georgestove
    I got the nuts
    georgestove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The Stove's Every Game Regular Season Pick Thread

I've been running good in NFL this season... soooo with all that extra money I will be betting EVERY single NBA game this season. I will be putting 1 unit (20 bucks) minimum on every games spread. For ones I'm more sure about I will lay down 2 units. If a line is +1/-1 I will just take the moneyline. I'm by no means a pro but I have been known to go on heaters. I also watch a lot of basketball.... a lot, so tail away if you like to gambooool. I'll also post a sentence or two on my thinking for each game.

So I'll start with the first 3 games:
    Houston -6 1U
    Lakers are crap. Jeremy Lin and an already beat up price at point along with the fossil they call Kobe will struggle even against the garbage Houston d. Houston wins this by double digits cause of their superior scoring ability.

Magic +9.5 1U
    The magic are bad but are they double digits bad? Maybe. This is a flip I have a feeling the pelicans will definately be up double digits at home, but they let it go back under in garbage time.

Mavericks +4.5 1U
    Mavericks got some exciting new pieces, while the spurs.... Well their old, but they're wily old. This will come down to the clutch and when I first saw the game I thought the mavs would be favorited. Do I see the spurs winning by 5? Not really.

georgestove
    I got the nuts

2-1 +.9U
    Didn't see that the Magic were playing without Oladipo might have taken the other side but oh well. Time to look at today's lines.

Dallas +4.5 vs Spurs WIN
    Magic +9.5 vs Pelicans LOSS
    Rockets -6 vs Lakers WIN
    Last edited by georgestove; 10-29-14 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Putting in Wins and Losses

georgestove
    I got the nuts

Card for October 29th
    Sixers +7 vs Pacers 1U
    Holy moly theres just injuries galore in this one. Pacers starting their 3rd string point guard with a whole list of starters injured on top of that. Hopefully Embiid and Noel go off and make a game of this.

Raptors -4 vs Hawks 1U
    This one is tough. Raptors got their solid lineup back from last year and are developing them further. Hawks got Horford back, with pieces around him like Teague, Korver, and Sefolosha. I'd take the Raptors solely on the chemistry that they already have and the fact that their home.

Wizards +4 vs Heat 1U
    The Heat got Deng, McRoberts and Granger in the offseason to somehow try and replace Lebron but I don't think it will cut it in this game. They STILL don't have any inside presence with McRoberts and Birdman probably being the two guys to snag boards. They are going to get BTFO by Gortat and Nene inside which may be the difference here. Not to mention John Wall and Bradley Beal breathing down their necks.

Bulls -4 vs Knicks 1U
    This one has a bunch of question marks on it. We all know that D Rose and Melo are gonna go off, so this will come down to the supporting cast. Will Amare be a scrub again? Will Bargniani finally play better now that the got Calderon at point? Will the Bulls brick 1000000 shots rely on their gnarly defense? We'll wait and see but I think with Gasol and Noah being board monsters and the Bulls possibly having a better offense with the D Rose spark, they got the slight edge even in MSG.

Grizzlies -8 vs Timberwolves 1U
    With a healthy Gasol, Conley, and Tony Allen the Grizzlies are lookin strong. T-wolves got a couple interesting draft picks, Thaddeus Young, and Anthony Bennett from the Cavs but with a scrub that constantly gets injured Pekovic, matched up against Gasol in the middle its not lookin good for the T-wolves. Too many unknowns for them and too much chemistry for the Grizz, I think the Grizz roll them at home double digits.

Nuggets -7 vs Pistons 1U
    Nuggets got back Gallinari from injury with Ty Lawson, Faried, and big, dumb, but not to be underestimated Javale McGee they look to be formidable this year. With the depth additions of Augustin and Jodie Meeks the Pistons are gonna try to put it together this year. Look for Jennings, Smith and Drummond to go off too. But with no Monroe playin in this one and the ancient fossil known as Joel Anthony as the back up center if Drummond goes out, this one is clearly leaning to the Nuggets. The line is close but I think the Nuggets could pull away in the 4th and I also cant trust a team that only got 27 wins last year.

Blazers -8 vs Thunder 2U
    Unless Westbrook goes Kobe mode and pulls off a miracle theres no way the Thunder are gonna be close. They have so many injuries including league MVP the Durantula and Kendrick Perkins, that if him and Ibaka arent miracle workers then this will be bad. Expect huge things from Aldrige, Lillard, and Batum and this one should go into a double digit W for the home team.

More to come when other lines come out...

kainomac
    kainomac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Don't know how much this affects your choice but Beal is injured so won't be playing tomorrow, GL otherwise!

georgestove
    I got the nuts

Quote Originally Posted by kainomac View Post
    Don't know how much this affects your choice but Beal is injured so won't be playing tomorrow, GL otherwise!
    This probably won't be enough to sway me the other way, but thanks for the info and gl with your bets

Continued card for October 29
    Bucks +8.5 vs Hornets 1U
    I'm not exactly sure how to feel about this one. The Hornets are definately better especially pickin up Stephenson in the off season, but the bucks also got a little better lineup. Larry Sanders, Brandon Knight, Jabari Parker, and that guy with the really long name at the other guard position, should make this interesting but I think they still lose. I see it being close till the end, but I could be dead wrong and this could easily be a blowout for the Hornets at home. Tread cautiously.

Nets -2 vs Celtics 1U
    With Rondo coming off a broken hand and a whole new look for the Celts with Evan Turner and Marcus Smart and others, there's too much uncertainty here for me for a Celts W. Hopefully Brooklyn gets their stuff together and get some production for that heavily overpaid lineup and preform better under the new coaches system.

Rockets -3.5 vs Jazz 1U
    I don't see why the line is moving on Utah. The Rockets looked good yesterday and dare I say their defense looked better even taking into account they played the ***tlord lakers. Utah picked up a lot of good young talent and I'd pay close attention to Exum, but this team still needs development. Just because of the wierd movement I'll only go one unit in case I'm missing something here but I'm pretty sure the Rockets beat them by 4.

Suns -12.5 vs Lakers 2U
    Wow did the Lakers look bad yesterday or what? And with Randle gone it just got a lot worse. With Boozer and Kobe as the only 2 in double digits against the Rockets D, i don't see how you can pick the Lakers here. This solid Suns team will roll them at home.

Kings +4.5 vs Warriors 1U
    I smell a close game here, and when I do I like the side with the points. Expect an ungodly amount of 3's and scoring in general in this game. With no David Lee in here and a banged up Bogut, expect Demarcus Cousins to go off on the Warriors. This may very well come down to the clutch, hopefully for my sake in the Kings' favor.

kainomac
    kainomac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by georgestove View Post
    and that guy with the really long name at the other guard position

georgestove
    I got the nuts

Well not too bad of a day... I hit both of my 2 unit plays

Sixers +7 vs Pacers 1U LOSS -1U
    Raptors -4 vs Hawks 1U WIN +.95U
    Wizards +4 vs Heat 1U LOSS -1U
    Bulls -4 vs Knicks 1U WIN +.95U
    Grizzlies -8 vs Timberwolves 1U LOSS -1U
    Nuggets -7 vs Pistons 1U WIN +.95U
    Blazers -8 vs Thunder 2U WIN +1.9U
    Bucks +8.5 vs Hornets 1U WIN +.95U
    Nets -2 vs Celtics 1U LOSS -1U
    Rockets -3.5 vs Jazz 1U WIN +.95U
    Suns -12.5 vs Lakers 2U WIN +1.9U
    Kings +4.5 vs Warriors 1U LOSS 1U

Daily Total
    7-5 +3.55U

GRAND TOTAL
    9-6 +4.45U

georgestove
    I got the nuts

Card for October 30th
    Washington -3.5 vs Orlando 1U
    Orlando did not look good against the Pelicans and Washington hung in there with a pretty decent Heat team. Count on the Washington starters to get some good scoring with an emphasis on John Wall here.

Minnesota -4 vs Detroit 1U
    Detroit put up a very shaky offensive performance today and Minnesota nearly got the Grizzlies yesterday. I capped this without looking at the line at -8.5 Minnesota, due to the excellent scoring they put up and the lack of it by the Pistons. Expect another big game out of Thaddeus Young but a low scoring game.

Cleveland -12 vs Knicks 1U
    I'm trying to think of a way the Knicks cover this but I just can't. A fresh Lebron, Kevin Love, and Kyrie at home after the pounding the Bulls just handed the Knicks is gonna be waaaaaaaay too much for this fresh system. I expect a 30-10 easy by Love and 30+ for Lebron as well.

Utah +10.5 vs Dallas 1U
    I really liked the way Utah played today vs Houston, they were in there until they faded in the 4th. I think they'll put up another good fight but end up losing. I think 11 is just too much for Dallas to handle as they had some shooting issues against the Spurs. Expect a Utah loss in Dallas but by single digits.

Clippers -10.5 vs Thunder 1U
    After the way Westbrook put the team on his back I was considering the Thunder with the points here. However, taking into account the Clippers haven't played a game yet and their at home, and the fact that Westbrook has to be exhausted from that effort, I think the beat down is real here. Adams and Perkins are gonna be useless against Lob City, I see this as a blowout for the Clips.

georgestove
    I got the nuts

Not the best of days (thanks clips and stinkaliers), but I'll get em tommorow.
    2-3 -1.1U

Washington -3.5 WIN +.95U
    Minnesota -4 WIN +.95UCleveland -12 LOSS -1UUtah +10.5 LOSS -1UClippers -10.5 LOSS -1U

Grand Total
    11-9 +3.35U

georgestove
    I got the nuts

October 31st Card 2U Plays
    These are the ones I'm gonna smash tommorow

Bulls -3.5 vs Cavs 2U
    Gotta like how the Bulls looked vs the Knicks the Cavs lost to yesterday. They whooped them without much effort from the starters. With the rested starters and at home, I see a good ol butt whoopin here if the Cavs turn it over like yesterday. If they clean up the TO's then it could be close but I still see the Bulls here by 4.

Clippers -12 vs Lakers 2U
    Lakers = terrible. Clippers = how did you almost lose to the Thunder -Westbrook?!?!?! This could go horribly wrong.... but I think they'll be a little more motivated today and hopefully put another double digit embarrassment on the Lakers.

atthehalf
    atthehalf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3397

You are betting a lot of bad numbers. In the long run that will not be a good thing. There were much better professional numbers to bet today than those

georgestove
    I got the nuts

Card for October 31st Continued
    San Antonio Spurs ML vs Suns 1U
    After the win against the Mavs without Kawhi they look like they may dominate another year with Pop doing some more of his masterful rest management of his players. But in this game look for the Spurs to win vs a Suns team that may be feeling a little cocky after stomping out the Lakers.

Portland Trail Blazers -5 vs Kings 1U
    I thought the Kings would be a little better this year but they looked pretty bad a couple days ago. The Blazers didn't put up the best show against the Thunder however, that 4th quarter was spectacular with 3 balls everywhere. 5 points is just not gonna be enough for the Kings this early in the season against a seasoned Portland team.

Philadelphia 76ers +8.5 vs Bucks 1U
    The way the Bucks blew that lead a couple days ago is worrysome. They put up a boat load of points with nothing to show. The Sixers didn't look great. This is a complete flip and I have no idea if this will be right or not, but 9 is a lot of points.

Indiana Pacers +6 vs Grizzlies 1U
    Grizzlies looked solid but not too flashy. The Pacers did work and proved that even with the injuries they could be contenders. Again another coinflip and only taking this because I wanna bet all of them, so ill take the points and tell myself good luck.

atthehalf
    atthehalf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3397

My good man, no offense or anything-but again-you are betting a lot of bad numbers...it will not be good for you in the long run...

ball so hard u
    ball so hard u's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

gave up so soon?