Pelicans Execs are moonwalking after his trade complete. He is not NBA ready
      By this time Irving is rolling and you have to say the way he was playing offensively – inside and out – was as good as there is in the NBA. His shooting was off the chart and ability to create for himself unstoppable. The Clippers stopped any offensive rebounding – ghost town under the basket on many shots – and their defense on Lebron and Irving was laughable. Repeatedly fouling isnt in Basketball 101 defense chapter the last time I looked. Worse yet fouling a shooter to soft so they get repeated baskets and the ft is a firing offense. That happened on at least 4 occassions as I recall.
      In summary I feel the Clippers are a dangerous pick because their line is always inflated severely and they have giant holes which can become glaring and exposed

Emf66

Today: 0-2 -$100
    Running total: 0-8 -$400

So the NBA losing streak is now at 8.

Raptors was a bad play, no excuses. Hawks showed why they're the best in the East. They led all the way and shot 60%. Meanwhile the Suns went scoreless for the last 2 minutes of the game to kill any hope for the spread. Sickening.

Back tomorrow for more fun.
    MrX - see below, cheers

MrXYZ

Quote Originally Posted by Emf66 View Post
    Mr X, Im going to repeat what I just posted in another thread as it relates to Johnnys thoughts. I hate Sac but read what I wrote about the Clips from last nights game before firing in. See below

I watched this game full 2nd half, here are my thoughts comments welcome

1. Docs coaching had a huge impact - Clippers up 8/comfortable, Cavs start hack a shaq with Jordan and he isnt able to convert enough ft's. Cavs get momentum and close gap – Clippers slide back
      Subs Austin for Paul – he proceeds to shoot bricks, gets picked by Irving and shows exactly why the Pelicans Execs are moonwalking after his trade complete. He is not NBA ready
      By this time Irving is rolling and you have to say the way he was playing offensively – inside and out – was as good as there is in the NBA. His shooting was off the chart and ability to create for himself unstoppable. The Clippers stopped any offensive rebounding – ghost town under the basket on many shots – and their defense on Lebron and Irving was laughable. Repeatedly fouling isnt in Basketball 101 defense chapter the last time I looked. Worse yet fouling a shooter to soft so they get repeated baskets and the ft is a firing offense. That happened on at least 4 occassions as I recall.
      In summary I feel the Clippers are a dangerous pick because their line is always inflated severely and they have giant holes which can become glaring and exposed
    good analysis, Clippers start to the season was terrible and they have been trying to get their act together ever since. They seem frustrated and disinterested at times. The 5 game stretch from late December is telling: they lost to the Raptors, barely won against the Jazz, beat up Knicks & 76ers, the lost to the Hawks. The championship window is over for this group and they need to make some trades.

MrXYZ

Pacers/Hornets PACERS -1.5 @1.85/-115 $50

Found this number at Tabsportsbet.

Emf66

Mr X, whats the thought process here? cheers

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

I'm on hornets ml.. Don't feel so great anymore . Your luck has to turn around sooner or later

Emf66

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    I'm on hornets ml.. Don't feel so great anymore . Your luck has to turn around sooner or later
    remember Kemba is out

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

What else ya got?

MrXYZ

9 losses in a row. I'll be back tomorrow for another fade.

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

I was on the HORNETS, but I admit I got lucky after it was announced that kemba was being held out. However, the Pacers have nothing going for them. I have no idea what got you on them...

Otherwise, today's card was fairly easy. atlanta, memphis, clippers were easy picks. golden state/houston over was no sweat. You gotta be following the sport for the while to know how teams play. take the time to do some research on the picks...at least 5 minutes.

Ant2nv
    Ant2nv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

Tabsportsbet..u must be aussie right?

I"ll give u my lil secret, play Portland Team totals over, when they have a low scoring (under 50 or so) 1st half.. they always explode in the 3rd or 4th qtr..its easy money!!
    But u have to ring up and play in the run, but if u follow portland you"ll be laughing.. dont think ppl on here relise how good port are 2nd halves :-)

Ant2nv
    Ant2nv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

Today woke up late had 1 play, saw Port 42pts first half.. rang up for TT over 93.5pts, they started the 3rd qtr sooo slow but still hit 98pts..

anywayz man i dont post much, but def keep an eye out for Port 2nd halves..

you"re luck is bound to turn around soon..once u break the losing streak the wins will flow thru!!

MrXYZ

Quote Originally Posted by jay89 View Post
    I was on the HORNETS, but I admit I got lucky after it was announced that kemba was being held out. However, the Pacers have nothing going for them. I have no idea what got you on them...

Otherwise, today's card was fairly easy. atlanta, memphis, clippers were easy picks. golden state/houston over was no sweat. You gotta be following the sport for the while to know how teams play. take the time to do some research on the picks...at least 5 minutes.
    Easy to talk Sh*t about 'easy cards' after the games are over.
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 01-18-15 at 01:22 AM.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Some laughable posts in here---"easy plays." Post game analysis. So many clowns.

Op, we all go through losing streaks. Ignore the baboons and gl tomorrow.

MrXYZ

Pacers/Hornets PACERS -1.5 @1.85/-115 $50 LOSS

Today: 0-1 -$50
    Running total: 0-9 -$450

Getting my next play in now. My summer holidays are over. It's back to work, got an early start so won't have time to post in the morning.

OKC Thunder / Orlando Magic Game total OVER 210.5 @1.90/-110 $50

This could go on...16 or 18 losses in a row. Where does it end? Aside from Toronto, any of those plays could've hit. Have not had such a bad run in 3 years of sports betting. I won't be reloading after this debacle. Maybe it's time to close my accounts.

Thanks to Emf66, NavsPicks, Ant2nv, Spudymatt, High3rEl3m3n for your comments.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by jay89 View Post

Pacers led the entire game until the final few minutes. I don't agree Hornets were the obvious play ... I was on them +2.5 but I felt super lucky to win.

I do agree that you have to know nba is a grind for the players and some games they phone it in. You have to be able to predict some of this...

johnnymapalo

Today: 0-1 -$50
    Running total: 0-9 -$450

Getting my next play in now. My summer holidays are over. It's back to work, got an early start so won't have time to post in the morning.

OKC Thunder / Orlando Magic Game total OVER 210.5 @1.90/-110 $50

This could go on...16 or 18 losses in a row. Where does it end? Aside from Toronto, any of those plays could've hit. Have not had such a bad run in 3 years of sports betting. I won't be reloading after this debacle. Maybe it's time to close my accounts.

Thanks to Emf66, NavsPicks, Ant2nv, Spudymatt, High3rEl3m3n for your comments.

Dude!! You deserve to lose and get your legs broken by your bookie. I told you to go with the Clippers (spread was at -6.5 at the time) and thank me later and you just did what you always do. Place another losing bet!! Buds, your not good at this. I think you need to start blindly tailing someone and fast.

crackerjack

Dude!! You deserve to lose and get your legs broken by your bookie. I told you to go with the Clippers (spread was at -6.5 at the time) and thank me later and you just did what you always do. Pick another losing pick!! Buds, your not good at this. I think you need to start blindly tailing someone and fast.
    What a dick.

johnnymapalo

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    What a dick.
    I'm not being a dick! It's obvious this guy has no clue what he's doing. He's picking losers on a daily basis. Seems to me he's just throwing darts on a board and making plays without doing any research or capping. He should start tailing and fast if he wants to re-coup some of his loses.

crackerjack

I'm not being a dick! It's obvious this guy has no clue what he's doing. He's picking losers on a daily basis. Seems to me he's just throwing darts on a board and making plays without doing any research or capping. He should start tailing and fast if he wants to re-coup some of his loses.
    Saying someone should have their legs broken is a dick thing to say and you know it...

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

I hope you get one today.

Where are you at that it's summer time ? S. Anerica, Africa, Australia?

johnnymapalo

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Saying someone should have their legs broken is a dick thing to say and you know it...
    Well, go eat a dick then!! You must have nearly gotten your legs broken. Lol. Seems like that statement hit you in your soft spot.

Emf66

Easy to talk Sh*t about 'easy cards' after the games are over.
    Mr X, relax & dont get to worked up. Back to basics, if you have been betting for three years then you
    must be doing the standard requirements – knowledge / cash management / selection etc – reasonably enough. To me the gap must be purely in your experience on the NBA so the solution is to demo bet
    only for one month or at least until you are breaking even over the course of 1 week. That is actually
    advice I would give to anyone regardless of situation. In my opinion if you cant make successful picks
    without money you will definitely be able to when you money/emotion to the mix. The last point is
    time allocated, if you arent very structured and putting in a strong amount of hours and focus it will
    be a hard road to haul so match expectation with hours input ie low hours = low expectation. Im sure
    you will realize many of these points but sometimes its good getting a refresher. Best of luck, relax and
    keep the chin up

Emf66

correction! lol

In my opinion if you cant make successful picks
    without money you will definitely NOT be able to when you money/emotion to the mix

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

if you're emotions play a role in your bets, you will always lose. go release some of your emotions, bust a nut in a chick or something, then come back.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

It'll probably end soon. Getting 16 in a row wrong is just as hard as getting 16 in a row right.

MrXYZ

Dude!! You deserve to lose and get your legs broken by your bookie. I told you to go with the Clippers (spread was at -6.5 at the time) and thank me later and you just did what you always do. Place another losing bet!! Buds, your not good at this. I think you need to start blindly tailing someone and fast.
    Yeah whatever. You little keyboard tough guy.

BTW gambling on sports is perfectly legal in Australia, we don't sneak around placing bets with some guy named Vinnie.

MrXYZ

Quote Originally Posted by Emf66 View Post
    correction! lol

In my opinion if you cant make successful picks
    without money you will definitely NOT be able to when you money/emotion to the mix
    I work for a Forex company and 'practice accounts' are popular way to draw in noob currency traders. They get some confidence in making trades and most lose with real money.

12 Last