Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

ESPN Ranks Kobe Bryant as the 40th Best Player in The League..Ouch!!!! LOL

This is Hilarious...ESPN clearly does not like Kobe...which is in stark contrast to 6-7 years ago when they were overrating him and covering up all his mistakes on ESPN highlights..Kobe is not going to like this...Obviously..his injuries and age are being taken into consideration...He cannot average 25 a night..he cannot play 37 minutes a night...and there are at least 10 players in the league right now who will do that over the course of an 82 game season...and several more who will come close to doing it...Kobe right now is NOT in this class....so is ESPN wrong here?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-nbarank-right

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11711008

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    This is Hilarious...ESPN clearly does not like Kobe...which is in stark contrast to 6-7 years ago when they were overrating him and covering up all his mistakes on ESPN highlights..Kobe is not going to like this...Obviously..his injuries and age are being taken into consideration...He cannot average 25 a night..he cannot play 37 minutes a night...and there are at least 10 players in the league right now who will do that over the course of an 82 game season...and several more who will come close to doing it...Kobe right now is NOT in this class....so is ESPN wrong here?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-nbarank-right

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11711008

HAHAHAHHA.. this fuggin' RULES... how hilarious...

that KOBE is
    1st in SALARY AND 40th in what he offers as a player!!

i think ESPN is being generous.. he is going to suck. BADLY

there are 50 guys easy ahead of him
    EVERY team has at least one player better than KOBE.
    and many have two.

should be 55th imo

Snake24
    Snake24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7076

^^^Downright Disrepectful.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Snake24 View Post
    ^^^Downright Disrepectful.
    YES– .. this ranking is disrespectful to about a dozen more players that deserve to be ahead of him.

mid-50's is my placement

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    HAHAHAHHA.. this fuggin' RULES... how hilarious...

that KOBE is
    1st in SALARY AND 40th in what he offers as a player!!

i think ESPN is being generous.. he is going to suck. BADLY

there are 50 guys easy ahead of him
    EVERY team has at least one player better than KOBE.
    and many have two.

should be 55th imo
    I never thought of it that way...The highest paid player is the 40th ranked player in the league..LOL..Unreal.......and would you know...they have Lance Stephenson ranked 50th...attitude problem aside, love him or hate him....Lance was the best player on the Pacers last year...and was far better than Kobe who had 50 turn overs in 6 games....At first I thought I was being mean to Kobe...but looking at some of the other names on this list....

41. Eric Bledsoe | 42. Kenneth Faried | 48. Bradley Beal .........I think ESPN may very well have ranked Kobe too high...because these guys are miles ahead of Kobe as it stands right now....

Ratzz

I never thought of it that way...The highest paid player is the 40th ranked player in the league..LOL..Unreal.......and would you know...they have Lance Stephenson ranked 50th...attitude problem aside, love him or hate him....Lance was the best player on the Pacers last year...and was far better than Kobe who had 50 turn overs in 6 games....At first I thought I was being mean to Kobe...but looking at some of the other names on this list....

41. Eric Bledsoe | 42. Kenneth Faried | 48. Bradley Beal .........I think ESPN may very well have ranked Kobe too high...because these guys are miles ahead of Kobe as it stands right now....
    i completely concur, sir

i have Kobalicious at 55-60, NO WAY he can outplay Lance Stephenson..

he's luck so high

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Kobe

still top 3

Lebron
    Kobe
    Tyson Chandler
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBRMAN23

Snake24

Bledsoe, Faried, and Beal can't hold the Mamba's nuts...

Snake24

i completely concur, sir

i have Kobalicious at 55-60, NO WAY he can outplay Lance Stephenson..

he's luck so high
    Miles ahead of Kobe??!!!

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Kobe

still top 3

Lebron
    Kobe
    Tyson Chandler
    I agree with you but if I could make a few corrections here and there.....Replace Kobe with Durant and Tyson with Melo...Ban Chandler from the list and Place Kobe at 60...LOLOLOL

Menses

Bledsoe, Faried, and Beal can't hold the Mamba's nuts...
    Not only are they better than Kobe...but I reckon..Kobe would likely injure himself permanently if he tried to guard either one of them...

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Kobe

still top 3

Lebron
    Kobe
    Tyson Chandler
    lol.. time for therapy, my friend.

Kobe is 100% washed-up.

Menses

Ratzz......You realize Byron is running the Princeton Offense...the same offense Mike Brown was fired for running? lol......Will Kobe try and have Byron fired after 3 games this year the way he did Mike Brown 2 years ago? Why is Kobe playing defense as of late when he refused to do so under Mike Brown?

Snake24

Old Man Mamba is getting buckets. Yall couldn't score in y'all's BS city league.

Snake24

Ratzz......You realize Byron is running the Princeton Offense...the same offense Mike Brown was fired for running? lol......Will Kobe try and have Byron fired after 3 games this year the way he did Mike Brown 2 years ago? Why is Kobe playing defense as of late when he refused to do so under Mike Brown?
    you wouldn't play D for sorry ass Mike Brown either. Stop posting.

Snake24

Killin!!!!!

Snake24

Hood and Heyward have no chance...

Ratzz

Old Man Mamba is getting buckets. Yall couldn't score in y'all's BS city league.

LOL.. what are you talking about?!?!

KOBE is 5-14 in the 1st half (.357)

LAST GAME he went 3-13 (.230)

8-27 last three Halves of play (.296)

Ratzz

lol.. i agree...

1) Scott has Rings.. that is the only thing that Kobe recognizes..

2) Kobe has ZERO OFFENSIVE skills now other than a fade-away
    he has to try to look useful.. he IS the highest paid player in the league

we're gonna get to have a lot of fun with Kobe this year!!

he is going to be bricking like crazy trying to rack up pts.
    all he ever really cared about were his records

Menses

Hood and Heyward have no chance...
    LOL...

And yet...Utah is ahead by 20..with several players with more than 8 pts a piece...including Heyward..meanwhile Kobe is 6 got 16...with 2 turnovers...and 2 separate bail out calls from the refs including one call where he bullied the refs into hitting Heyward with the foul...

This team is in serious trouble....

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

lol.. time for therapy, my friend.

Kobe is 100% washed-up.
    your prejudice towards the man and obsession rather has been creepy over the years.
    unbiasedly speaking, anyone that knows hoops knows kobe is still top 10 EASY but there isn't an unbiased bone in your body.

this coming from a Bulls fan.

Menses

lol.. i agree...

1) Scott has Rings.. that is the only thing that Kobe recognizes..

2) Kobe has ZERO OFFENSIVE skills now other than a fade-away
    he has to try to look useful.. he IS the highest paid player in the league

we're gonna get to have a lot of fun with Kobe this year!!

he is going to be bricking like crazy trying to rack up pts.
    all he ever really cared about were his records
    Especially the record for most missed field goals....Come on Kobe...I know you can do it!!!!!

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    your prejudice towards the man and obsession rather has been creepy over the years.
    unbiasedly speaking, anyone that knows hoops knows kobe is still top 10 EASY but there isn't an unbiased bone in your body.

You really believe that Kobe is STILL top 10 at this very moment? Is this within the Laker Scrimmages? or the entire NBA?...LOL....I would like to see that list...Are you watching tonights game? Heyward is showing Kobe no respect allowing plenty of space...at times and then playing him closer...why? Could it be the scouting report that came out today alluding to the fact that Kobe cannot beat his defenders off the dribble anymore? And that his lift is not there....Kobe has 17 so far tonight..he missed his first 3 shots....which usually means...he wont score until he gets to the free throw line....which he has 5 times so far tonight...precipitated by his trademark head fake which usually baits the refs into sending him to the line....Eventually the refs smartened up and Heyward stop going for the fake.....blocking him once and stripping him as well in the process...LOL..

Why does Kobe currently have almost triple the amount of shots every other player on his team has aside from Boozer? While his team is down 30 points with 9 to play in the 4th ?
    Last edited by Menses; 10-16-14 at 11:10 PM.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

kobe is still top 10 EASY

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

kobe still top 10??
    based on what, shit he did 2 years ago?
    im gonna wait to make any judgements, but top 10 is stretching it
    i get the feeling theres gonna be a lot of people posterizing kobe this year
    his defense was looking suspect and that was way before he got hurt

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Kobe is still top 10 easy, said no one ever, except 1 foolish sbr troll

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

ESPN has another negative story on Kobe now on how he's crippling the team.

Did Lakers management ask ESPN to do this so he'd quit??

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

Beat me to it, basically flaming himtalk about a long ass 2 years, this will be a better soap opera than young and the restless.

here are the cliffnotes:

he ran dwight howard out of town when the lakers wanted to keep him badly

buss gave him 50 million to keep ratings up on their time warner deal and to appease the delusional fanbase, since kupchak knew no one wanted to play with him

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

There has been a change in the NBA script...ever since Stern and Gilbert cancelled the Chris Paul trade...the Lakers are no longer the leading male in an ensemble cast...10 years ago, an article like the one you see on ESPN today would never have been written...but the league is stronger now and they do not need to shine the Lakers and make them the heroine of the story. The new salary cap was designed to guarantee the Lakers could not buy themselves another championship...under the old rules, you could just surround a volume scorer like Kobe with 20 million dollar 7 footers..they almost did it again with Dwight..but Kobe chased him out of town...

Now you have to find role players who know exactly what their role is to compliment the star players (Spurs)...or you get more star players to take pay cuts to play with other star players (Miami, Cavs?)...which isn't happening with a guy like Jelly Bean as he cannot and will not share the ball or the spotlight....he has burned a lot of bridges over the years...and the writers are taking their pound of flesh...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Beat me to it, basically flaming himtalk about a long ass 2 years, this will be a better soap opera than young and the restless.

here are the cliffnotes:

he ran dwight howard out of town when the lakers wanted to keep him badly

buss gave him 50 million to keep ratings up on their time warner deal and to appease the delusional fanbase, since kupchak knew no one wanted to play with him
    I don't believe for a second..it will only be 2 years...I fully expect Kobe to sign for an additional 3rd year..we have to remember, under the NBA's 35 year old rule, no player above that age can sign for more than 2 years..Jordan played until he was 40...as long as Kobe can still shoot...he will remain a Laker until at least 2017-2018...thus costing them a shot at Durant and or Westbrook....

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I don't believe for a second..it will only be 2 years...I fully expect Kobe to sign for an additional 3rd year..we have to remember, under the NBA's 35 year old rule, no player above that age can sign for more than 2 years..Jordan played until he was 40...as long as Kobe can still shoot...he will remain a Laker until at least 2017-2018...thus costing them a shot at Durant and or Westbrook....
    You would think after 2 more 30 win seasons the delusional fanbase would finally except that he is finished, but you could be right. I do think that Laker management is resigned to the fact that they suck and need him out of town, a LOT of sources chiming in with the same thing in this piece.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    You would think after 2 more 30 win seasons the delusional fanbase would finally except that he is finished, but you could be right. I do think that Laker management is resigned to the fact that they suck and need him out of town, a LOT of sources chiming in with the same thing in this piece.
    Thing is..I do not believe he is finished...he can still play and contribute......but not at that salary..and certainly not as a ball dominant 2 guard who tends to play the 1 as well when he is "feeling it".....He claimed he was going to play an efficient game this year..Coach scott claimed his minutes would be limited ala Duncan...and yet he has taken close to 50 shots in his last two games...and is shooting a percentage that even for him is beyond embarrassing. while playing way too many minutes for a preseason affair...while Julius Randle has barely touched the ball...Rookies are supposed to eat first in pre-season

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Thing is..I do not believe he is finished...he can still play and contribute......but not at that salary..and certainly not as a ball dominant 2 guard who tends to play the 1 as well when he is "feeling it".....He claimed he was going to play an efficient game this year..Coach scott claimed his minutes would be limited ala Duncan...and yet he has taken close to 50 shots in his last two games...and is shooting a percentage that even for him is beyond embarrassing. while playing way too many minutes for a preseason affair...while Julius Randle has barely touched the ball...Rookies are supposed to eat first in pre-season
    He's finished as a star, but could still be an above average starter if his ego would allow it. The one source was on the money in the article. He said;

"He wants to win," says a source close to Lakers decision makers. "But only as long as he's the reason we're winning, as long as the performance is not affecting his numbers. No one works harder than Kobe. And no one sabotages his own efforts more. He's scaring off the free agents we're trying to get. We're trying to surround you with talent and your ego is getting in the way."

Ratzz

ESPN has been crucifying Kobie... damn,, they are sticking it to him BAD.. video after video of him tanking..
    bricking shots... made a fool on defense.. it's hilarious..

AND... calling ESPN "a bunch of idiots".. was the MOST STUPID THING an pro athlete can do.

ESPN controls the sports media on TV... they are the ones that present your highlights to the public.
    from here on out.. watch how ESPN's coverage becomes increasingly negative.

they are going to make the last two years of his career a huge embarrassment (it already is)
    and we are only 5 games of preseason in.

I PREDICT, if it gets really bad, Kobie will just get injured to spare himself the shame of playing

Ratzz

Kobie almost squashed the NASH trade..!!

http://www.lakersnation.com/report-s...de/2014/10/20/

LOL... this is why everything runs SO SMOOTH in LA:

Attached Images  

1234 Last